I kind of feel bad for Jay Wright. | Syracusefan.com

I kind of feel bad for Jay Wright.

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
Although I would think in the next couple years he ends up leaving Villanova for a big time BCS school with a big fat contract. I can understand Yukon fans being upset, but at least they will most likely go somewhere. Nova is a great school, but they end in a glorified A-10 or MAAC. Not enough great Basketball only schools to keep it going.

dude will be coaching at va tech, clemson, Fl. State, or Miami within 5 years.

just thinking of schools that will be replacing in the next 3-4 years.

I live in Nova country so screw them and their don't stink fan base. I hope jay wrights lands somewhere not near us in terms of conference. Dude is good and should get out quick.

ill just miss seeing his suits

Once UCLA fires Howland because he can't make a real winner out of the best NCAA program of all time, they'll hire Wright and they'll flourish again. OR I'll say this...If Howland can't get back to really competing consistently, nationally, he may not get past the 2015 season.

Once UCLA fires Howland because he can't make a real winner out of the best NCAA program of all time, they'll hire Wright and they'll flourish again. OR I'll say this...If Howland can't get back to really competing consistently, nationally, he may not get past the 2015 season.
1 major issue there, UCLA is an Adidas school.

1 major issue there, UCLA is an Adidas school.

You know how many men's stores there probably are on Rodeo Drive for Wright? He is salavating.

You know how many men's stores there probably are on Rodeo Drive for Wright? He is salavating.
ya, but isn't there some story about how Nike basically picked wright for Nova? I think he's tied to them.

many more options for great suits

Although I would think in the next couple years he ends up leaving Villanova for a big time BCS school with a big fat contract. I can understand Yukon fans being upset, but at least they will most likely go somewhere. Nova is a great school, but they end in a glorified A-10 or MAAC. Not enough great Basketball only schools to keep it going.
Nova just lost a coach, but is there anyone that will want JT3 ?

'Nova fans are insanely annoying, but I like Jay Wright and by extension will feel bad for 'Nova. However, once Wright is gone, who cares anyway other than the fact that they're one of our long standing rivals w/ a pretty good history. That probably deserve better than what's ahead.

Agree he'll land on his feet with a very BIG job!

Good guy. Great coach. He will be fine, regardless of whether he stays at Nova or seeks greener pastures.

Nova is moving to D1 for football in the big east

Right and they have no fanbase and would be starting from square one.

I just don't see it in the cards for Nova.

I live in Nova country so screw them and their **** don't stink fan base. I hope jay wrights lands somewhere not near us in terms of conference. Dude is good and should get out quick.
I also live in "Nova country" - Malvern, and I've never had any problems with Nova fans. I always look forward to the SU/Nova game when its in Philly - great time, and their fans have always been fine. I give them a lot of respect, especially since we are usually taking over McFaddens and it's their town. I feel for Villanova, and will miss playing them in conference. There is nobody in the ACC that I care enough for to see it replace that rivalry (yet). I also would love to see Jay again coaching for some team in the ACC. The better our competition, the better we will be.

I also live in "Nova country" - Malvern, and I've never had any problems with Nova fans. I always look forward to the SU/Nova game when its in Philly - great time, and their fans have always been fine. I give them a lot of respect, especially since we are usually taking over McFaddens and it's their town. I feel for Villanova, and will miss playing them in conference. There is nobody in the ACC that I care enough for to see it replace that rivalry (yet). I also would love to see Jay again coaching for some team in the ACC. The better our competition, the better we will be.

Nova has fans?

Nova is moving to D1 for football in the big east

That's a bit of a scoop, when did they announce that they were moving up to Division 1?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom