I hope that the fans treat the WF game | Syracusefan.com

I hope that the fans treat the WF game

as a Thank You and a Good-Bye to JB. Would love to have presumptuous signs "Thanks for the memories, coach" "JB #1 in wins." "Best of luck, coach" No boos. Just adulation and thankfulness.

Understand what you are saying and agree 1000%. However if that is what the University, Athletic Department, Baseketball Program, JAB and Family are looking for they are going to have to make an announcement of what the plan is...

Understand what you are saying and agree 1000%. However if that is what the University, Athletic Department, Baseketball Program, JAB and Family are looking for they are going to have to make an announcement of what the plan is...
Social media could make it happen. The fan base could create momentum. Make it seem a fait accompli.

If he doesn’t announce anything then that would be both bizarre and classless.

Why? Because Jim and John *don’t* know the fanbase is upset?

You guys are weird.
No. Because passive acceptance is no longer enough. Nothing weird about that.

Whether or not JB and Wildhack are aware is not the issue. Fans can try to create an action-forcing mechanism, which is what this would be. I think some sort of a pubilc mutiny on the part of the fans might be our best chance to force that change.

Last edited:
thats something he could have had but did not want

No. Because passive acceptance is no longer enough. Nothing weird about that.

Whether or not JB and Wildhack are aware is not the issue. Fans can try to create an action-forcing mechanism, which is what this would be. I think some sort of a pubilc mutiny on the part of the fans might be our best chance to force that change.

You might have thought that a 20 year low in attendance, and widespread scorn in the national media would have been enough to institute change without us having to resort to pitchforks.

WF will not be Gus last curtain call.
x files GIF by The X-Files

as a Thank You and a Good-Bye to JB. Would love to have presumptuous signs "Thanks for the memories, coach" "JB #1 in wins." "Best of luck, coach" No boos. Just adulation and thankfulness.
You should have said, “Goodbye, farewell, and amen.” Missed opportunity.

The WF game should not be turned into a "Retire JB" sideshow-
I'm going to the game to honor the 2003 champs and GMac/Hak jersey retirements.
The day should focus on and be remembered for that.
JAB would never want it to be about him. He wants it to be about Jesse, Joe and Symir, and about Hak, GMac and the 2003 championship team. Nothing else should matter or get in the way.

JAB would never want it to be about him. He wants it to be about Jesse, Joe and Symir, and about Hak, GMac and the 2003 championship team. Nothing else should matter or get in the way.
My post was in regard to the suggestion for fans to bring signs and act like JB is leaving/announced his retirement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom