I’m still mad that Dino didn’t get ACC coach of the year | Syracusefan.com

I’m still mad that Dino didn’t get ACC coach of the year

OrangeDW

Living Legend
Hell, he should’ve been NATIONAL coach of the year.

Dabo‘s team did what it would’ve done under any other competent coach in the world. Everyone knew they were a lock to be great. And yes, he deserves credit for building the program to that level.

But that’s not what coach of the year is for.

Dino’s Team was picked to finish last, and instead came within a last second field goal of being in first. He went 10-3 and took Dabo’s team to the last second on his home field, with WAY less talent.

Friggin ridiculous that he wasn’t coach of the year. But hardly surprising in this good old boy league. I hope Dino and the team have an enormous chip on their shoulder this year, because I do. As Melo once said “they don’t want us to win!!”

Hell, he should’ve been NATIONAL coach of the year.

Dabo‘s team did what it would’ve done under any other competent coach in the world. Everyone knew they were a lock to be great. And yes, he deserves credit for building the program to that level.

But that’s not what coach of the year is for.

Dino’s Team was picked to finish last, and instead came within a last second field goal of being in first. He went 10-3 and took Dabo’s team to the last second on his home field, with WAY less talent.

Friggin ridiculous that he wasn’t coach of the year. But hardly surprising in this good old boy league. I hope Dino and the team have an enormous chip on their shoulder this year, because I do. As Melo once said “they don’t want us to win!!”

He did a great job, but three losses is three losses. Win the Pitt game and serious discussion.

Sweeney won 15 games. successfully managed a QB change in mid season going with a true freshmen and got better,and stomped the Bama juggernaut. 9.9 times out of 10 that's the guy that wins coach of the year.

He did a great job, but three losses is three losses. Win the Pitt game and serious discussion.

Sweeney won 15 games. successfully managed a QB change in mid season going with a true freshmen and got better,and stomped the Bama juggernaut. 9.9 times out of 10 that's the guy that wins coach of the year.
All why having 5 Dlineman that will be drafted this year, first round (maybe top 5 pick) QB, RB, and WR. Porr Dabo barely made it through with that team *rolls eyes*
Hats off to Dabo for having the stones to change the QB.
This Clemson team had more talent then any other team in college football, he did what he was supposed to.

Dino took a team, whose seniors had never had more then 4 wins and that was embrassed multiple times a season into a 10 win team who earned the respect of everyone in the nation.

What it comes do for me is most people had us winning 5 or 6 games at most and Clemson as 1a or 1b in college football which would mean around 13 or 14 wins.

That's plus 4 or 5 wins for Dino and only plus 1 or 2 wins for Dabo.

Till the end of my time I will always say not only was Dino robbed of the ACC throphy BUT also the national COY.

Everybody thought Clemson would either win it, or be in the running for winning it all.

The coach of the overwhelming favorite that does what it’s supposed to do should only win it if there’s no other good candidates.

Dino did the best coaching job.

I can see merit to both sides but I generally am more impressed with the coach who did much better than predicted - and I'd say this even if it was reversed. That to me shows really good coaching. Heck JB only won BE coach of the year 4 times and we all know he had way more great seasons than that,but that becomes the expectation once you build a program.

The guy beat us head to head won every game and ended up humiliating Bama sorry he deserves whatever awards he took home. If we beat Clemson and make the ACC CCG Dino will win.

The guy beat us head to head won every game and ended up humiliating Bama sorry he deserves whatever awards he took home. If we beat Clemson and make the ACC CCG Dino will win.

He beat us by 3 on his home field. With WAY more talent.

Boeheim should’ve won coach of the year every single time he won the Big East, by this line of thinking.

The award was given Nov 27 so bowls games are not a factor.

I know this just saying his teams play in the playoffs (they also played ND better than us) justified Dabo winning it. Switching QBs mid season was proven correct. Dino is amazing but Swinney coached flawlessly. (Unless you think we suck and winning a close game at home vs us should be held against him.)

He beat us by 3 on his home field. With WAY more talent.

Boeheim should’ve won coach of the year every single time he won the Big East, by this line of thinking.

That was their only close call over 15 games and we were the 2nd best team in the league last year not some scrubs. Holding that against him is saying we suck Clemson isn’t allowed 1 close game?

A+M never had a shot to win that one they just put some late TDs in when the game was decided and they were close to getting blown out at home.

That was their only close call over 15 games and we were the 2nd best team in the league last year not some scrubs. Holding that against him is saying we suck Clemson isn’t allowed 1 close game?

A+M never had a shot to win that one they just put some late TDs in when the game was decided and they were close to getting blown out at home.

No, it’s saying they did what they were supposed to do and we did way more than we were supposed to do.

What was the line on our game? What would it have been before the season?

Dino did the best job and is the best damn coach in this damn league!

Dabo’s only got the crown on his head so Dino can smack it off! LGO!!!

I know this just saying his teams play in the playoffs (they also played ND better than us) justified Dabo winning it. Switching QBs mid season was proven correct. Dino is amazing but Swinney coached flawlessly. (Unless you think we suck and winning a close game at home vs us should be held against him.)
NOT switching QBs mid-season was also proven correct. And as has been said, one coach far exceeded expectations. One coach met expectations. Who do you recognize?

NOT switching QBs mid-season was also proven correct. And as has been said, one coach far exceeded expectations. One coach met expectations. Who do you recognize?

Sorry but I can’t think of a coach who won a championship and made more flawless decisions along the way than Swinney last year. We look petty thinking we deserve extra praise since people thought we were gonna suck. I didn’t I thought we’d be 9 or 10 win good if Eric played the entire season. Effortlessly handling ND and Bama and not losing one game is impressive not simply ‘meeting expectations’.

You guys need to let this go. I agree that Dino should have been COY but the conference wasn't going to not give it to a 12-0 team regardless of how "loaded" or whatever Clemson was.

Sorry but I can’t think of a coach who won a championship and made more flawless decisions along the way than Swinney last year. We look petty thinking we deserve extra praise since people thought we were gonna suck. I didn’t I thought we’d be 9 or 10 win good if Eric played the entire season. Effortlessly handling ND and Bama and not losing one game is impressive not simply ‘meeting expectations’.
Can you think of any other NCAA FBS football coaches who won a championship last year?

Dabo already won the award. Would have been good for the conference to recognize another HC building a program the right way.

Dabo certainly deserved it this year. He’s a hell of a coach. But Dino did too.

Can you think of any other NCAA FBS football coaches who won a championship last year?

Not sure why credit can’t be given where it’s due. Or we are adamant our guy gets a participation trophy.

He benched his starter and ended up with a guy who was lights out on the biggest stage against the best team.

He adjusted and made the right calls to escape against a very good Syracuse team who beat him the year before and was winning late. That was their only close call and game they were threatened in.

2 playoff blowouts of possibly the 2 other best teams.

No shame in losing to someone who has a year like that. We didn’t represent the league well in the Bronx.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom