I believe the running game will be better thjis seasobn than last | Syracusefan.com

I believe the running game will be better thjis seasobn than last

CaliCuse

All American
I look for Jerome to explodethis year .Better speed and snother threat im George Morris next to him will give us some big plays. As longas the O-line does its job well the offensewill be just fine. Ou passing game won;t suffer as much as much as some think with the loss of Nassib. Hunt and Allen will do a good job for us.Femming andWest wll be effective as WRs.I'm going to presume hat our STs will do their jobs well enough when called upon with fgs and returns.:cool:BTW Anyone know how to edit the subject line? I saw the typo but have no access to correct it.:(

It's all about the patched-up O-line and the passing game. We have the runners we need. Last year they had the best O-line we've had in a generation and the best passing game we've ever had to open up the defense. If we go down a notch or two in each unit, the runners will have a harder time.

I look for Jerome to explodethis year .Better speed and snother threat im George Morris next to him will give us some big plays. As longas the O-line does its job well the offensewill be just fine. Ou passing game won;t suffer as much as much as some think with the loss of Nassib. Hunt and Allen will do a good job for us.Femming andWest wll be effective as WRs.I'm going to presume hat our STs will do their jobs well enough when called upon with fgs and returns.:cool:BTW Anyone know how to edit the subject line? I saw the typo but have no access to correct it.:(

You are only worried about editing the subject line? No worries, Cali.

As for the running game, way too premature to assume anything. I do agree with SWC's point above. The ground game will suffer if the passing game falls off. More than that, it is widely known that the RBs will be the strength of the team and that we will have a 1st year starter at QB. Teams are going to stack the box and take the running game away.

Anyone know PTG's health status? Will he be back full speed in preseason? If not could we redshirt him and slide Morris into his spot?

As to your point about special teams Cali, field goals aren't very hardnosed so we may just go for 6 every time.

The Quarterback(whoever it is) just needs to manage the game. A solid running game with a good defense is enough to do very well at this level. I believe a shotgun set with with two RBS(a combo of Smith, PTG, and GMII) will be very effective, especially if Broyld is lined up somewhere. This offense is not going to get huge passes through the air but you better believe there are about 6 guys who can pick up 3-5 yards every time they touch the ball from behind the LOS. Misdirection will be the name of the game this season, if our line plays half as well as they did this season as they did last year, this offense is going to be very hard to get off the field.

Jerome Smith (NFL ready)
PTG (Should be NFL ready by seasons end if he maintains a level of consistency)

George Morris and Adonis Ameen-Moore?

Holy jesus.

We could easily have two 1,000 yard rushes and over 20 rushing touchdowns this year.

If AAM can become comfortable at fullback there will be a lot of weapons available. Let us see what Broyld can do at half back too.

If AAM can become comfortable at fullback there will be a lot of weapons available. Let us see what Broyld can do at half back too.

I heard AB's ankle was a problem. Anyone have an update? Would it be better to use him as a receiver and let his speed work for him as opposed to hard cuts as a RB? Just asking because I saw it posted somewhere (not even sure if it was this site) and trying consider all options.

I don't think enough concern has been shed on Ivan Foy moving to right tackle. The left side is all good. I suspect we'll see a lot of running plays to the right and blocking help on passing plays on that side throughout the year.

I don't think enough concern has been shed on Ivan Foy moving to right tackle. The left side is all good. I suspect we'll see a lot of running plays to the right and blocking help on passing plays on that side throughout the year.
Yeah, the line us kind of an unknown quantity.

And QB.

And wideout.

RB and TE look good though.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I heard AB's ankle was a problem. Anyone have an update? Would it be better to use him as a receiver and let his speed work for him as opposed to hard cuts as a RB? Just asking because I saw it posted somewhere (not even sure if it was this site) and trying consider all options.

With Thompson moving to defense, isn't it time to try AB at tight end?

AB was listed at H back on the most recent depth chart...

AB was listed at H back on the most recent depth chart...

Thanks, Tom. From your observations, and from anyone else who saw them practice this spring or may have access to the coaches, do you think he might be moved around just to get him on the field?