BC
Navy
Marshall
Temple
UCF
USF
ECU
App State

Because there is an outlier chance something like that may get thrown together when the music stops

Support.. always.

Watch… probably not.

That conference you laid out is check the box score material.

I’d likely become a college sports casual and just watch whatever big SEC games are on.

SU
UConn
UB
Pitt
WVU
Cincy
Memphis
Army
BC
Navy
Marshall
Temple
UCF
USF
ECU
App State

Because there is an outlier chance something like that may get thrown together when the music stops
I dont disagree with your last statement.

If the BIG abd SEC go to 24-team super conferences, this would be a great conference too:

Boston College
Syracuse
Pittsburgh
West Virginia
Notre Dame
Duke
Wake Forest
Cincinnati
Louisville
Miami
Houston
Baylor
TCU
BYU

If the BIG abd SEC go to 24-team super conferences, this would be a great conference too:

Boston College
Syracuse
Pittsburgh
West Virginia
Navy/Notre Dame
Duke
Wake Forest
Cincinnati
Louisville
Miami
Baylor
TCU
I like that better, but ND is funny...(for football) Seeing as we dont need Navy to get ND, can we take Army instead? Take em both for all I care. If Army/Navy are playing, I'm watching.

Probably but if I have a choice between watching Georgia-Oklahoma or Syracuse-UB, I'm watching the SEC game and keeping track of the SU score on my phone.

SU
UConn
UB
Pitt
WVU
Cincy
Memphis
Army
BC
Navy
Marshall
Temple
UCF
USF
ECU
App State

There would be no need for a conference that large.

SU, UConn, Pitt, WV, Cincy, BC, Temple, ECU, UCF, USF

That is the NBE but subbing UCF for Louisville (which I like better), subbing BC for RU (which I like better), and adding ECU (who we have a history with). All 9 are easy to get to for road games.

App State, UB, and Marshall wouldn't help with TV $. I would like playing Army and Navy but I prefer a round robin schedule, and no partial members.

For football my fanship wouldn't change. For BBall I am trending toward watching less and less as it is. The sport of CBBall is broken for me. This conference would just accelerate things. Although outside of the 3 Southern schools that isn't a bad conference.

I will support and watch to the end of time. It’s my alma mader.

tbh I’d rather they go full retro and re enter the big east for hoops and olympic sports and go back to being an eastern independent, go to a streaming model for football. Maybe join ND in some sort of an independent consortium where you bundle their games with ours football wise. Feel like a communications school w an ESPN executive could maximize this. I’m being realistic about football playoff chances but this may allow us to get back to bowl games if we schedule our eastern brethren and maybe 1-2 big time schools where they pay us to play.

this is assuming music stops and ACC goes away and we are stuck.

There would be no need for a conference that large.

SU, UConn, Pitt, WV, Cincy, BC, Temple, ECU, UCF, USF

That is the NBE but subbing UCF for Louisville (which I like better), subbing BC for RU (which I like better), and adding ECU (who we have a history with). All 9 are easy to get to for road games.

App State, UB, and Marshall wouldn't help with TV $. I would like playing Army and Navy but I prefer a round robin schedule, and no partial members.

For football my fanship wouldn't change. For BBall I am trending toward watching less and less as it is. The sport of CBBall is broken for me. This conference would just accelerate things. Although outside of the 3 Southern schools that isn't a bad conference.

Also the smaller the conference in the better. If we are in an 8 team conference that allows us to play up to 5 P5 OOC games. Which helps makeup for being in a crappy conference. We can play Penn State, Ohio State, Rutgers, Maryland, UVA, VA Tech, Notre Dame all more often than we play them now. Although we won't make Bowls often in that case. But then again the Bowl tie in will be crappy so better to play name OOC teams than cupcakes.

A 16 team conference you are looking at 1-2 P5 OOC games. Yuck.

For BBall the smaller the better as well. An 8 team conference means only 14 conference games. That means 6 extra games are needed to fill out the schedule. We can play St John's, Nova, GTown all yearly. We can play Duke fairly often. That makes up for a lot.

I'll watch and support SU in whatever league they end up in as well as my parents 2 alma maters. I've supported and watched those 3 teams all my life and won't stop now.

I wouldn't have much interest in watching many other games. It's bad enough right now having the same few teams. If there were only 2 or so relevant conferences, I'd find something else to do with my time, which wouldn't be a bad thing to be honest. My parents are getting older and I've wasted a lot of time over the years watching games that I truly didn't care about the result and my time could have been better spent with my family.

Last edited:
If it came to that we should say screw football and go all in on getting the basketball team in a conference it would remain elite in.

I'll watch Syracuse if we are playing the FM Hornets on Friday nights in the Fall and Coach Carter's team in January.

I love this school more than basically anything on this entire earth.
Agree. It does not matter to me. I watched through the Greg Robinson area even when we were getting killed. I’d watch su not matter the conference.

Me, when I hear people who think SU will be left without a seat at the table when everything shakes out with realignment:

are you crazy.gif