I don't think I've ever seen this before re: AP/Coaches Poll | Syracusefan.com

I don't think I've ever seen this before re: AP/Coaches Poll

Eric15

Living Legend
A team with the most first place votes is not #1.

Screen Shot 2019-09-29 at 2.32.22 PM.png

The media’s nuts. It was Clemson’s offense that EMBARRASSED bama last year, not their departed pass rush.

Clemson will get it together and repeat

Who the hell’s Bama beaten this year that earns them the jump?

If I was a voter I would probably vote Auburn #1 having beaten Oregon and Texas A&M, and also Mississippi State.

If I was a voter I would probably vote Auburn #1 having beaten Oregon and Texas A&M, and also Mississippi State.

And they are at Florida this weekend.

Quite the gauntlet to start the season with a true freshman QB.

And they are at Florida this weekend.

Quite the gauntlet to start the season with a true freshman QB.

And then later this year they’ll have LSU in Baton Rouge then Georgia and Bama down the home stretch.

Crazy schedule.

And then later this year they’ll have LSU in Baton Rouge then Georgia and Bama down the home stretch.

Crazy schedule.

And everyone will complain when they play Samford on Nov 23.

The media’s nuts. It was Clemson’s offense that EMBARRASSED bama last year, not their departed pass rush.

Clemson will get it together and repeat
It's 2019 bama is pummeling people clemson barely got by a bad unc team.

Crazy schedule.
Voters assume the SEC is top to bottom the best, but I think bowl results (w/o looking it up) disprove that.

I respect voters who shift their votes from week to week, as long as they believe those are the best teams RIGHT NOW. I hate when teams get locked in just because they failed to lose, or move up only because someone ahead of them lost.

Who impressive has Bama pummeled? This ranking is based off of the name alone and which conference “matters”.

Bama’s done nothing in 2019 to earn this.

Duke very well may win the coastal and Bama beat them 42-3 on a neutral field.

Duke very well may win the coastal and Bama beat them 42-3 on a neutral field.
The coastal’s a dumpster fire. Thats not a win that jumps you over the sitting 1.

The coastal’s a dumpster fire. Thats not a win that jumps you over the sitting 1.

Yeah, but a 1 point win that should have been an overtime game against one of those Coastal dumpster fire teams can drop you from #1.

I'm surprised they didn't fall further, as impressive as some of the other top teams have looked.

A team with the most first place votes is not #1.

View attachment 170664

The number of points are what determines the ranking. There were likely a lot of second, third and lesser for Clemson. They have no room for error. They're reminding me a lot of 2014 Florida State. They're going to sneak into the Playoff only to get blasted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom