I am actually encouraged for the post season | Syracusefan.com

I am actually encouraged for the post season

Capt. Tuttle

Living Legend
Louisville, Duke, UNC. Played hard. Played well. Total hose job by refs at UNC, and some made FTs for us and unlucky bounces against, and we are there all the way to the end, against a likely Elite 8 or better team. Same with Duke.
Take care of Clemson and Wake, get one in the ACCT, and Sweet 16 is highly doable.

wake will be a rock fight. theyll slow it down, howard will pound the ball for 30 secs every possession, we'll start off 1-8 from 3, and it will be 26-24 at half.

wake will be a rock fight. theyll slow it down, howard will pound the ball for 30 secs every possession, we'll start off 1-8 from 3, and it will be 26-24 at half.
Don't forget Childress channeling his dad and going nuts

I'm glad we are playing competitive ball, but it's a damn shame we couldn't have notched a W in either of these games. In the end it's a loss, just like all the others. Not sure how much of a predictor these types of performances are going forward. To me winning always helps with team chemistry, etc., notching moral victories not so much. SMH that we could easily have been 3-0 in this stretch, but why make things easy right?

Last edited:
Well always be dangerous in the tourney. HOF coach, a defense that can confuse the hell out of people, Battle, capable shooters, etc

If we’re hitting shots we can make a long run in March

But we HAVE to beat Wake

As long as they don't foul us.

Anyone else feel like this team could enjoy a surprising ACC tournament run so long as we avoid Tech and FSU?

I just want to have a good reg season for once smh

What is your definition of once.

In our ACC years we've had:

28 wins
18 wins (probation, 2 early entries)
23 wins
19 wins
23 wins

Sitting on 18 wins now. Should hit 20-22 before tournament time.

I think Wake is going to be a problem - 9 PM start and a late flight for 2 packed days before Friday flight and noon start. We don't play well against teams we should beat for whatever reason. Pace will be pain drying and I don't trust our team to out work an inferior opponent.

I still think we are in at 9-9 and still for some reason think we beat Virginia.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if our defense looks better and offense looks smoother, OOC, in the tourney.

These regular seasons are getting old, but if we get in, I would almost expect them to win a couple games and possibly go on a run.

I'm not that encouraged. We've all grown accustomed to the offensive issues but to me the defense is not where it needs to be. If we don't tighten up on the defensive end then we won't go far in either postseason tourney.

Our defense against UNC was actually pretty decent.
Their shooting %'s were lower than normal, and Maye and Little both were mostly held in check.
White was White Hot en fuego, and sometimes that just happens, regardless of how well you do or don't play D.

We could have survived that, except...

They got to the line a LOT, and they made almost all of them.
We got there half as much, and only hit half of the freebies.
THAT was the game.

Oh, and rebounding - we pull down even just a few more, and it's a totally different story last night.

My concern with the post season is being an 8/9 seed. I thought the UNC game was our best chance to get to a 7. Maybe a UVA win and a semifinal run could get it done.

I’d rather be a 10 than an 8/9.

We played very well, I had a feeling we would even though UNC has had our number. Frustrating that issues like FT shooting and defensive rebounding continue to cost us, we’d have at least 3 more wins if we were better in those areas IMO.

What is your definition of once.

In our ACC years we've had:

28 wins
18 wins (probation, 2 early entries)
23 wins
19 wins
23 wins

Sitting on 18 wins now. Should hit 20-22 before tournament time.
By Syracuse standards, I see one good regular season listed here. "Good" should mean top 4 ACC and/or top 4 NCAA seed, IMO. That should be our standard as a top 10 national program.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom