I like food. Food tastes good. Smoking/grilling | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I like food. Food tastes good. Smoking/grilling

Has any smoked their hamburgers? I've done it a couple times. Juicy enough to run down my arm and drip off my elbow.

Very good, but different. I'm fond of the black grill marks. For me it's usually a 900 degree seer burner. Just over 1 minute, rotate. 1 minute, flip. Repeat. 4-5 minutes total. Not quite as juicy as the smoked, but usually better than the gas grill on high. I prefer the traditional texture, but some may prefer 100% smoked. (About 1/3 lbs burger)

Has any smoked their hamburgers? I've done it a couple times. Juicy enough to run down my arm and drip off my elbow.

Very good, but different. I'm fond of the black grill marks. For me it's usually a 900 degree seer burner. Just over 1 minute, rotate. 1 minute, flip. Repeat. 4-5 minutes total. Not quite as juicy as the smoked, but usually better than the gas grill on high. I prefer the traditional texture, but some may prefer 100% smoked. (About 1/3 lbs burger)

I love smoking them on the Traeger. Sear at 375 for two minutes each side then smoke them till done at 300.

Can't believe I missed this thread. Doing a brisket and tri tip this weekend. Funny how some like the point better- I actually do a flat most times as it's been perfect with butcher paper from start to finish. Will get some pics up next week.

Has anyone tried cold smoking? My grill min temp is 100 and cold smoked cheese is saying it's gotta be 90.

Oh and trying my own bacon too- got some pork bellies in..

I love smoking them on the Traeger. Sear at 375 for two minutes each side then smoke them till done at 300.

Can't believe I missed this thread. Doing a brisket and tri tip this weekend. Funny how some like the point better- I actually do a flat most times as it's been perfect with butcher paper from start to finish. Will get some pics up next week.

Has anyone tried cold smoking? My grill min temp is 100 and cold smoked cheese is saying it's gotta be 90.

Oh and trying my own bacon too- got some pork bellies in..
I am going to do pork belly burnt ends in the near future.

When you the flat in the butcher paper from the start, is there any crust? Do you put anything in with the brisket and paper, like tallow or beef broth?

I am going to do pork belly burnt ends in the near future.

When you the flat in the butcher paper from the start, is there any crust? Do you put anything in with the brisket and paper, like tallow or beef broth?

Nice! So i don't do a broth or tallow. I use a combination of rubs and trim a little less fat. I have gotten a really nice bark every time. I also don't do it to a temperature instead check it at 197 and pull it somewhere from 197 to 203.

I have used a broth in the past whe putting it on naked up to 160 and then wrapping it. Best results have been with Butcher paper start to finish.

The only issue I've had is paper stealing a small amount of bark when unwrapping but otherwise no issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom