I can’t believe we lost again. We are terrible. 0-18 here we come. | Syracusefan.com

I can’t believe we lost again. We are terrible. 0-18 here we come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cusefan0307

Red recruits the ACC!
I’m not sure why we played today. We are terrible. We are just a bunch of in athletic white boys who are lazy on defense.

0-18 in the ACC here we come just like 2017.

Sorry, but the board last night and this morning was absolutely pathetic. I’m not saying we are anything great, but the trash posted here last night and this morning on this board and social media was absolutely MORONIC by our fans and I will fight anyone who disagrees Including some popular bloggers.

If you said the season was over after yesterday do everyone a favor and don’t show up like you said you wouldn’t.

Have some perspective. We will at least be competitive.

I go half and half.

I had some measured posts after the game, but I also find myself reveling in defeat with some zeal at times. I suppose as a means of coping with the frustration.

Not really sure what we are right now to be honest.

I’m not sure why we played today. We are terrible. We are just a bunch of in athletic white boys who are lazy on defense.

Sorry, but the board last night and this morning was absolutely pathetic. I’m not saying we are anything great, but the trash posted here last night and this morning on this board and social media was absolutely MORONIC by our fans and I will fight anyone who disagrees Including some popular bloggers.

If you said the season was over after yesterday do everyone a favor and don’t show up like you said you wouldn’t.

How will you feel tomorrow if we get boat races caused we don’t sub? Just curious

As posted in the game thread.
Only $39.99. High Quality, Cheap Price!
No Orange in Stock.

1637895214809.png

How will you feel tomorrow if we get boat races caused we don’t sub? Just curious
If we lose tomorrow we will still be competitive. People have said the same garbage for 6 years after early season losses. I know its easy for people to remember they had for breakfast this morning though cause Americans do such a great job at looking at things from a long term perspective.

Honestly, Baylor is a great team, and VCU lost to them by 7-8...VCU is better than we think...SU is not nearly as bad as all the doomer gloomers on here. Some of you need some CBT/Zoloft with the negative outlook...It's sad to think you are in such a bad mood because Swider had a bad two game stretch...He's obviously going to need to pick it up...Maybe he had a terrible midterm. He's 21, and we have 40 year plus old men who are clinically depressed over young men 18-23 in Football and basketball. Sad really.

Last edited:
I never said we were anything great. I said we would be competitive. Fans that threw in the towel after 4 games are morons. Fight me.

Don't take that shirt as a shot at you. Not meant to be!

I created it in the game thread and wanted to put it somewhere else afterwards. Had to get more than 1 post out of my 3 minute effort!

If anything that shirts represents this board which sways too strongly back and forth.
You have always stayed pretty measured.

This is exactly as I said. We will have nights where we hit shots and will win and look good. The problems with the team do remain and are foundational. They don’t have the ball handling to deal with pressure nor the athleticism to properly play the zone. They will be beaten many times in ugly fashion as a result. Edwards was absolutely awesome tonight though and that is super cool to see. His improvement from last year is incredible.

This is exactly as I said. We will have nights where we hit shots and will win and look good. The problems with the team do remain and are foundational. They don’t have the ball handling to deal with pressure nor the athleticism to properly play the zone. They will be beaten many times in ugly fashion as a result. Edwards was absolutely awesome tonight though and that is super cool to see. His improvement from last year is incredible.
Yeah, nothing in this game surprised me whatsoever.

happy with the win. Nothing changes with no Ls taken about anything I personally posted yesterday or today.

I specifically said we’ll win or be close in games where Cole plays well.

Cole tends to not play well every game based on his history at Nova, let’s hope he keeps it up and beat Auburn.

long term goals..I see nothing different about this team than I did yesterday based on this game

Yeah, nothing in this game surprised me whatsoever.

happy with the win. Nothing changes with no Ls taken about anything I personally posted yesterday or today.

I specifically said we’ll win or be close in games where Cole plays well.

Cole tends to not play well every game based on his history at Nova, let’s hope he keeps it up and beat Auburn.

long term goals..I see nothing different about this team than I did yesterday based on this game
Hey Nostradamus, did you know yesterday that Jesse Edwards was going to play the 5 as good as it has been in forever?

I mean the defense is still absolutely atrocious and the bench at this point is just a smattering of warm bodies. We'll be competitive and win games as long as we are shooting the ball well, but I'm not overly optimistic on our tournament chances this year.

That’s not what was said though. We had fans throwing in the towel completely. I’m not happy we aren’t contending for conference championships either, but when you make moronic takes saying we won’t be competitive you look stupid.

Jeff Kelly can cry on Twitter all he wants. He’s a moron and his Twitter account is embarrassing.
Jeff Kelly hasn’t gotten over Scott Shafer being fired and because Shafer fed him info tried to starting the rumor the whole team would leave including Dungey if Shafer was fired.

Well he was and the players stayed.

He can cry on twitter i and most of the fanbase ignore him.

The players on this team should be left alone they are good kids. It’s not there fault.
The HC has created the problems. He is a great coach and HOFer. His mouth is a big problem. He can’t ignore the outside noises and he again makes terrible excuses and has no problem taking shots. Well it comes back.

Of course I did...he’s ready now. Last year he wasn’t ready. But now he’s ready.
So you also foresaw getting 20-30 points out of the 5 and how this is going to blow the offense up over the top?

I’m not sure why we played today. We are terrible. We are just a bunch of in athletic white boys 1 who are lazy on defense 2 .

0-18 in the ACC 3 here we come just like 2017.

I will preface this by saying I don't think we have many people as steadfastly positive as me about this squad - I still think we likely win the ACC.

That being said, I did find a couple of things disheartening.

First, at the onset of the game Arizona State was clearly ranked 6 by ESPN. As soon as we broke out to a lead they pulled their ranking. I'm not sure what they were suggesting with that move. :(

Second, I do think a couple of the issues you highlighted will continue to plague us. I'm not quite sure Jesse can stay out of foul trouble against teams that attack him with some size. That'll hurt as we have little margin for error.

Third, it is really difficult at times to tell if we're lazy or bad on defense. I think it's likely a combination of those two things. Perhaps with some fatigue thrown in at times.

Regardless, I think we are positioned exactly where we want to be at this point.

1. True. 2. True. 3. Not true

Yes people have been ready to jump off a cliff with these early losses. But it’s completely justified. If you grew up with SU basketball anytime in the past half century save for these last 6-7 years, we’ve never had such an extended streak of mediocrity before. Sure we’ve had some NIT seasons here and there but we always bounced back. And, yes, people have remained optimistic because we’ve at least made the tourney and went on great post season runs. The frustration has been the regular season mediocrity and losing ground to many programs that were never in our league before—Gonzaga, Alabama, Auburn, Oregon, Va Tech, USC, and on and on. And watching UConn resurge under Hurley and Seton Hall become semi-consistent.

Post JB, I don’t see why we can’t be like Purdue has been the past decade or so since their legendary longtime coach Keady retired. Painter took over and kept things humming and kept them battling for top 25 finishes. His biggest problem has been his lack of NCAA tourney success but that was JB for the first decade of his career.

Last edited:
Yes people have been ready to jump off a cliff with these early losses. But it’s completely justified. If you grew up with SU basketball anytime in the past half century save for these last 6-7 years, we’ve never had such an extended streak of mediocrity before. Sure we’ve had some NIT seasons here and there but we always bounced back. And, yes, people have remained optimistic because we’ve at least made the tourney and went on great post season runs. The frustration has been the regular season mediocrity and losing ground to so many programs that were never in our league before—Alabama, Auburn, Oregon, Va Tech, USC, and on and on. And watching UConn resurge under Hurley and Seton Hall become semi-consistent.

Post JB, I don’t see why we can’t be like Purdue has been the past decade or so since their legendary longtime coach Keady retired. Painter took over and kept things humming and kept them battling for top 25 finishes. His biggest problem has been his lack of NCAA tourney success but that was JB for the first decade of his career.
UConn and Seton Hall have won nothing. They are sht. Our fans act like they are good after 5 games this season. They’ve been WORSE than us for 5 years. Maybe the blind squirrels will find a nut and we will suck this year, but UCONN and Seton Hall are not a healthier program than us just because they’ve been good for 5 games.

Mediocrity does not mean we aren’t competitive. And UConn and Seton Hall being better for 5 games don’t mean sht.

UConn and Seton Hall have won nothing. They are sht. Our fans act like they are good after 5 games this season. They’ve been WORSE than us for 5 years. Maybe the blind squirrels will find a nut and we will suck this year, but UCONN and Seton Hall are not a healthier program than us just because they’ve been good for 5 games.

Mediocrity does not mean we aren’t competitive. And UConn and Seton Hall being better for 5 games don’t mean sht.
Seton Hall Has been a 8,9,10 seed in the past 5 years and would have likely been a 3 /4 seed in 2020. Overall this is better than we have accomplished in those 5 years in the regular season. We would have had 2 misses if 2020 had been played and nothing above an 8 seed.

is it that much different… in the same tier perhaps, so you could say nearly at par when you consider tourney results. But they have not been compared to us.

I know we have had more recent tourney success, but I view the sequence of regular seasons as typically a better indicator of the current program heapth. So can’t only focus on the tourney results.

UConn has not even been at our modest level since their 2014 title. That is correct.

I'm glad we looked better and beat a bad team. I'm not sure the game told us much about whether we're good. I'll be interested to see how we look against a ranked team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom