I just go back to preseason when JB said | Syracusefan.com

I just go back to preseason when JB said

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
That there were guys that wanted to come that we turned down because we liked what we have.

And I just wonder, how much would another guard that could have pushed for minutes helped?

Coach doesn't trust Symir enough to keep him in a game late, and he trusts Joe so much it doesn't matter how he's played in any single game.

Both guys have limitations and we chose to not have any other options for answers.

That there were guys that wanted to come that we turned down because we liked what we have.

And I just wonder, how much would another guard that could have pushed for minutes helped?

Coach doesn't trust Symir enough to keep him in a game late, and he trusts Joe so much it doesn't matter how he's played in any single game.

Both guys have limitations and we chose to not have any other options for answers.
I think Chris Paul would play 6 minutes a game for us at this point.

It feels to me that JB has reduced the game to a few basic principles. And, I think those principles are flawed. How do you have 3 guards, 3 forwards and 2.25 centers? That is a rotation not a freaking roster. That eliminates competition and inhibits development.

Lol...so anyways...as I said in April.

”You guys thinking Symir is going challenge Joe’s playing time are setting yourself up for disappointment or I guess you could think we can be great with Joe playing 35 at PG?”

#JBsaysthings

Back then Scoop would drive me, what I thought at the time was, crazy. I would give my right ear lobe for a Scoop on this team.
Remember when we would run on turnovers or rebounds?
I ‘member and yearn for those days.
Where we didn’t just run a ball screen every half court possession or rely on ISO every possession.

Remember when our guard rotation was Scoop, Triche and Waiters and none got more than 25 MPG.
I ‘member.

It’s laughable the mpgs for our players since 2014.
All three were dawgs. We have zero dawgs. Our guys are very likable. I would prefer guys like Dion that scare the out of the opposition and their fans.

Back then Scoop would drive me, what I thought at the time was, crazy. I would give my right ear lobe for a Scoop on this team.
A Scoop and Buddy backcourt would be really good.

Remember when we would run on turnovers or rebounds?
I ‘member and yearn for those days.
Where we didn’t just run a ball screen every half court possession or rely on ISO every possession.
Amen.
The only time the Orange seem to push the ball is when Symir is in.
He makes the team move at whole different speed.
And also seems to improve the defense.

Symir should he used much more often as a tactical weapon to change the pace of games.
The tradeoff is with Joe's shooting ability.
But with Buddy, Cole and Jimmy there are enough shooters on the floor to give Symir more minutes.

It feels to me that JB has reduced the game to a few basic principles. And, I think those principles are flawed. How do you have 3 guards, 3 forwards and 2.25 centers? That is a rotation not a freaking roster. That eliminates competition and inhibits development.
JB is saving money so JW can hire Anae and Beck.

Only logical reason that I can think of is that these were multi-year guys and we didn't want to tie up roster spots when there was potentially better talent coming a year later. First, it doesn't say much for the talent they turned down. If Boeheim thought they could help him win this year, there's no way he would turn them down. But even if roster spots was their thinking, it's still not a good reason now that we have the portal and we know guys will leave early for playing time or the pros. Impossible to judge one year down the line so you always take the talent. Safe to say that they weren't all that great if we were turning them down.

Why is it you refuse to spell his name correctly?
He probably won't answer, so I'll take a stab at it. Hopperstate intentionally misspells his name to show his dislike for the young man. It extends beyond this thread. It's like what we do on this board with Dook. The only difference is that this is a 21 year old young man who has shown great love for Syracuse since he's been here.

He probably won't answer, so I'll take a stab at it. Hopperstate intentionally misspells his name to show his dislike for the young man. It extends beyond this thread. It's like what we do on this board with Dook. The only difference is that this is a 21 year old young man who has shown great love for Syracuse since he's been here.
So, the numerous posters who spell JB's wife's name Julie dislike her? ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom