Hypothetical | Syracusefan.com

Hypothetical

When do the sanctions not count as an excuse anymore? That's a serious question. Because at some point that can't be an excuse, and will be because we can't land stud players in CNY.

When do the sanctions not count as an excuse anymore? That's a serious question. Because at some point that can't be an excuse, and will be because we can't land stud players in CNY.
I agree with some of the things some of the people are saying but you’re saying we can’t land any studs here we just did. yeah he’s a couple years away but he’s a five star player and we got 2 four stars coming in So your point is not very relevant whatsoever

Last edited:
I doubt it.

Also, I think I hear Townie's entrance music...
893DC17B-6D69-48D5-9AD6-BF0460E17CD6.jpeg

If we hired a new coach in 2014, and he had the same results we’ve had over the past 6 years, would he still be our coach?
Possibly. But there would need to be some top rated recruits coming in next year.

Depends on what you think the University’s requirements are.

I doubt they are the same as a handful of ardent message board posters are. SU might be perfectly satisfied with being a mid-tier ACC program that occasionally or regularly makes the tournament.

I agree with some of the things some of the people are saying but you’re saying we can’t land any studs here we just did. yeah he’s a couple years away but he’s a five star player and we got to four stars coming in So your point is not very relevant whatsoever

I'm excited for Dior and hope he doesn't make the jump to the NBA. But for the last few years, it's been all about sanctions rather than players, which the players we get comes directly from the sanctions. With sanctions being cleared, how long do we use the sanction excuse?

Depends on what you think the University’s requirements are.

I doubt they are the same as a handful of ardent message board posters are. SU might be perfectly satisfied with being a mid-tier ACC program that occasionally or regularly makes the tournament.
BAW GAWD THATS TOWNIES MUSIC... THATS GOTTA BE... THATS GOTTA BE TOWNIE!

Ben Howland got run out of LA and he had two F4s. Kevin Ollie won a title (and maybe kinda cheated a lil bit). Indiana ran Crean out the door after he turned their program around and had three sweet 16s, including a #1 seed (lol).

Only if attendance and revenue didn't fall off.
Firing and hiring a string of coaches chasing the glory days is a not a very attractive strategy. No sense chasing the likely unobtainable.

The new reality is here. Fans will show up or they won’t. The University doesn’t have to have 25k average attendance.

Firing and hiring a string of coaches chasing the glory days is a not a very attractive strategy. No sense chasing the likely unobtainable.

The new reality is here. Fans will show up or they won’t. The University doesn’t have to have 25k average attendance.

Having JB get out coached and out recruited day in and day our while our old peers (Prov., Seton Hall, Nova) have blown by us is certainly exciting...

We cannot even beat Clemson at basketball...this isn’t football we are talking about. It’s basketball. Attendance has fallen and will continue to fall.

When do you tell the new coach that he's going to be hammered with 4 years worth of sanctions: before or after he's hired?
Has Lville been hit with sanctions from strippergate or are we still waiting? If their sanctions are over, they are doing pretty well for themselves.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom