I’d Hate to be Louisville this Wednesday | Syracusefan.com

I’d Hate to be Louisville this Wednesday

Interesting sentiment especially with UL coming off 2 losses against mediocre at best teams and looking piss poor in doing so. I anticipate facing a Cards team that wants to right that ship in the worst way, along with their rowdy fans. I expect Nwora to come out of his 2 game slump. Perhaps Buddy will as well though.

SU can beat anybody if our marksmen get aligned in the same game and consistently hit 3's.
Particularly Dagger 3's to close out the game.
3 point shooting supposed to be a strength of this team -SU is due to light it up.
3's alsoget Marek and QG more space inside-
With their improving ability to take it to the hoop, could do some damage while drawing fouls.

So will subscribe to your Crystal Ball! :)

Interesting sentiment especially with UL coming off 2 losses against mediocre at best teams and looking piss poor in doing so. I anticipate facing a Cards team that wants to right that ship in the worst way. I expect Nwora to come out of his 2 game slump. Perhaps Buddy will as well though.
I expect them to feel welcomed back home against a struggling Syracuse team, hoping to “right the ship”.

Then Boeheim pulls a John Paul Jones and adds insult to injury. We pull the plug on one of the ACC’s last ship of the line’s.

Guerrier chases Cardinal tears with smarties and starbursts.

Nobody in the ACC is unbeatable. I thought FSU was pretty mediocre. Louisville, who I’ve seen little of, seems beatable too. I will be wearing Orange and rooting hard for the upset.

I need to try something different. I think I'm going to drink some Zimas, wear pink, and sit in my dog's bed during the game. This is serious, people. We need this one soooo badly. Do what needs go be done. Let's go. We win, we're squarely right back in bubble conversation.

I am in the stupidest situation regarding this game. For a number of reasons, my hubs, daughter and I must go see a Broadway musical Wednesday night. We could skip it, but we paid good money for it and it doesn’t seem right to not go. We also cannot go on Tuesday or Thursday. But it TOTALLY doesn’t feel right not to watch the game. On top of that, we have Louisville family, some of whom will be at the game that we will not be watching. Normally, we would be texting like crazy. And clearly this is coming down to a very important game for both teams, although I would argue that our need to win outweighs theirs. But of course, I would argue that.

On the other hand, I don’t know if I can take watching one more close game that ends up as a loss. There’s a little part of me that feels relieved. Maybe the loss won’t hurt so much if I’m not watching in real time. (Of course, it will be recorded and eagerly watched if we win.) At any rate, we can’t turn back now. The die is cast. I will be sitting in the Landmark Theater watching some dumb play about singing gangsters while my team is having a Battle Royale with our family’s team.

It’s just stupid.

I will be sitting in the Landmark Theater watching some dumb play about singing gangsters while my team is having a Battle Royale with our family’s team.
Option: implement MultiTasking!
Sit between husband/daughter, then WatchESPN on mute w/screen brightness set low.
Good Luck On Your Mission ;)

I am in the stupidest situation regarding this game. For a number of reasons, my hubs, daughter and I must go see a Broadway musical Wednesday night. We could skip it, but we paid good money for it and it doesn’t seem right to not go. We also cannot go on Tuesday or Thursday. But it TOTALLY doesn’t feel right not to watch the game. On top of that, we have Louisville family, some of whom will be at the game that we will not be watching. Normally, we would be texting like crazy. And clearly this is coming down to a very important game for both teams, although I would argue that our need to win outweighs theirs. But of course, I would argue that.

On the other hand, I don’t know if I can take watching one more close game that ends up as a loss. There’s a little part of me that feels relieved. Maybe the loss won’t hurt so much if I’m not watching in real time. (Of course, it will be recorded and eagerly watched if we win.) At any rate, we can’t turn back now. The die is cast. I will be sitting in the Landmark Theater watching some dumb play about singing gangsters while my team is having a Battle Royale with our family’s team.

It’s just stupid.

If it were me, I would just come back after your gangster play and watch it recorded. I watch many of our games recorded so that I can watch when it works best for me. My family knows this and never leaks the outcome. Saturday's game was tricky cause I have an obnoxious FSU fan who I knew would text me. I just turned off text notifications for the day. Good luck!

It’s just stupid.
I can see you developing some flu like feelings just before time for the theater.

I need to try something different. I think I'm going to drink some Zimas, wear pink, and sit in my dog's bed during the game. This is serious, people. We need this one soooo badly. Do what needs go be done. Let's go. We win, we're squarely right back in bubble conversation.

Zima...

F-that, get urself a 2-liter of sun country wine cooler.

Zima just brings me back to my senior year at SU, 1993. :)

Many nights I don't remember, many things unaccounted for, and many apologies made for things I was told were done.

What sort of things were you told were done and weren't?

I've upgraded 27 years later to...

854081161001_6121102438001_6121103835001-vs.jpg

Zima, White Claw, Bud Light seltzer. Pffffff. It's IPAs (light beers on the golf course) and bourbon or you might as be hitting from the ladies tee.

I say this with concern and respect to my fizzy water drinking Orange brethren of course.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom