I can't win | Syracusefan.com

I can't win

DonLightfoot

All Conference
WATCH ESPN is not available where I live, but I do get the ESPN TV games. I miss out on watching a lot of games during a season. A local ABC station in Watertown, NY picks up a few of the ACC Network games which obviously pleases me. They were to broadcast the Florida State game tonight, but because of the rescheduling of the State of the Union they will not be showing it. I am so peeved right now. So I guess it will be back to radio and chat room for me tonight.

Where are you? Is going to the dome a possibility? Would a sports bar have it (in Canada)? Are you close enough to cross over to the US to go to a sports bar that would have it?

Usually good quality and it seems you don't have any other option. Wait until just before the game starts and check.
NCAA Basketball Streams

I'd say 90% of Syracuse games have a good stream on here.
I'll second this. HD links have been accessible for most games this season. As always, 'X' out of popups, and be patient as you may have to close more than one. That said, de minimis effort to capture an HD stream irrespective of your geography and the indefensibly vacuous blackout policies.

I love hanging out at Eugene Melnyk's bar in Barbados. You could watch it there as long as the Sens aren't playing. The place is crawling with Ontarians (?).
images.jpeg

Where are you? Is going to the dome a possibility? Would a sports bar have it (in Canada)? Are you close enough to cross over to the US to go to a sports bar that would have it?
I don't drive at night which presents a problem. Have done this several times in the past for noon games. Thanks.

Usually good quality and it seems you don't have any other option. Wait until just before the game starts and check.
NCAA Basketball Streams

I'd say 90% of Syracuse games have a good stream on here.
Have tried that site several times, but unfortunately most of the time it will not come through for some reason. However, I have been able to get a couple of games on there. Weird - sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Will try again tonight. Thanks.

I don't drive at night which presents a problem. Have done this several times in the past for noon games. Thanks.

If there is a local place that would have it you could get an Uber or cab?

It still blows me away that in 2019 we can't get every game though. This should not be hard. You should be able to watch every single sporting event with a camera present from your house. Sorry you're having this hassle.

find a friend who uses dish and pay them $5 a month to get an extra Rcvr.

build that wall

Only after the southern wall has finished. Then the northern wall will be considered.

Nah. I don't think Trump minds the white people in the north.

I suscribe to Sling TV during football and bball seasons DonLightfoot, a bit of a pain to setup but worth it, I get all the WatchESPN with the use of a VPN.

Have tried that site several times, but unfortunately most of the time it will not come through for some reason. However, I have been able to get a couple of games on there. Weird - sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Will try again tonight. Thanks.

couple that site with a free vpn (hola if you use chrome)
phase2
profit

WATCH ESPN is not available where I live, but I do get the ESPN TV games. I miss out on watching a lot of games during a season. A local ABC station in Watertown, NY picks up a few of the ACC Network games which obviously pleases me. They were to broadcast the Florida State game tonight, but because of the rescheduling of the State of the Union they will not be showing it. I am so peeved right now. So I guess it will be back to radio and chat room for me tonight.

Are you able to get channel 50 over the air via antenna? I think they may broadcast the game on channel 50.2 that’s their CW feed. The SOTU should be broadcast on 50.1.

Seriously, bro—every game:
bosscast.net

You just have to deal with closing the ads/popups, but after the stream starts, it's generally good and worry-free for the duration.

[I forgot to mention that some of the popup windows/ads might be ADULT in nature. Prolly don't want kids around when you're tuning in, but once you've got the stream going in the window, it's okay.]

There's a 'sequence' for dealing with the obnoxious popups and spam downloads:
1 Find your game.
2. Click your game. Likely, an ad will pop up into a new browser tab. Immediately close it.
3. Click your game again. You'll probably get another ad tab. Close it. Don't even look at them.
4. And again... until you don't get a new tab, but instead get a drop down CHANNEL(s) option.
5. Click the leftmost "Channel XX" for a basic stream. You can try for an HD, but i generally don't bother.
6. When you get the Channel link, that opens into a new tab. This is where the small ads come into play.
7. Click the X at the far left of the central window area, to close that ad. You'll get a new tab/ad—close it immediately. Click that same left X again until you actually close that ad. If there are others, begin with the bottom middle, then go up.

That's it. Seems like a kludge, but it really takes like 30 seconds or less.

Works for all NCAA basketball and football games, NBA, NFL, MLB, F1... and more.

If you get any of those "install Adobe Flash" things, don't. If any files download, just delete them. I'm on a Mac, and have never had any problems with any of this. With a PC, i assume the same would be true, but YMMV.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom