I Have to Say... | Syracusefan.com

I Have to Say...

I never expected this. This may be the greatest 1-week turn-around by any sports team I have ever witnessed. Kudos to the coaches. I never expected it.
They said the same thing on TV.

Good to see Hiltz start and see team-wide pride/hustle/swagger. So much fun to watch...and can’t believe the pull-away dominance.

Last edited:
I never expected this. This may be the greatest 1-week turn-around by any sports team I have ever witnessed. Kudos to the coaches. I never expected it.

So, #FireDesko, or nah?

As I am longtime Red Sox fan, 2004 against the Yankees would be similar ha ha

This has been a crazy season so far - covid has a lot to do with it. UNC scoring 27 today is hard to believe but we'll see how they fare against the ACC going forward.

Classy interview by Tiffany. He refuses to throw any of his guys under the bus or make excuses. He gives credit to Syracuse where it is due. I am a little surprised that he was caught off guard by the Orange's invert strategy.
yes. weird. i mentioned mid-week our shorties weren't crushing it. nor was our d. a lot of the former was getting run from behind.
our strategy seemed to be watch the dodger, not cover the crease or slide and be in no man's land. and not have a 2.

bold strategy, cotton.

yes. weird. i mentioned mid-week our shorties weren't crushing it. nor was our d. a lot of the former was getting run from behind.
our strategy seemed to be watch the dodger, not cover the crease or slide and be in no man's land. and not have a 2.

bold strategy, cotton.
Syracuse made some in game adjustments that the Cavs didn't respond to i.e. middie inverts, Wycoff to close D on Moore and Kennedy up to lsm. I felt Cavs could have flipped the script and inverted Shellenberger more. It seemed like only Laviano was playing off ball offense, granted that is his game, but I expected to see more movement off ball from the Cavs in the second half.

A team that's first game of the season is against a team that has already played a game is at a significant disadvantage. Bad scheduling.

Classy interview by Tiffany. He refuses to throw any of his guys under the bus or make excuses. He gives credit to Syracuse where it is due. I am a little surprised that he was caught off guard by the Orange's invert strategy.
I believe him saying he was “caught off guard” is coach speak for them just not having much of an answer for it. We were inverting like crazy in 2020 and in the army game. He knew it was coming. The shorties were just getting beat.

Syracuse made some in game adjustments that the Cavs didn't respond to i.e. middie inverts, Wycoff to close D on Moore and Kennedy up to lsm. I felt Cavs could have flipped the script and inverted Shellenberger more. It seemed like only Laviano was playing off ball offense, granted that is his game, but I expected to see more movement off ball from the Cavs in the second half.
i don't recall enough about how kirwan's brown offense was so explosive. what of it i do remember was revolving around malloy and the attention he received, or if he had room to bull.
uva's offense has been very similar to that part. just with more threats. they want the iso, the aj look, or laviano who finds the seams. their dodgers do draw attention just like syracuse's do, so simplification has some advantages.
but not much off ball stuff other than that. not the offense i would design. shellenberger does give them another feeder (and bertrand is one, too). they fill for kraus and conrad, but not herring. so one fewer feeder unless dickson makes more impact/pt.

That game was beautiful. However, my wife got up and left the room before halftime.

She said "Holy, crap. This game is way too intense."
Lucky . Wish mine did. Too many questions. Threw her a rule book

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom