I’m crushed but seriously how would you feel to be Rex right now? | Syracusefan.com

I’m crushed but seriously how would you feel to be Rex right now?

Halfmooncuse

Hall of Fame
Actually I feel bad for him. After what he has gone through in his young life. And unfortunately the only player that according to Dino we would let play QB. And then after some miracle plays in the game he theoretically ends his career with plays that will be negatively talked about by SUband non SU fans for decades.

Hang in there Rex. Life is bigger than this.

Last edited:
I’m not upset at Rex for the spike. It was seconds in the game and the clock would have just run out anyway, it was the plays before it and our Offense Coaching that is being laughed at. That is squarely on Dino and Staff!!

Rex was doing everything he could to win.

I think what we should terrified by are the fact that the mistakes he made at the end of the game...are mistakes we’ve seen by Tommy.

so what does this tell us, that it’s actually the coaching. We aren’t seeing good decisions made at all by our players.

Actually I feel bad for him. After what he has gone through in his young life. And unfortunately the only player that according to Barbers we would let play QB. And then after some miracle plays in the game he theoretically ends his career with plays that will be negatively talked about by SUband non SU fans for decades.

Hang in there Rex. Life is bigger than this.
who's barbers?

Last edited:
Guy that cuts hairs. Rex hasn’t seen one since his treatment. They have any in Oburg or you got to go Canada?
oh that was a clip on the play. Good locks my friend.
Sorry mis directed on the reply

I’d be upset that I made poor decision after poor decision when I had the chance to pull out a win or at least send the game into overtime. He made too many mistakes that I’d be much more understanding of if he was a freshman.

I’m not upset at Rex for the spike. It was seconds in the game and the clock would have just run out anyway, it was the plays before it and our Offense Coaching that is being laughed at. That is squarely on Dino and Staff!!

Rex was doing everything he could to win.
Agree with most of this, except the timing. They got the snap off in time, and there was 1 second left after he spiked it. So the clock wouldn’t have run out - they had a chance to make a play if he didn’t spike it.

And what does that tell us? He should be our third string TE.

I do wish we had a soph QB, Chance Aimee blew that. The SR qb was a shafer kid though. Then DeVito, Aimee, Summers, Morgan/Texan.

I do wish we had a soph QB, Chance Aimee blew that. The SR qb was a shafer kid though. Then DeVito, Aimee, Summers, Morgan/Texan.
I wish we had a sophomore, junior or senior QB as well. Our QB recruiting has been a disaster for Dino’s entire tenure.

I wish we had a sophomore, junior or senior QB as well. Our QB recruiting has been a disaster for Dino’s entire tenure.

while TD didn’t live up to expectations he’s the 3rd highest rated QB (and only elite 11 kid) weve ever recruited at Syracuse. Just sayin

while TD didn’t live up to expectations he’s the 3rd highest rated QB (and only elite 11 kid) weve ever recruited at Syracuse. Just sayin
I’m aware. And that apparently cost us recruiting another even mildly regarded QB for 3 years.

He's probably crying his eyes out in the locker room. I feel terrible for him.
I disagree, I think Rex and his family and close friends know better then anyone that a football game is just that . A game. That doesn’t mean he doesn’t give his all , just that he has perspective.