I have to agree with Dee Dee McCarron on her tweet | Syracusefan.com

I have to agree with Dee Dee McCarron on her tweet

retro44

Living Legend
"is this English".

I almost had to give cali a call for a translation.

on the whole, the SEC PLAYERS have this market cornered on poor speaking skills and those majors might be tad out of reach for most players to stay eligible in school.

SBro44

Walk On
During the postgame... Jameis had a pretty incoherent interview... and the Alabama QB's (McCarron) mom made some snotty twitter comment.

Not her classiest moment--

His english was pretty bad but I thought his message had good intentions... praised teammates... very high on Jimbo Fisher (referenced Jimbos son-- who I think has a rare disease)... and even gave a shout out to his cousin in Afganistan

orangenirvana

Hall of Fame
During the postgame... Jameis had a pretty incoherent interview... and the Alabama QB's (McCarron) mom made some snotty twitter comment.

Not her classiest moment--

His english was pretty bad but I thought his message had good intentions... praised teammates... very high on Jimbo Fisher (referenced Jimbos son-- who I think has a rare disease)... and even gave a shout out to his cousin in Afganistan
Mothers shouldn't have Twitter accounts.

Sounds like sour grapes.

Toga

Living Legend
Nothing will top the interview with Georgetown's Michael Graham following their (sorry) national championship. Literally could not string two coherent words together.

Alsacs

Living Legend
She should and be happy that Katherine Webb has a chance to be her daughter-in-law. Ms. McCarron was rooting for Auburn last night which shows how warped SEC fans are. I would NEVER root for Georgetown to win a NC if they were playing even Calipari.

Chip

Creature of Bad Habits
She was upset because Auburn lost. As an Alabama mom.

I'm sure AJ was proud.

SEC turns a little more into creepytown each year.

Upstate

Co 2020 Cali Winner, Rcd/Rcpts/TD Rcpts (5)/TFL
CMwsd.jpg

OrangeBlood

Starter
There is a fascinating thesis waiting to be written about SEC pride being a stand-in for Confederate pride.

I love this.

As for Data, I would almost guarantee that more than half of respondents who identify as "die-hard" SEC football fans view the confederate flag positively.

Marsh01

Living Legend
Nothing will top the interview with Georgetown's Michael Graham following their (sorry) national championship. Literally could not string two coherent words together.

Reggie Willams too. It was flat out an embarrassment to the university.

kuethstheman

All Conference
Doesn't (or didn't) AJ's girlfriend go to Auburn? That may be why she was into it. That and maybe SEC pride.

I'd cheer for Georgetown if it increased the likelihood that my son would get to marry that girl.

Alsacs

Living Legend
According to Bill Simmons Andrew Luck sounds like Andre the Giant. I honestly don't care how athletes sound in the heat of the moment after game just wait to the post-game press conference to take them seriously.

Chip

Creature of Bad Habits
She should and be happy that Katherine Webb has a chance to be her daughter-in-law. Ms. McCarron was rooting for Auburn last night which shows how warped SEC fans are. I would NEVER root for Georgetown to win a NC if they were playing even Calipari.

Can you imagine?

I wouldn't root for Georgetown or Virginia Tech if they were playing Al Qaeda all star teams.

Roll Tide, War Damn Eagle, I hope we both win and we can toilet paper trees together because we're SEC, SEC, SEC. We dominate college football but we're still insecure, creepy and bring pom poms to the game.

Shrmdougluvr

King of Suck Balls Mtn.
Doesn't (or didn't) AJ's girlfriend go to Auburn? That may be why she was into it. That and maybe SEC pride.

I'd cheer for Georgetown if it increased the likelihood that my son would get to marry that girl.

I'd disown my ungrateful of a son if he asked for the hand of Georgetown alum. (consonance unintentional). I dont care what she looks like (or how much money she has).

Shrmdougluvr

King of Suck Balls Mtn.
Lucky for Jameis, he'll likely be able to find gainful employment despite only having marginal public speaking skills.

CanadianSU

Living Legend
Heck, Does the whole state of Alabama know English. Went on a business trip Birmingham (yuck) and its all slang.

CanadianSU

Living Legend
Jameis Winston ‏@Jaboowins 2h
For the people that criticize the way that I talk this is for y'all. The Florida state Seminoles are national champions! That is all.

Crusty

Living Legend

Absolutely my favorite quote! As I remember it was a pre-game interview and Oscar was asked about the Billy Martin - Reggie stuff. That went around the trading room for years. It became the standard smart ass reply to a stupid question.

cuseincincy

All Conference
Heck, Does the whole state of Alabama know English. Went on a business trip Birmingham (yuck) and its all slang.
It is an unusual state that i lived in for a year a long time ago. I went on a business trip last year and our customer was a good ole boy, crude comments, colorful language borderline harassment of his female employees and then we went to dinner at a fine restaurant and he made us all hold hands while he thanked the Lord. I don't know if he thought his prayers absoolved him from his behavior or if he really didn't link the 2 in his head. Was kind of surreal, I kept thinking about the preacher in "Porkys".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jimjones989

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom