I’m gonna be that guy | Syracusefan.com

I’m gonna be that guy

elimunelson

All American
I’ve brainwashed my 14 year old into an Orange fan and now he wants to go to the Duke game this weekend for his birthday (650 miles of driving here I come). Any of you veterans know best way to buy them non stubhub? Or is stub hub best show in town. Happy to pay just want to make sure I’m not missing any other avenue.

Timonen

All Conference
Could use some strategy to time the purchase, too. If Louisville rolls us, people will be dumping tickets. If we surprise and win that one, momentum will rise (with prices) but will be worth it to come in on the positive (particularly as a relative share to your overall investment here). I’d wait until thurs to purchase.

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
Could use some strategy to time the purchase, too. If Louisville rolls us, people will be dumping tickets. If we surprise and win that one, momentum will rise (with prices) but will be worth it to come in on the positive (particularly as a relative share to your overall investment here). I’d wait until thurs to purchase.
I agree and maybe even Friday. Depending on the market you might not get front row but you might not have to sit in the opposite end zone either. I would definitely look at Stubhub each day at certain sections that you are interested in to see how many tickets are available and has there been any price movement. This is 2014 game just for reference.
20140201_200532_resized.jpg
20140201_200532_resized.jpg

kuethstheman

All Conference
I have 2 in Sec 315, row R. Asking what I paid on StubHub: $145 each

MSOrange

2020 Cali Award Winner, Regular Season Record
I agree and maybe even Friday. Depending on the market you might not get front row but you might not have to sit in the opposite end zone either. I would definitely look at Stubhub each day at certain sections that you are interested in to see how many tickets are available and has there been any price movement. This is 2014 game just for reference. View attachment 153686 View attachment 153686

Now that's up in the underwear section

CaptainJ

Disembodied?
I’ve brainwashed my 14 year old into an Orange fan and now he wants to go to the Duke game this weekend for his birthday (650 miles of driving here I come).
1)Normally, I'm "that guy" on here. Dont take what little this board affords me!

2)It seems you are experiencing something close enough to "instant karma", for the years of heartache the poor kid has in store.

3)I'm just messing with you(kind of), and want to wish you and your son a great experience together. These are at least 2 tickets that wont be sold to Duke fans, so you're doing your part, my friend.

bballbeadle

Woman of a certain age
I am VERY impressed with you, dad! I suspect that what your son will remember is the crowd and the frenzy. What I hope is that he will not remember so much if we lose. I would take lots of pictures; this is something you can talk about in the years ahead. It will be a fantastic memory, probably one of his earliest, and will help him - hopefully - become an Orange fan.

Also, try to prepare him for the noise. That might bother/scare him some. You could even bring some tiny ear plugs. :)

p.s. Depending upon where you sit, access to a bathroom at halftime might be impossible. Prepare accordingly!

OrangeDW

Living Legend
Who are these random Duke fans scattered around, and why do they come? That can’t be a fun experience coming to the wound up Dome, to watch your team lose a heartbreaker.

bballbeadle

Woman of a certain age
I’ve brainwashed my 14 year old into an Orange fan and now he wants to go to the Duke game this weekend for his birthday (650 miles of driving here I come). Any of you veterans know best way to buy them non stubhub? Or is stub hub best show in town. Happy to pay just want to make sure I’m not missing any other avenue.
OMG! I misread your post and thought you were bringing your FOUR YEAR OLD!!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Oh dear god, carry on.

Zepharus

Starter
Either way you're gonna be missing a lot of $$ from your wallet...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lax77

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom