I am sure I will get killed for this | Syracusefan.com

I am sure I will get killed for this

JeremyCuse

Renowned lacrosse analyst
But at what point do we start asking some tough questions about the HC. Its year 5 and we look like its year 1 out there save for the defense..

Clearly 2018 was outstanding but its looking more and more like an outlier. Were in year 5 still making the same mistakes over and over and over.

Zero discipline, same pre snap and dumb penalties and clock management that would make Coach P and Deleone blush. Coordinators changed but offense is just as bad and we still have no idea how to run an offense in the red zone or manage the clock. QB is barren besides Devito and despite a pass heavy offense its been beyond a struggle to get a 4 star QB or WR to come on board.

Not calling for Babers to be let go that's crazy but its a real bad sign in my mind that were seeing the same issues yet again.

After all that you laid out, all of those problems, why would you then say you don't think its time for Dino to go? I think if it isn't time for him to go its getting REAL close. He has had half a decade here and not much has changed save for the 10 win outlier season...

The minute he has loss #7 this year should put him on the hot seat. The minute he has loss #7 next year, we should start looking for a replace. Otherwise I hope he is here for many years to come.

Won’t kill you for this but we’ll know more about this team after Pitt.

too much working against us in 2020 to make a judgement off of 1 bad game. Though I echo your worries.

I am appalled by our run strategy with the tools we have at our disposal.

After all that you laid out, all of those problems, why would you then say you don't think its time for Dino to go? I think if it isn't time for him to go its getting REAL close. He has had half a decade here and not much has changed save for the 10 win outlier season...

With his contract and COVID there is no way SU could move on even if they wanted to. I think hes in major trouble next year if there is no bowl game though.

IMO I think Dino has developed players very well since he become HC but he hasn't recruited well, which is why SU isn't the position that UNC is.

If a guy like Dino can't recruit players to SU, then who else can?

Eventually mediocre recruiting won't be an excuse but I'm willing to give Dino a leash.

It’s all blind “hope” at this point, because the players he’s bringing in on offense are pretty similar to the players he’s been bringing in on offense.

Someone once told me “hope isn’t a strategy”.

I’m not saying we should fire him after a pandemic year, but I also don’t expect us to be any better next year. I’m just “hoping” we will.

Won’t kill you for this but we’ll know more about this team after Pitt.

too much working against us in 2020 to make a judgement off of 1 bad game. Though I echo your worries.

I am appalled by our run strategy with the tools we have at our disposal.
What more will we know? They haven't won at Pitt in 19 years lol. The defense will likely compete... tho we will see how the 3-3-5 does against run heavy offenses.

On the other side of the ball I think they don't score a TD again. As long is DeVito is under center this team has no chance. Mentally he is not there and doesn't have the ability to make plays when the pocket collapses.

IMO I think Dino has developed players very well since he become HC but he hasn't recruited well, which is why SU isn't the position that UNC is.

If a guy like Dino can't recruit players to SU, then who else can?

Eventually mediocre recruiting won't be an excuse but I'm willing to give Dino a leash.
He’s an offensive coach. Why is it our d is recruiting increasingly well, but we can’t get guys on O? Our O recruits are pretty good, but we’ve not seen the needle move to “improving” on that end

Who the hell would replace him? Who even wants this job??? It’s a punching bag program for the ACC elites, the program hasn’t recruited at a top 25 level in over 20 years and the fan base is poor. (Not to mention a 70 something year old basketball coach still calls the shots for the entire athletics program.)

this program has had three coaches in the last 10 years, 4 in the last 12. Before that 4 in 50+

you know the sign of a bad program, chasing results by firing coaches.

same stupidity that dumped on P and poisoned that well and were screaming to get rid of marrone

What more will we know? They haven't won at Pitt in 19 years lol. The defense will likely compete... tho we will see how the 3-3-5 does against run heavy offenses.

On the other side of the ball I think they don't score a TD again. As long is DeVito is under center this team has no chance. Mentally he is not there and doesn't have the ability to make plays when the pocket collapses.
Pitts a middle of the pack ACC team where as UNC theoretically may challenge Clemson (if anyone can outside ND). Yes we suck at Pitt, historically, but a crowdless game in late september’s the best we could ask for.

Dino was brought here to fix the offense. We just played another blowout game where we didn't score a TD, the defense quit after 3 quarters of realizing the offense couldn't get it done. I started to bring this stuff up last year and was practically run off the board. Anyone who would kill you for this post if living a delusion at this point.

He’s an offensive coach. Why is it our d is recruiting increasingly well, but we can’t get guys on O? Our O recruits are pretty good, but we’ve not seen the needle move to “improving” on that end

IMO we've recruited a good QB in DeVito and at RB, but we've struggled at recruiting at the O-line and also the WR position. We've addressed those spots easily in this upcoming class but yeah unfortunately there's no immediate help.

A lot of this is on Dino. I don't get how we can't recruit D1 skill players.

But lets be honest. When you watched the Wake Forest win did you think we would be without Howard/Adams/Trish?

Of course 2 of them were transfers.

Everyone knew of issues with the guys behind those 3. And could have told you that Taj and Jahwar would be nice secondary options but are no suited to being 'the guy' at RB/WR.

this program has had three coaches in the last 10 years, 4 in the last 12. Before that 4 in 50+

same stupidity that dumped on P and poisoned that well and were screaming to get rid of marrone
Another sign of a bad program is an inablility to score TDs against conference opponents.

But at what point do we start asking some tough questions about the HC. Its year 5 and we look like its year 1 out there save for the defense..

Clearly 2018 was outstanding but its looking more and more like an outlier. Were in year 5 still making the same mistakes over and over and over.

Zero discipline, same pre snap and dumb penalties and clock management that would make Coach P and Deleone blush. Coordinators changed but offense is just as bad and we still have no idea how to run an offense in the red zone or manage the clock. QB is barren besides Devito and despite a pass heavy offense its been beyond a struggle to get a 4 star QB or WR to come on board.

Not calling for Babers to be let go that's crazy but its a real bad sign in my mind that were seeing the same issues yet again.
I can give you warnings but I can't kill you. ;)

He made two major changes in coordinators. I'd say he knows that there are problems and is trying to correct them.

The guy has won, and has competed in losses at places like LSU. This is a tough, tough job with no natural recruiting base.

Who the hell would replace him? Who even wants this job??? It’s a punching bag program for the ACC elites, the program hasn’t recruited at a top 25 level in over 20 years and the fan base is poor. (Not to mention a 70 something year old basketball coach still calls the shots for the entire athletics program.)

We don't need to be competing for ACC titles. Getting to Bowls is good enough. Why can't we be Wake or BC with the right HC? Is that asking too much?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom