I can't move on... | Syracusefan.com

I can't move on...

CsonkaStash

Starter
I keep attempting to turn the page to Notre Dame and the season that we still have in front of us but I cannot. It was just such a huge opportunity missed and one that may only come around every 30 - 40 years. We had it right in front of us and a 21-10 lead at half. Syracuse absolutely should have won that game and Shrader said it himself.

I guess I am having difficulty moving on because of what they let slip away. Tucker not touching the ball, the penalties (some very questionable) and coaching blunders all contributed. It leaves us all with a huge "What if". I'm sorry but even if we blow the doors off of Notre Dame, I will always think what could have been.

As someone else said, this was a Program Trajectory Changing game and to have it and then lose it is just so tough to move on from. My wife keeps telling me to let it go...I can't

I keep attempting to turn the page to Notre Dame and the season that we still have in front of us but I cannot. It was just such a huge opportunity missed and one that may only come around every 30 - 40 years.
It would have been great but I care more about getting to a bowl game next year. Consecutive winning seasons. Right now this program needs consistency more than anything.

Last edited:
I keep attempting to turn the page to Notre Dame and the season that we still have in front of us but I cannot. It was just such a huge opportunity missed and one that may only come around every 30 - 40 years. We had it right in front of us and a 21-10 lead at half. Syracuse absolutely should have won that game and Shrader said it himself.

I guess I am having difficulty moving on because of what they let slip away. Tucker not touching the ball, the penalties (some very questionable) and coaching blunders all contributed. It leaves us all with a huge "What if". I'm sorry but even if we blow the doors off of Notre Dame, I will always think what could have been.

As someone else said, this was a Program Trajectory Changing game and to have it and then lose it is just so tough to move on from. My wife keeps telling me to let it go...I can't
Unfortunately I find myself in the same boat, but from watching players instagram stories, the Mob podcast and player interviews, the guys are in great spirits. This is why I also started the 2023 depth chart thread, because it excites me the opportunity we have next year, especially with a good chance at starting 4-0 (just need to handle @ Purdue, who will have a brand new QB next year, and no Charlie Jones or Payne Durham).

I saw a good tweet yesterday, but hopefully that lines up the ACC giving Clemson @ Syracuse the Week 5 matchup for an ACC opener and College Gameday to Syracuse. Both teams should be 4-0 and ranked.

I've moved on.

Nothing about that 2nd half surprised me. I'm old enough to remember the 2018 game at Clemson. And other moments where opportunity presented itself over the years, but it didn't work out for one reason or another.

It's all about managing expectations I guess, but I'm ready for the ND game and beyond.

I've moved on.

Nothing about that 2nd half surprised me. I'm old enough to remember the 2018 game at Clemson. And other moments where opportunity presented itself over the years, but it didn't work out for one reason or another.

It's all about managing expectations I guess, but I'm ready for the ND game and beyond.
This game is a good opportunity to erase a different, oft-overlooked demon from 2018.

I've moved on.

Agreed, when you get shut out in the 2nd half I don't see it as one of the all time games that got away. We were dominated all 2nd half by the Clemson defense. Like you said, wasn't all that surprising. Again, win 2-3 more games coming in and all is good, have a great shot in every game left

do it for Larry! move on he would want you too

I learned how to move on after the 1987 Basketball Championship game. That was far worse than losing a regular season football game on the road to a Top 5 ranked team. I was totally crushed for awhile after that loss. Now? Meh. We are here because we love SU sports but it really is small potatoes compared to other stuff.

They got beaten by a better team. The only reason it was close was the turnovers. Without those it’s a 31-13 type game.

They had a chance to win, that’s it. SU ran 54 plays, Clemson 85. Domination in the second half. Could have, sure, should have won, nope.

I hear you. I feel the same way. You can't fake fandom. Lots of positive things locally sports wise, Phillies, undefeated Eagles. Don't get me wrong, I like those teams, hope they win and move on. But I LOVE SU football and men's bball.
I would trade all the good stuff locally for a Clemson win.

They got beaten by a better team. The only reason it was close was the turnovers. Without those it’s a 31-13 type game.

They had a chance to win, that’s it. SU ran 54 plays, Clemson 85. Domination in the second half. Could have, sure, should have won, nope.
Nope, take out drives ended by the officials for us and extended for them and that play count changes. Syracuse played poorly on offense the second half. I’ll give you that.

I learned how to move on after the 1987 Basketball Championship game. That was far worse than losing a regular season football game on the road to a Top 5 ranked team. I was totally crushed for awhile after that loss. Now? Meh. We are here because we love SU sports but it really is small potatoes compared to other stuff.
Sorry I still go into depression at the name of Ke…. Oh man not again..

I still remember that, I was 11 and had neighbor friends up the street from Indiana that rang our doorbell after the game. My Dad yelled at them and told them leave. He was so mad and was swearing at them. I cried for a while on that one.

I hear you. I feel the same way. You can't fake fandom. Lots of positive things locally sports wise, Phillies, undefeated Eagles. Don't get me wrong, I like those teams, hope they win and move on. But I LOVE SU football and men's bball.
I would trade all the good stuff locally for a Clemson win.
Me too, Giants fan and happy with their 6-1 start but would trade it all for Cuse to have beaten Clemson. When I was younger Cuse football meant so much to me. I played football for Liverpool and we ran all the same formations and plays as Cuse.

I still remember that, I was 11 and had neighbor friends up the street from Indiana that rang our doorbell after the game. My Dad yelled at them and told them leave. He was so mad and was swearing at them. I cried for a while on that one.
Yup I was 11 years old as well. It was the first time I ever cried after a game. I will never forget them showing the players on the bench while Indiana celebrated. It was devastating. Not sure why they made them do that back then.

although if you dont call the PF and PI call that removes about 10 plays from Clemson and if you call the one on Shrader you add 3-5 for us and now is 60-75 and in addition the one turnover led to zero plays for us and a score.. penalities that turn punts into first downs are turnovers in every way but the stats.

and yet the offense needs to do more.. but we had so many penalties that stalled drives we never did anything productive the whole half.

Have you noticed , offensively, we have one bad quarter or half every game offensively for a myriad of reasons
Clemson 2nd half
NC State 2nd Quarter
UVA 3rd Q
Purdue 1st half

Waiting for us to play 4 quarters ( Well ) Hope it’s Saturday!

Have you noticed , offensively, we have one bad quarter or half every game offensively for a myriad of reasons
Clemson 2nd half
NC State 2nd Quarter
UVA 3rd Q
Purdue 1st half

Waiting for us to play 4 quarters ( Well ) Hope it’s Saturday!
The offense is still a work in progress. It’s flashed and been adequate. Much better than last year, but still has room for improvement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom