I almost feel bad in advance for Maryland | Syracusefan.com

I almost feel bad in advance for Maryland

Not having read most of the board yet, the bad loss to BC is still what stings here. Losing a competitive game on the road, in one of the toughest environments to a top 10 team is not the worst thing. Especially considering the bad call at the end that ruined what was a great game.

If it weren't two losses in a row I would have little issue here.

They proved they can play with anyone, anywhere at any time. 6 wins on neutral courts in March / April is very achievable for this group.

I still do not think they are playing their best ball either. I think Rak is already an elite defensive college center and his offense continues to improve.

I also see parallels between Hakim Warrick as a soph and Grant. Once Hak started knocking down mid range jumpers with just enough consistency to have to be guarded, he was a match-up nightmare.

Grant can also be that player come tourney time.

If so, along with a healthy BMK, this front line could be unstoppable (barring crappy officiating).

Things are actually very good, this team is rounding out a very solid 7 man rotation. They will be a tough out come March.

The MD game is huge. We either leave there with an L, 3 game losing streak with all sorts of questions about schedule, refs, and outlook going forward, or the team says enough of losing BS, and go into the UVA game with rest, and momentum.

I'm more confident in the latter after last night, but there are a lot external factors working against us.

The MD game is huge. We either leave there with an L, 3 game losing streak with all sorts of questions about schedule, refs, and outlook going forward, or the team says enough of losing BS, and go into the UVA game with rest, and momentum.

I'm more confident in the latter after last night, but there are a lot external factors working against us.
I can think of a number of factors working against the Terps and they all wear orange.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom