I am scared | Syracusefan.com

I am scared

Elite357

Walk On
With looking at the last two weeks of Syracuse athletics :
Football is a disaster and with a basketball team that was supposed to break all of our offensive records and now can’t even beat 1aa teams. Lacrosse has not been the best for the last few years…

I get the fact I got to go to school winning a NC and then still see some 9 won seasons in FB, so yeah, call me spoiled, but this is ugly.

I do not know why we are so weak at every thing these days. And I don’t know what is holding the school back, and what is keeping improvement away. Does anyone have a clue how to improve this, or anyone have any knowledge on why people are okay with this?

This sports disaster is troubling. I get sports don’t make an institution, but then we dropped how many academic rankings since 2003? So then what does ?

I’m sorry to be so negative , I just don’t know what’s going on.

Fluoridated water.

The Commies fluoridated all our drinking water and stole our essence.

I'm not scared, it's just sports. I have lived and died with SU sports for 43 years. I am disheartened with the state of the athletics teams. But, at the end of the day, it's entertainment-a diversion. Worst case scenario, I save money and free up several hours a week if the teams are just completely uncompetitive. I would hate not having SU sports to look forward to, but at some point, it stops being fun. And, if it isn't fun, what's the point.

Football is a disaster and with a basketball team that was supposed to break all of our offensive records and now can’t even beat 1aa teams. Lacrosse has not been the best for the last few years…

I get the fact I got to go to school winning a NC and then still see some 9 won seasons in FB, so yeah, call me spoiled, but this is ugly.

I do not know why we are so weak at every thing these days. And I don’t know what is holding the school back, and what is keeping improvement away. Does anyone have a clue how to improve this, or anyone have any knowledge on why people are okay with this?

This sports disaster is troubling. I get sports don’t make an institution, but then we dropped how many academic rankings since 2003? So then what does ?

We are in bad shape in football mainly because Dino has done an awful job coaching and in basketball Jimmy is quite old and needs to retire , more than likely they will both be gone in 2 years hopefully we hire 2 quality coaches to replace them, until then both programs will take their lumps. As far as lacrosse goes I think we will see a positive upside with Gary Gate at the helm.

Wait...you're just scared now?

Annnnnnd... queue the "deep tourney run" crowd whose football knowledge is that Dino had a 10 win season.

And btw...I don't think you have anything to apologize for. One of the things that has changed over time is the "regular season doesn't matter, it only matters how far you make it in the tournament". Personally, I don't care for that perspective and would like to see be great throughout the season AND in the tournament.

[EDIT] For whatever reason, I actually don't think this team is done.

44cuse

You know, this is a good point. I try to watch the games with my kids , but they ask why do they always have to watch loosing
My son will walk in and say "looks like Syracuse is losing. Is Syracuse bad at sports?" Yes son... They are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom