I don't follow recruiting, but how are we doing on the defensive side? | Syracusefan.com

I don't follow recruiting, but how are we doing on the defensive side?

NineOneSeven

2018-19 Iggy Hoops Leader Scorer
Any talent coming in for that side of the field? I'm not talking about those great 2* guys we always land. Legit size, speed, and awareness.

I asked the same thing in the chatroom. Very curious, we need some help. Think our offense will be fine, but this defense, ouch.

We desperately needed Pierre and the JUCO CB that didn't qualify, and the stud safety that didn't qualify the year before that...

We desperately needed Pierre and the JUCO CB that didn't qualify, and the stud safety that didn't qualify the year before that...

Agreed. Those two would have made a big difference.

To the OP, we have a stud linebacker coming in. But need to upgrade just about everywhere. The "strength" of our defense is the interior of the line, and they're getting worked today. Not singling them out, just pointing out that this is a systemic issue tonight.

Dino clearly doesnt believe in a 'cherry on top' defense.

or his safety just decides to be part of the fudge and ignores his role in the sundae.

In other words, no 4 star defenders or 5th year seniors on the horizon, not that we have any except one on offense, unless I am mistaken? We need a savior with a few good friends. Got to break out, soon (within 3 years) or never. Beat our peers and let that improve our recruiting. In the meantime do a stellar job of talent evaluation. Has any team with high expectations ever suffered as much as us? The Fiesta Bowl was a lifetime ago. Maybe it is Jim Brown's fault - where are his grandkids? Are there any 5 star talents out there that would jump at the opportunity to also play lacrosse? I know, its no longer possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom