I believe Boeheim will speak to fans before game | Syracusefan.com

I believe Boeheim will speak to fans before game

Caboose

Scout Team
I believe that before the game starts tomorrow night, coach will use the Dome PA microphone to speak to the fans and offer his condolences to Wednesday night's victim. Just a gut feeling. I just think it would be a great way to help him heal and hopefully help everyone get their minds off the situation, somewhat, at least for two hours.

That would be hard to imagine. The real spot is going to be the post game press conference. I would not at all be surprised to see Red handle that, but JB doesn't usually back away from things. Through all the difficult times and scandals, I only remember once that he sent Hop to the postgame PC. Again, as for the game, I expect he will be doing everything he can to be steady for the players and treat it like any other game.

That would be hard to imagine. The real spot is going to be the post game press conference. I would not at all be surprised to see Red handle that, but JB doesn't usually back away from things. Through all the difficult times and scandals, I only remember once that he sent Hop to the postgame PC. Again, as for the game, I expect he will be doing everything he can to be steady for the players and treat it like any other game.

JB makes a statement, then lets Red handle the game presser.

That’s not him at all. He will speak on it when he is ready.

I don't see what's wrong with my statement.
Many on here are trying to come up with things to happen at the game.
I'll be surprised if Boeheim does or says anything else on the matter.
It might be possible some on this board are dealing with this worse than Boeheim.

Quite possibly one of the most tone deaf and awful things I've read on this board.

I believe that before the game starts tomorrow night, coach will use the Dome PA microphone to speak to the fans and offer his condolences to Wednesday night's victim. Just a gut feeling. I just think it would be a great way to help him heal and hopefully help everyone get their minds off the situation, somewhat, at least for two hours.

Moment of silence? yes. Dome PA, no

Quite possibly one of the most tone deaf and awful things I've read on this board.

No, it's not. People need to take a step back.
Just go to the game or watch the game and cheer. We don't need to organize a color theme at the dome, Boeheim doesn't need to make a statement.

MAYBE there will be a moment of silence. I'm 50/50 on that.

I agree, there will almost certainly be a moment of silence and then we as fans move on. But that tragedy will haunt Boeheim and Jimenez family forever.

This is a personal matter for him and the other family. This does not need to be aired out to the dome crowd, nor should it. That would be ridiculousness. Statements were already issued and despite the fact that Boeheim did nothing wrong, civil suits are brought up all the time. He needs to say nothing further on this matter to the public.

If it was kept short and sweet, I think this could be very nice.

Something like... "Mr. Jimenez's family is now forever part of ours, and of Orange Nations. We will forever be connected by the tragic circumstances of Wednesday night. Can everyone please some together and give his family a round of applause to show our support as a community for them during this tragic time. We will get through this together, and the rest of our season is dedicated to Jorge's memory."

If it was kept short and sweet, I think this could be very nice.

Something like... "Mr. Jimenez's family is now forever part of ours, and of Orange Nations. We will forever be connected by the tragic circumstances of Wednesday night. Can everyone please some together and give his family a round of applause to show our support as a community for them during this tragic time. We will get through this together, and the rest of our season is dedicated to Jorge's memory."

While I disagree that anything need be said at all, I'd probably substitute that round of applause for moment of silence.

unless i am misreading him, i think he's saying that a lot of posters are making bad posts while apparently jb is handling it about as well as one could hope

Thanks moqui. Let me take the opportunity to elaborate I suppose.

I feel a lot of posters are projecting their own feelings onto JB. And assuming that must be what he's feeling.
People deal with things in a different way. So let him deal with it.

I saw a number of posts suggesting JB shouldn't or wouldn't coach the game, is that because they personally wouldn't coach? When in the last few hours it's been confirmed he will coach.

Don't make this about you.

I interpreted it as he would have Jorge's family out there with him and they would be ones on the receiving end of the applause.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom