I for one welcome Louisville as conference brethren | Syracusefan.com

I for one welcome Louisville as conference brethren

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
I think the UCONN rivalry is going to dry up without Calhoun. So long as coach P oversees their football program they aren't going anywhere.

I like playing the Bearcats in hoops and pigskin, but losing that is no big deal.

From a 100% Cuse-centric perspective, Louisville offers the most.

I was looking forward to rivalry with Maryland, but since they blew their athletic's budget like a drunk logging onto Amazon at 3am, I feel really good about where things stand right now.

If G'Town, Nova, UCONN and the Johnnies appear on the hoops schedule now and again, even better.

I think the UCONN rivalry is going to dry up without Calhoun. So long as coach P oversees their football program they aren't going anywhere.

I like playing the Bearcats in hoops and pigskin, but losing that is no big deal.

I was looking forward to rivalry with Maryland, but since they blew their athletic's budget like a drunk logging onto Amazon at 3am, I feel really good about where things stand right now.

If G'Town, Nova, UCONN and the Johnnies appear on the hoops schedule now and again, even better.

A bad UConn team just beat a good (I guess) Louisville team last weekend. And UConn is going nowhere?

Yup.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

This past weekend was first top twenty win by UConn team since 2007.

It may be what you hope is the case but I'm not sure you're right.

This past weekend was first top twenty win by UConn team since 2007.

It may be what you hope is the case but I'm not sure you're right.
Hoping implies that I care a lot more than I do.

Pretty good point but I'd say that I don't feel good about anything b/c I just don't think any of these conferences will be around long enough to truly develop really good rivalries. I think the shifting will continue ... endlessly until there is something other than money considered ... which, of course, may be never.

And G'town better be on the sked as an away game every single year. I'm still f-ing pissed about not being able to see any cuse hoops unless I drive to f-ing charlottesville or make a roadie to the stupid ACC tourney in dumba$$ greensboro. God that blows.

I just like having some geographically close rivals. BC is 5 hrs in good traffic, Pitt is a tad longer. Our next closest game is UVA at 8 hours. Losing Rutgirls and UConn hurts that we don't have some rivals 3-4 hrs away.

We seriously need to look at a 2 for 1 (or 3 for 2 worst case) with either UMass, Buffalo or Akron. Let's get Army involved for some games...1 for 1 with them. And yes look at a 1 for 1 with either Ruttie or Yukon.

Why do people point to UCONN beating Ville as some kind of indication of who was the better choice? Look at Louisville's Athletic Dept and fan support, now look at UCONN's. Now stop telling us UCONN was a better fit. Ville is an upgrade over Maryland and as long as the ACC stays pro-active and intact, we just become a stronger conference.

Why do people point to UCONN beating Ville as some kind of indication of who was the better choice? Look at Louisville's Athletic Dept and fan support, now look at UCONN's. Now stop telling us UCONN was a better fit. Ville is an upgrade over Maryland and as long as the ACC stays pro-active and intact, we just become a stronger conference.

And people have to stop telling us Lville is an upgrade over MD if in fact the ACC goes the network/channel route like the B10.

And people have to stop telling us Lville is an upgrade over MD if in fact the ACC goes the network/channel route like the B10.

Cincinnati was able to make a good play as I think they have 3 times as many tv's as Louisville, but the southern football schools want a conference that will elevate their 9-3 records to the same status as SEC 9-3 records. Louisville helps that more than UConn or Cincinnati.