I guess familiarity can be more important than wins and losses | Syracusefan.com

I guess familiarity can be more important than wins and losses

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
Nolan Smith leaves his assistant coaching job at Duke to take the top assistant job at Louisville, so Duke hires the head coach of Elon to replace him. Schrage worked at Duke under Coach K for ten seasons but was very unsuccessful in a three-year stint as a head coach. Looks like they are also promoting Amile Jefferson. I wonder how the Dookie faithful feel about these moves.

I guess it might be similar if Cuse brought back Tim O'Toole or Rob Murphy as an assistant for the next coach.

I don't disagree with that Louisville/Duke statement but what would they do with Coach K. Prop him up at the end of the bench like Weekend at Bernies.
His POV was he thought Coach K should keep coaching as the HC.

I think K is going to come back

I think K is going to come back
LOL what has K said or done that would indicate he would come back to coach? All the interviews point at an older man (possible health issues) who is excited to get away from the grind and spend time with his family.

Not great based on Jay Williams saying he though Coach K should come back with Smith leaving.
I'm sorry Jay Williams but Duke may actually be forced to play with a roster not made up of all top recruits. They may even have a couple of years that they don't get a top 3 recruiting class.

It's not a code red emergency as I'm sure Duke will still get good player$.

K was on the radio today with MadDog and he out this rumor to rest. Said he’s not coming back. Said Jon needs to be able to develop his own staff and how to run things. Said he is not going to be a helicopter coach and would only have an opinion if Jon asked him for one about something. Plans to just relax at home for awhile, get a dog since his passed away last summer and travel to places his wife wants to see. Said he won’t even go to games but will watch them all in TV.

Sorry Jon. I changed my mind. Retirement wasn't for me. I'm going to coach until forever. But you can still be my assistant coach in waiting.
Well at least he doesn’t have to move to Washington

LOL what has K said or done that would indicate he would come back to coach? All the interviews point at an older man (possible health issues) who is excited to get away from the grind and spend time with his family.
Of course he does. Who wouldn't want to spend as much time possible watching Mickey Quilt a top for your half naked granddaughter.

K was on the radio today with MadDog and he out this rumor to rest. Said he’s not coming back. Said Jon needs to be able to develop his own staff and how to run things. Said he is not going to be a helicopter coach and would only have an opinion if Jon asked him for one about something. Plans to just relax at home for awhile, get a dog since his passed away last summer and travel to places his wife wants to see. Said he won’t even go to games but will watch them all in TV.

Every time he is on TV walking/moving, it looks like he's laboring. I hope it's nothing serious, but it seems like he's not exactly in tip top shape (understandable for his age)... Hope he can just enjoy retirement and relax.

? I read this three times and still have zero clue What you are talking about.

At Duke's final home game, 1 of K's grandaughter's was wearing a crop top. Probably not the most appropriate clothing knowing you're going to be all over camera, or maybe it was?

At Duke's final home game, 1 of K's grandaughter's was wearing a crop top. Probably not the most appropriate clothing knowing you're going to be all over camera, or maybe it was?
Pics or it didn’t happen.

? I read this three times and still have zero clue What you are talking about.
Watch Ks speach after the final home game and focus on his family

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom