I don’t know how to say this... | Syracusefan.com

I don’t know how to say this...

Cooper05

Walk On
I have been a dies hard SU basketball fan my whole life! I’m 43 years old and haven’t known another coach but JB. Love the guy! The only coach I have ever known!

That said, I’m going to admit I think it’s time. I say this for a couple of reasons. Sidibe and Woody were said to be ready to go on Wednesday. Three days later and we wait to put them in until we are down double digits. Did Woody light it up? No, but come on you didn’t put him in until we were down 17. Not good!

im sick of putting Kadary in when we are already down double digits. Start the kid and give him the keys!

a coaching example of how I think JB has lost it, end of 1st half against NC State, under a minute. NC State ball out of bounds, we put the press on and sub Kadary for JGIII, what? Our best defender and you take him out? Of course a and one with a foul on JGIII! Are you kidding me?

the lack of substitutions, lack of time and court awareness as a coach, not cool!

Again, I love JB! Always have and always will, but it’s just time! Just my two cents!

I have been a dies hard SU basketball fan my whole life! I’m 43 years old and haven’t known another coach but JB. Love the guy! The only coach I have ever known!

That said, I’m going to admit I think it’s time. I say this for a couple of reasons. Sidibe and Woody were said to be ready to go on Wednesday. Three days later and we wait to put them in until we are down double digits. Did Woody light it up? No, but come on you didn’t put him in until we were down 17. Not good!

im sick of putting Kadary in when we are already down double digits. Start the kid and give him the keys!

a coaching example of how I think JB has lost it, end of 1st half against NC State, under a minute. NC State ball out of bounds, we put the press on and sub Kadary for JGIII, what? Our best defender and you take him out? Of course a and one with a foul on JGIII! Are you kidding me?

the lack of substitutions, lack of time and court awareness as a coach, not cool!

Again, I love JB! Always have and always will, but it’s just time! Just my two cents!
That sub against NCSU was made so we could set up the press. Richmond was shooting FT (can only sub for the shooter after the second free throw). Gotta know the rules if you are going to flaunt them.

Just a stubborn dad coaching his son at this point. Will always love JAB, but it’s time. If Buddy was averaging 20 and shooting 40% from 3, and we were 1-15, he’d be happier with that than being undefeated... and Buddy playing as Buddy is this season.

That sub against NCSU was made so we could set up the press. Richmond was shooting FT (can only sub for the shooter after the second free throw). Gotta know the rules if you are going to flaunt them.
Ok, so the sub was made to set up the press. Can you not set up the press and leave our best defender in there? Why do you have to sub?

Was it a made free throw (I don't know, I couldn't watch the game)? Why do we need to sub to set up the press. Teams set up the press after made baskets all of the time without needing an additional pause.

Was it a made free throw (I don't know, I couldn't watch the game)? Why do we need to sub to set up the press. Teams set up the press after made baskets all of the time without needing a additional pause.
Especially with Richmond being the point guard.

Was it a made free throw (I don't know, I couldn't watch the game)? Why do we need to sub to set up the press. Teams set up the press after made baskets all of the time without needing a additional pause.
It was a made free throw. That’s the only way the sub could happen.

And there was absolutely no reason to sub to set up a press where Joe gave up a dunk and fouled a guy about a foot taller than him.

And there was absolutely no reason to sub to set up a press where Joe gave up a dunk and fouled a guy about a foot taller than him.
Ok. So no need to sub. It's normal to set up the press after a made basket. How frustrating that we can't even do normal things.

Ok, so the sub was made to set up the press. Can you not set up the press and leave our best defender in there? Why do you have to sub?
Yeah, good though except it just is not as effective when you cannot set up the press. Emphasis on “set up.”

My guess is that you are eminently frustrated with this team, season and JAB. All good. I am too. But your gotcha moment to showcase how JAB has “lost it,” was 100% erroneous. It just was.

Yeah, good though except it just is not as effective when you cannot set up the press. Emphasis on “set up.”

My guess is that you are eminently frustrated with this team, season and JAB. All good. I am too. But your gotcha moment to showcase how JAB has “lost it,” was 100% erroneous. It just was.
Thousands of teams easily put the press on without substitution. It’s not that hard. It was a bad move by the coach, especially when considering he threw Joe in there, our second worst defender.

But what about the larger point in the first post? I think he is right that JB is not as sharp in his decisions and is not the same coach many of us loved and respected for so many years. We can argue any one example but the overall point is valid.

But what about the larger point in the first post? I think he is right that JB is not as sharp in his decisions and is not the same coach many of us loved and respected for so many years. We can argue any one example but the overall point is valid.
All I did was correct/educate him about the rule that played into JAB’s decision. If you or he want to expand in other directions, have at it. But it was a terrible/erroneous example of JAB losing it as a coach.

Not really joes fault. Marek had a steal and than dribbled it off his foot and was weak with the ball leading to a quick turnover.

All I did was correct/educate him about the rule that played into JAB’s decision. If you or he want to expand in other directions, have at it. But it was a terrible/erroneous example of JAB losing it as a coach.
But why is it a terrible/erroneous example? It is something you disagree with , and many have already given different perspectives on that. Still, the larger point, and main point (not other directions) is that JB is not as sharp and a not making great decisions these days. I think any decision to take out your best defender for a sub-par defender at any point is not a good decision, regardless of rationale.

his boy buddy is # 6 in the ACC in MPG. tops on our team. buddy is # 1 in the ACC in fg attempts per game and 81st in accuracy. #1 in the ACC in 3 point attempts and # 70 in accuracy.
is this the guy who we want to build our team around ? his dad thinks so. watching buddy grow.

Last edited:
Thousands of teams easily put the press on without substitution. It’s not that hard. It was a bad move by the coach, especially when considering he threw Joe in there, our second worst defender.
He had another one a game or so ago where the other team was desperately fouling and it took a minute or so for JOE to come back in.

But why is it a terrible/erroneous example? It is something you disagree with , and many have already given different perspectives on that. Still, the larger point, and main point (not other directions) is that JB is not as sharp and a not making great decisions these days. I think any decision to take out your best defender for a sub-par defender at any point is not a good decision, regardless of rationale.
Come on Crv ... if any coach is going to press, he’s going to manipulate the rule book and do it in the optimal situation, when the game is static and the defense can be established. If you cannot grasp this, I cannot help you.

Come on Crv ... if any coach is going to press, he’s going to manipulate the rule book and do it in the optimal situation, when the game is static and the defense can be established. If you cannot grasp this, I cannot help you.
And still you ignore the main point. Maybe I’m not the one that needs help!

his boy buddy is # 6 in the ACC in MPG. tops on our team. buddy is # 1 in the ACC in fg attempts per game and 81st in accuracy. #1 in the ACC in 3 point attempts and # 70 in accuracy.
is this the guy who we want to build our team around ? his dad thinks so. watching buddy grow.
There are 5 ppl able to get more then 40 min per game?

Sobering #’s. Would love to have the parallel stats for whoever is #2-5 in FG attempts as a point of reference.

Was it a made free throw (I don't know, I couldn't watch the game)? Why do we need to sub to set up the press. Teams set up the press after made baskets all of the time without needing an additional pause.
Thank you! My point exactly! If he misses the second free throw there is no sub. If he makes it, then You have time to set up the press! Explain to me why JB in that situation wanted to sub Kadary. He should tell the team if he makes it set up the press! No need for a sub

Thank you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom