I’m baffled... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I’m baffled...

sure...but how often do you ever see SU players handchecking? either called or not...i dont see it.

when they foul its almost always on accident OR obvious and intentional (usually to protect the basket)

JB teaches his bigs to purposely just keep their hands straight in the air...thats not the norm.

I think JB wants his guys to make as little contact as possible as a rule...

At the same time...it is clear as day that other coaches want their defenders to make as much contact as possible as a rule...

I guess maaaaybe it isn't anything malicious by the refs...but it isn't fair in the end...if 2 teams have such diametrically opposedphilosophies on defense to call them by the same standard. I reffed some in rec leagues before I know how hard it is to be fair...even at a low level of basketball...its a hard job the refs have...but it should be balanced and they shouldnt be the ones determining the outcome.

Time and again I see that the trailing team gets all the breaks from the refs...keep eyes on the game...I understand it but dont like it.
I don’t think you watch much college basketball outside of Syracuse.

Why the hell do they allow hand checking when it’s supposed to be a foul? These past 2 games the hand checking was out of control by both opponents. If anything, it’s ruining college basketball by denying the freedom of movement...it’s almost like playing 5 on 6!
Totally. They called more fouls against SDSU than WVU.

My first impression about the officiating in the WVU game was, "They're making this look like an old Big East game." I thought those days of street-fighting were gone.

I don’t think you watch much college basketball outside of Syracuse.
I don't. Not this year. But ive watched a few tourney games and seen some teams that dont mug on d as a default...so its not everyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom