I am really peeved now | Syracusefan.com

I am really peeved now

DonLightfoot

All Conference
I just found out that Dish Network has cancelled MASN which apparently happened in March. Obviously a dispute which happens between providers and networks. This was one of the "RSN" stations for SU sports. This came to light as the football game tomorrow is only carried on RSN's.

I am not too worried about football to be honest, but I will now lose a lot of hoops games because of this :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:. If the games are not carried on ESPN or ACCN then I will be out of luck. ESPN+ and ACCN extra (I think that is what it is called) are not available here in Canada. Several of the other regional channels would show our games in the guide, but I would be blacked out on all of them except MASN.

For years and years I struggled to find decent streaming sites for our games and it became a complete nightmare (unable to delete ads, buffering problems, crap downloaded on my computer, etc.). Since the launch of ACCN I think there have only been a few games I could not watch thanks to ESPN, ACCN and MASN. Now I could be back to where I was a few years ago where it was necessary to follow some of the games on WAER on-line radio.

Don't be surprised if you see me asking for "decent" streaming sites on game days.

I just found out that Dish Network has cancelled MASN which apparently happened in March. Obviously a dispute which happens between providers and networks. This was one of the "RSN" stations for SU sports. This came to light as the football game tomorrow is only carried on RSN's.

I am not too worried about football to be honest, but I will now lose a lot of hoops games because of this :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:. If the games are not carried on ESPN or ACCN then I will be out of luck. ESPN+ and ACCN extra (I think that is what it is called) are not available here in Canada. Several of the other regional channels would show our games in the guide, but I would be blacked out on all of them except MASN.

For years and years I struggled to find decent streaming sites for our games and it became a complete nightmare (unable to delete ads, buffering problems, crap downloaded on my computer, etc.). Since the launch of ACCN I think there have only been a few games I could not watch thanks to ESPN, ACCN and MASN. Now I could be back to where I was a few years ago where it was necessary to follow some of the games on WAER on-line radio.

Don't be surprised if you see me asking for "decent" streaming sites on game days.
StreamEast

StreamEast
I briefly checked out that site and there may be some possibilities there. My anti-virus software gave a warning for that site so perhaps I shall try it with an old computer. Thanks.

All the streaming sites I've found have tried to hijack the browser and send me to gambling sites. When I've tried to watch via the ACC Network it seems the game isn't being broadcast.

I briefly checked out that site and there may be some possibilities there. My anti-virus software gave a warning for that site so perhaps I shall try it with an old computer. Thanks.
I‘ve been using it for two years. It throws up one ad page browser tab each time you select a game, but just close it. And if you get an overlay to install something, the close button is on the top left of the page. Pretty simple. No viruses for me, but I run it on a Mac or on a smart tv, not a PC.

All the streaming sites I've found have tried to hijack the browser and send me to gambling sites. When I've tried to watch via the ACC Network it seems the game isn't being broadcast.
Yeah, StreamEast gives gambling ad pages, but I seriously just close them so fast I don’t even know what company they’re for. On a Mac and/or smart tv, I’ve had no virus issues. It’s a pretty easy site to use and they have just about every game, MLB, NBA, NCAA, NHL, and more. I use it to watch Multiple NFL football games at a time, and between it and MLB66.ir, I probably watched 140 RedSox games this year.

Yeah, StreamEast gives gambling ad pages, but I seriously just close them so fast I don’t even know what company they’re for. On a Mac and/or smart tv, I’ve had no virus issues. It’s a pretty easy site to use and they have just about every game, MLB, NBA, NCAA, NHL, and more. I use it to watch Multiple NFL football games at a time, and between it and MLB66.ir, I probably watched 140 RedSox games this year.

1635037279292.png

Basketball only’s are the scourge of modern society.
Don't get me wrong, I watch every SU football game I can if it is televised. However, it is hard to get overly excited considering the results of late. Of course, yesterday's game I could not get :( , but I followed the action on the game thread.

I ran into the same situation and the only site in Fla that listed the game was blacked out. So I did the next best thing. I called Direct TV and they will be here Tuesday to Install the hookup in my house and than I will cancel Dish and get all the Channels they don't furnish me. As the saying goes...Don't Screw with my Sports !!!!

No problem with primarily’s. A lot of folks love one child a little more than the other. The key is to love BOTH children at least a little.:cool:
Phew.

Your last sentence saved me.

I tell my 4 kids I love 3 of them very much, because that’s all the room I have; but they need to behave, because the 3 are always changing. :)
Hahaha. That is fantastic!!

Your complaint sounds like a dream come true for us Comcast subscribers. ACCN has set me back to 1998 levels of access to televised games.

On this topic, I would really appreciate input on the best way to watch the majority of the SU basketball games. I live in Maryland and subscribe to YouTube TV which carries the ACC network but I would gladly subscribe to a channel where I could watch non-conference and low radar conference games if I could. Just want to watch the Orange every game!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom