I am frustrated with Coach Boeheim but what is with this venom towards him | Syracusefan.com

I am frustrated with Coach Boeheim but what is with this venom towards him

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUMJF

Walk On
Has he broken the fanbase this much that he is taking all this frustration.

We all know it was going to be a long season but he should just announce his retirement so he can get the love back.

Has he broken the fanbase this much that he is taking all this frustration.

We all know it was going to be a long season but he should just announce his retirement so he can get the love back.
Agreed. But he seems to be in no rush to do so and has been given ample opportunity. Something has to give.

He has been given the opportunity to leave gracefully. He refused and has held the program hostage bringing the program back to pre Boeheim playing days. It will only get uglier.
I’m actually looking at the bright side of this whole debacle. I don’t think the next coach will have the pressure of following a legend and expectations to keep the program at an elite level. We’re already a train wreck program that needs a full rebuild, and JB has almost fully destroyed his legacy with the fan base.

My whole thing is where is the evolution. You have stunk for years and years during regular season. Every coach evolves. Every coach learns. Every coach listens to assistants. Our coach refuses to do any because he thinks he knows everything. That’s the issue I have

He essentially guaranteed an NCAAT bid.
I agree he said we would make the NCAAT. But the season is not over yet and we ARE getting better each game. We had 3 key big men out today with an injuries and sickness. That is not the coaches fault. Our freshmen are getting better. Bone headed play by Mintz was costly. The real failures on this team today was by two seniors - Girard and Torrence. We are now aware that Taylor can play. Bell started to play better plus he may be the answer in the middle on offense at the foul line. They were playing all junior and senior level transfers today. Syracuse is going to continue to get better.
LGO

Sorry but he is singularly accountable for the program’s results, which have deteriorated beyond recognition. This is not a blip but a ten year trend.

If we are serious about being a national power this cannot be accepted- something has to change, which starts with the head coach since nothing else seems to be under consideration. The results are not acceptable.

Let's see well he is holding his program hostage because of his humongous ego and the fact that he just does not want to leave even though he is destroying the program that he built up over 40 years, a hall of famer, 2nd in all-time wins and he wants to tarnish all of that just because he does not want to leave whether it is the Limelight, lifestyle, I have no idea but I know that he's being selfish as hell and stupid too imo
Like i said previously that he's just destroying what he built and I'll say it again, coaching is a perishable skill you can't coach until your 99 years old and it's pretty obvious at this point that he is not the same guy, plus unwilling to adapt in any way shape or form so he needs to go.

Last edited:
Well, since you asked, not that I posted venom, in no particular order:

Off and on but regularly, over the years, he has behaved very poorly as the face of the SU basketball program
He was coach during two probations
He reneged on the agreement that he would retire in 2018
Last season
He has repeatedly lied about retiring and a retirement plan
His behavior to local media, especially student reporters
His treatment of certain players over the years
He has become a loser

Of course, there are many good aspects of JB but you didn't ask about them.

I agree he said we would make the NCAAT. But the season is not over yet and we ARE getting better each game. We had 3 key big men out today with an injuries and sickness. That is not the coaches fault. Our freshmen are getting better. Bone headed play by Mintz was costly. The real failures on this team today was by two seniors - Girard and Torrence. We are now aware that Taylor can play. Bell started to play better plus he may be the answer in the middle on offense at the foul line. They were playing all junior and senior level transfers today. Syracuse is going to continue to get better.
LGO
Getting better each game? WTH are you watching?

I mean I understand who he is and what he has done here but that doesn't give anybody the right to do what is what he is doing. this is why we have athletic directors, chancellors, and whatnot because they're supposed to do their job whether he is a legend around here, your friend business and he's costing us a s$$$load of money right now with all those empty seats already and it's going to get worse.

Soon we are going to be outnumbered by the woman's team and that is deserving because I like what she is doing. that's exactly what we need we need, a young charismatic guy to come in here and reinvigorate this program!

Last edited:
We are not allowed to say anything disparaging about His Highness.

This is not a board for discussion.

Don’t even ask about why others are upset with this mail in job hes done to get himself 1000 wins again.

It is not always what you are watching rather what you are seeing! We can agree to disagree. I see growth in the young players and two seniors doing absolutely nothing to help us win.
Individual skills in a game like basketball almost don’t matter if they aren’t elite skills and you’re not playing as a team or preparing like a team.

You take a look at these guys one by one, same as last year, and they’re pretty good players, you put them together and it doesn’t work. We don’t run plays, we rely on individual talents whether it be Joe shooting lights out or Jesse dominating inside, if both those things don’t happen we lose. This isn’t a team and either was last year.

I mean we did make the 2nd weekend 5 out of 10 seasons and that isn't exactly ancient history.

He probably should have left with his kids and more over he probably should have only coached 1 kid and had a good team last year but when you look back it will just be 1 year too long. Big deal we can have an instant rebuild with the portal and right coach.

Individual skills in a game like basketball almost don’t matter if they aren’t elite skills and you’re not playing as a team or preparing like a team.

You take a look at these guys one by one, same as last year, and they’re pretty good players, you put them together and it doesn’t work. We don’t run plays, we rely on individual talents whether it be Joe shooting lights out or Jesse dominating inside, if both those things don’t happen we lose. This isn’t a team and either was last year.
This post really nails it. There is no teamwork on offense or defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom