I’ll take it…but that was painful… | Syracusefan.com

I’ll take it…but that was painful…

Jake

Mod
Lots not to like tonight, but I felt really confident on that final drive.

Virginia showed no ability all game long to do damage in the air. My biggest concern was making the FG. I thought UVA needed 4 minutes to get into FG range.

But I was still losing my sheet watching us snap the ball w/15 seconds left n the play clock.

Crowd felt like it was low 30s actual fannies.,..but it was plenty loud when needed.

There is no way Tucker is 100%. And the defense is just keying on him. It’s a combo that our OC needs to address. It’s like we’re running a Heisman campaign instead of an offense.

My biggest concern is the mounting injuries. I didn’t see what happened to Carter, but Lockett’s looked bad.

We need to get healthy or trade for a DT.

Apparently McDonald was out too? As a fan i'm gonna choose to forget that second half and only complain about settling for FGs. Also those commentators were horrendous.

Locket looked like it could have been an MCL. Hopefully at worst it’s a low grade tear. It didn’t seem like it was that bad?

I am worried about the mounting injuries on the defensive side. Carter has been playing outstanding. We can’t afford to lose him and Lockett on top of everything else

Virginia showed no ability all game long to do damage in the air. My biggest concern was making the FG. I thought UVA needed 4 minutes to get into FG range.

But I was still losing my sheet watching us snap the ball w/15 seconds left n the play clock.

Crowd felt like it was low 30s actual fannies.,..but it was plenty loud when needed.

There is no way Tucker is 100%. And the defense is just keying on him. It’s a combo that our OC needs to address. It’s like we’re running a Heisman campaign instead of an offense.

My biggest concern is the mounting injuries. I didn’t see what happened to Carter, but Lockett’s looked bad.

The last drive overall was good but the clock management was again a freeking disaster. 5 times with the clock running SU snapped the ball with 12+ seconds on the playclock and the game clock running. Anae was supposed to help clock management, if anything its gotten worse.

From our angle , I can honestly say Tucker had 0 holes to run through. Horrid run blocking!!

First half we dominated albeit we had to settle for field goals. Second half was turnover city with tons of penalties. Our running game is an issue, as crazy as that is to say. What a nail biter.. I’ll take it.

Apparently McDonald was out too? As a fan i'm gonna choose to forget that second half and only complain about settling for FGs. Also those commentators were horrendous.
Settling for fg won us the game.

From our angle , I can honestly say Tucker had 0 holes to run through. Horrid run blocking!!

This is accurate but he's banged up as well. He's not getting the edges the few times we try and has he always worn a vest under his pads? Feel like he's got a UBI and due to that he's playing rigid and a step slow. Granted him a step slower is still dangerous but something is off. Also his ball security has gotten sloppy, one wonders if it's hurting him to tuck the ball currently?

Hopefully he heals up in the next 3 weeks along with some other starters (GS). We shouldn't need the starters much vs Wagner and that bye week is a Good send before we hit the meat of our schedule. Get starters healed that can be, and get some back ups acclimated

Based on our Oline play, it might be tough to hit 6 wins. I thought this was supposed to be the strength of our team. What. I know Tucker is banged up but he has no where to run.
6 wins? We will have 5 wins after next week then a bye. Who cares how we win. We just won an ACC game where we played terrible. Lots to clean up. UVA was used to seeing Anae’s in offense the last few years . They have a good defense plus they knew where to do.

Just imagine how you would have felt if we lost. We can’t chose how we win now. A win is a win, especially a conference one where we have a TON to clean. Up going into bye after Wagner. We couldn’t be positioned better for a stretch run. Clemson, NCST, ND, BC, FSU, WF and even PItt aren’t what they seemed before the season. At worst we win 3-4.

6 wins? We will have 5 wins after next week then a bye. Who cares how we win. We just won an ACC game where we played terrible. Lots to clean up. UVA was used to seeing Anae’s in offense the last few years . They have a good defense plus they knew where to do.

Just imagine how you would have felt if we lost. We can’t chose how we win now. A win is a win, especially a conference one where we have a TON to clean. Up going into bye after Wagner. We couldn’t be positioned better for a stretch run. Clemson, NCST, ND, BC, FSU, WF and even PItt aren’t what they seemed before the season. At worst we win 3-4.
All those teams with maybe the exception of BC are better than UVA and they dominated us in the trenches where it counts. Road gets way tougher from here.

Based on our Oline play, it might be tough to hit 6 wins. I thought this was supposed to be the strength of our team. What. I know Tucker is banged up but he has no where to run.
Wow , hope this ages poorly. Your thinking 7 game losing streak. We have had one really subpar performance. (Purdue is good )

All those teams with maybe the exception of BC are better than UVA and they dominated us in the trenches where it counts. Road gets way tougher from here.
Our offense was great against a very good Purdue team who looks to be legit at stopping the run. Look at what they did ti Penn St.

Louisville went toe to toe at FSU before losing by 1 score. We handled FSU.

I’m starting to worry about injuries piling up but we are about to be 5-0 going into the tough stretch of the record. Thst 5-0 record counts for swagger and momentum. None of those team have looked like world beaters

Add 4 turnovers. We get a conference win. If we played turnover free ball we still win by 17 .

Glad the team survived. Just win next week and let some of our nicked up guys get a couple of weeks to heal. 4 and 0 and our least difficult game in front of us. Let's go!

You're right. People here tend to forget that other teams try to win games too.

6-6 is what the program needs. Improved record. Improved in the ACC. Bowling. Any wins beyond that are a nice bonus.

Last night was a really important win. Makes 6-6 much more achievable. Win against a peer program. Should draw a good crowd for NC State (+40k). "Keeps the chains moving."

Last edited:
Our offense was great against a very good Purdue team who looks to be legit at stopping the run. Look at what they did ti Penn St.

Louisville went toe to toe at FSU before losing by 1 score. We handled FSU.

I’m starting to worry about injuries piling up but we are about to be 5-0 going into the tough stretch of the record. Thst 5-0 record counts for swagger and momentum. None of those team have looked like world beaters
And how do you think we are going to look down the stretch physically after NC State, Clemson and ND, all big physical teams? I hope to heck I’m wrong but it feels like we are fragile right now. Let’s see what the next 3 weeks do for us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom