I don't get all the Noel insanity on this board! | Syracusefan.com

I don't get all the Noel insanity on this board!

Shermthegeneral

Starter
I'm not sure if people a bored or are really getting this worked up over this guy!? Personally I don't think he's a need for this team next year! I think a versatile small forward is much more important than adding another C/F. NN is probably much better than Rak at this point but how much better? I would rather be in the running for shabaz or another top 10 small forward.

Mods can we merge all of these single-thought Noel posts?

I'm not sure if people a bored or are really getting this worked up over this guy!? Personally I don't think he's a need for this team next year! I think a versatile small forward is much more important than adding another C/F. NN is probably much better than Rak at this point but how much better? I would rather be in the running for shabaz or another top 10 small forward.
insane. noel is one of the best shot blockers in the last 30 years. A game changer.

I'm not sure if people a bored or are really getting this worked up over this guy!?

Definitely the former.

It's the timing of it more than anything. The season just ended, so people aren't quite ready to call it quits yet and leave the forum for the offseason. At the same time, there's nothing else really to talk about at this point. So as a result, lots of Nerlens talk.

bored. We probably won't have another recruit commit for some months, so this is important

I'm just obsessed. I'll admit it. I can't wait for tomorrow night, so I can return to normal again, hopefully, after feeling celebratory.:) Every fisherman wants to hook the big one, and nothing is bigger than the #1 recruit in the country. I drool at the thought of this kid at the back of our zone.

you know we have 3 SF's right?
yeah, we might have a few small forwards but none that are versatile enough to pull up from 3 or create their own shot driving to the hoop. I see next years team missing a guy who attacks the rim and finishes like Dion or kris did this year.

Well, the guy is considered the #1 recruit in the class.

So there's that.

I'm just obsessed. I'll admit it. I can't wait for tomorrow night, so I can return to normal again, hopefully, after feeling celebratory.:) Every fisherman wants to hook the big one, and nothing is bigger than the #1 recruit in the country. I drool at the thought of this kid at the back of our zone.
playing devils advocate, would you take Noel for one year if it meant that Rak got frustrated and transferred leaving us with only Baye and Maybe DC the following year? DC may have a great freshman year and go pro too.

playing devils advocate, would you take Noel for one year if it meant that Rak got frustrated and transferred leaving us with only Baye and Maybe DC the following year? DC may have a great freshman year and go pro too.

I would absolutely take him for one year. If Rak decided to transfer that would be a huge loss. I don't think DC will go pro after Freshman year. But if either or both scenarios happen that might also open it up for Chris Walker and BeeJay Anya in 2013 and Dakari Johnson and Noah Vonleh in 2014. There are many recruits who would love to play in our system.

I really can't believe that some posters here don't want this kid. He looks like he's playing on an 8 foot hoop.

yeah, we might have a few small forwards but none that are versatile enough to pull up from 3 or create their own shot driving to the hoop. I see next years team missing a guy who attacks the rim and finishes like Dion or kris did this year.

Fair may not start his drives at the 3 point line, but he's very effective getting to the hoop when he starts from 17 feet and in. And Southerland obviously brings complementary skills to the 3 as well. I liked Joseph, but I honestly think Fair and Southerland will hold down that spot just fine next year.

Joseph wasn't a great finisher. Who else was frustrated at how many points he missed out on by missing a potential lay-up and-1

:rolling:

Joseph wasn't a great finisher. Who else was frustrated at how many points he missed out on by missing a potential lay-up and-1
this

He is the #1 recruit in the nation. Is there any other better reason to be worked up?

I can't think of one.

44cuse

It's mid-April on a college basketball forum one day before the #1 ranked recruit decides between this and two other teams. Why is anyone surprised at the state of these forums?

OP please start another thread with your topic of choice