I know it was LaFayette... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I know it was LaFayette...

Im cautiously optimistic but point guard intelligence in my opinion will be the key to the season. Will Joe minimize his brain freezes when the schedule stiffens and will Symir figure out how to hurt teams that won't guard him.

Are we at full scholarship strength? If so why is our 4th guard off the bench a walk-on? I think we have a strong 8 man rotation, but we are a turned ankle away from having real issues at guard.
Hope Sy hand ok. Bummer to get hurt with 14 seconds left on clock.

Counterpoint .. this win tells us almost nothing about this team.
"Us?" I think you and your likes is who you refer to. You are entitled to your opinion but don't include myself and most fans as "us!" We will see soon enough who is right and who may be a slow learner.

"Us?" I think you and your likes is who you refer to. You are entitled to your opinion but don't include myself and most fans as "us!" We will see soon enough who is right and who may be a slow learner.
The beauty of my argument is that it can’t be proven wrong .. because I’ve not actually stated how good I think the team is .. because … you can’t tell from a single game vs Lafayette

I will say this .. the couple times they pressured us ..we turned it over badly .. does that mean we’ll be bad against pressure all year? Who knows ..but if we’re drawing huge conclusions based on that game .. that was not a good sign

I will say this .. the couple times they pressured us ..we turned it over badly .. does that mean we’ll be bad against pressure all year? Who knows ..but if we’re drawing huge conclusions based on that game .. that was not a good sign
I kinda doubt that. We only had 9 turnovers and 7 were on inside players. Joe only had 1 and Symir 0. Can’t remember what buddy’s 1 was.

I kinda doubt that. We only had 9 turnovers and 7 were on inside players. Joe only had 1 and Symir 0. Can’t remember what buddy’s 1 was.
We had back to back turnovers against their pressure in the 2nd half .. first bigger Boeheim hurled it into the stands.. then someone got ripped. Not sure who .. and that was about the extent of their pressure

I agree beating up a Patriot league team doesn't tell us much. What it does tell us is that we can pound an inferior team. The exhibitions told us that too, but at least Lafayette is division 1.

I personally think this team is very good, and will end up with 23-25 regular season wins and will be a strong favorite for the Sweet Sixteen. If Swider exceeds my (very high) expectations and the young big men come along, I think we are in the championship conversation come tournament time.

We had back to back turnovers against their pressure in the 2nd half .. first bigger Boeheim hurled it into the stands.. then someone got ripped. Not sure who .. and that was about the extent of their pressure

Do you know the players' names?

SU outrebounded Lafayette 48-30

That game did nothing to give me concern about this team's rebounding. They are TALL and give effort...not seeing rebounding being a big issue

Are we at full scholarship strength? If so why is our 4th guard off the bench a walk-on? I think we have a strong 8 man rotation, but we are a turned ankle away from having real issues at guard.
Benny at PG

Benny at PG
Does he have the handle to hold up against full court pressure from Duke’s linebacker turned point guard? Does anyone?

But seriously… does he have the handle to play point in the ACC?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom