I like Wildhack a lot but the AD's office overall is clueless | Syracusefan.com

I like Wildhack a lot but the AD's office overall is clueless

JeremyCuse

Living Legend
You wonder if they realize how important the enxst 7-10 years are for this program with the ACC clearly in danger of imploding once the GOR becomes breakable based on the SEC and B10 continuing to pull away money wise. You also just spend untold millions on renovating the Dome and raised ticket prices for nearly all season ticket holders

So what does the AD's office do, ensure that from now until 2028 SU will be the only P5 D1 program to not have a 7 game home schedule after moving the Pitt game this year and apparently making the 2024 Uconn game a neutral site affair (if the rumblings are accurate).

What the hell is going on up there? Heads need to roll, this is Rutgers level ineptness.

They're raising 150 million dollars to build an infrastructure to compete into the future.

The NIL stuff growing is well documented.

No offense season ticket costs are pocket change for ACC sports. If the payday for Pitt is nice enough to pay for item one that's the cost of doing business.

You wonder if they realize how important the enxst 7-10 years are for this program with the ACC clearly in danger of imploding once the GOR becomes breakable based on the SEC and B10 continuing to pull away money wise. You also just spend untold millions on renovating the Dome and raised ticket prices for nearly all season ticket holders

So what does the AD's office do, ensure that from now until 2028 SU will be the only P5 D1 program to not have a 7 game home schedule after moving the Pitt game this year and apparently making the 2024 Uconn game a neutral site affair (if the rumblings are accurate).

What the hell is going on up there? Heads need to roll, this is Rutgers level ineptness.
Why in gods green earth would we ever give UConn a neutral site game. That is beyond dumb. We should have 7 home games every year

They're raising 150 million dollars to build an infrastructure to compete into the future.

No offense season ticket costs are pocket change for ACC sports. If the payday for Pitt is nice enough to pay for item one that's the cost of doing business.

Without success now that infrastructure will be for Big East Ball games and Indep football games when the ACC inevitably implodes. There is no excuse for 5+ years without 7 home games.

My tickets are $108.34 per game. For Pitt next season, similar seats cost $60 per game. Our tickets are far from cheap. Also Pitt doesn't charge the same for Upper and Lower decks for same seating level. Why is our Lower A section the same price as Upper A?

Without success now that infrastructure will be for Big East Ball games and Indep football games when the ACC inevitably implodes. There is no excuse for 5+ years without 7 home games.

I always like your posts - I know you cannot reasonably believe SU athletics will rise and fall on a home field advantage in one football competitive game.

If it's UConn like you said that's even less of a lift, we will beat them on Geno's front yard.

I always like your posts - I know you cannot reasonably believe SU athletics will rise and fall on a home field advantage in one football competitive game.

If it's UConn like you said that's even less of a lift, we will beat them on Geno's front yard.

I appreciate that, I am not talking about one game. I have no real issue moving the Pitt game assuming its a for a big pay day. However, if SU doesn't have another 7 game home schedule until 2028 (after moving said game and not getting Uconn at home) that's a major issue and one that is unacceptable. Schedule needs to be modified in another year or 2 to get 7 home games in a different year. A P5 D1 program can't go 6 years without 7 home games.

My tickets are $108.34 per game. For Pitt next season, similar seats cost $60 per game. Our tickets are far from cheap. Also Pitt doesn't charge the same for Upper and Lower decks for same seating level. Why is our Lower A section the same price as Upper A?

According to Google our average ticket price is $61. Average at UNC is $126.

Would assume the guarantee the Yankees gave just made ticket prices cheap enough to get people in the building.

I appreciate that, I am not talking about one game. I have no real issue moving the Pitt game assuming its a for a big pay day. However, if SU doesn't have another 7 game home schedule until 2028 (after moving said game and not getting Uconn at home) that's a major issue and one that is unacceptable. Schedule needs to be modified in another year or 2 to get 7 home games in a different year. A P5 D1 program can't go 6 years without 7 home games.

I just don't think UConn is a big deal in the scale of importance.

The difference in the amount of ticket money we bring in compared to the schools we want to compete with must be staggering.

I don't see all the numbers, but I don't think Wildhack is dumb, or overly greedy.

Between bi-polar Boeheim and what amounts to a small market football team, I don't know how the guy still even wants the job. Maybe he wants a normal retirement at 65 so he'll wait another year. The job sounds like a needless hassle for an alum/fan type nearing the end of his career.

According to Google our average ticket price is $61. Average at UNC is $126.

Would assume the guarantee the Yankees gave just made ticket prices cheap enough to get people in the building.

UNC midfield last year was $420 for seasons. Ours was $650 last year and this year as well. UNC this year midfield single game ranges from $60-$85. Ours average $108.33 and we don't have real seating.

The relocation of the pitt games just another domino.

Our revenue sports, collectively are in the worst shape they’ve been in since …how far back?

Aside from the fundraising initiative, I’m not sure what there is to be content about. OP has a right to be upset. All’s not rainbows.

UNC midfield last year was $420 for seasons. Ours was $650 last year and this year as well. UNC this year midfield single game ranges from $60-$85. Ours average $108.33 and we don't have real seating.

I don't know if Rams Club membership is baked into that number, which is the usual gate of entry there. Just posted what I looked up.

The relocation of the pitt games just another domino.

Our revenue sports, collectively are in the worst shape they’ve been in since …how far back?

Aside from the fundraising initiative, I’m not sure what there is to be content about. OP has a right to be upset. All’s not rainbows.

Huh?

We averaged 40K for football and had two sell outs and went to a bowl. The ACC is the #3 conference. Big difference from when Gross was setting $99 seasons in the Big East.

Hoop attendance is down for a million reasons. JB aside the product nationally stinks and attendance is down everywhere, but the tv money is ok.

I don't know if Rams Club membership is baked into that number, which is the usual gate of entry there. Just posted what I looked up.

Those are regular seats. They have a TON of premium/club seating while we have relative none at all. That puts their average well above ours. But run of the mill 50 yard line seats, we are way more than they are. Technically all Dome seats are climate controlled so maybe SU thinks that makes everything club ;)

Huh?

We averaged 40K for football and had two sell outs and went to a bowl. The ACC is the #3 conference. Big difference from when Gross was setting $99 seasons in the Big East.

Hoop attendance is down for a million reasons. JB aside the product nationally stinks and attendance is down everywhere, but the tv money is ok.
Yeah and how do be play to the attendance upswing? Give away a home game.

Not going to pat the football program on the back until we string together back to back winning seasons. 2022 was certainly encouraging.

Hoops attendance at Cuse has much much much more to do with team performance than national trends.

Huh?

Football is trending up. Really not a reason for anyone to be critical.

While BBall is down overall, they are still a relatively hot ticket for the good seats. That might dry up soon though.

IMO football tickets are overpriced given demand. BBall tickets (even this year) are priced well below where they should be. People will still pay for SU BBall.

Yeah and how do be play to the attendance upswing? Give away a home game.

Not going to pat the football program on the back until we string together back to back winning seasons. 2022 was certainly encouraging.

Hoops attendance at Cuse has much much much more to do with team performance than national trends.

It's both on hoops, the product as a whole stinks. No one knows or cares about the other teams, there are no stars.

Our situation / slide clearly doesn't help.

Giving something away implies nothing in return. I would hope the return is a big check (or bank wire).

I just can't imagine how the pitt payday is that nice. Who cares about Pitt Syracuse in Pitt or Syracuse? It makes no sense to me.

I just can't imagine how the pitt payday is that nice. Who cares about Pitt Syracuse in Pitt or Syracuse? It makes no sense to me.

It's weird to me that the Yankees have an employee whose job is to attract college football games there.

(at least I'm pretty sure I read that).

I guess the counter to this counter is: what DO you want John Wildhack to do with the Athletic Dept in spite of these existential challenges.

The school is at a challenge being northeast full stop. There's two programs that matter up here: Penn St and ND. The rest are rotating chairs. To me its hard to compete with that, moreso now with the Big 10 being multiples ahead revenue wise going into the next decade.

Hoops will be fixed shortly once Boeheim retires. Fixed as in there will be a path forward to the future. Nothing against Jim but once you have a coach in his 80s essentially, it's an actuarial table of issues.

I think JW has done a nice job all things considered and the fact that he didn't hire either hoops or football coaches being on the job for this long now. I doubt there are many other ADs in his position without that choice being made.

I guess the counter to this counter is: what DO you want John Wildhack to do with the Athletic Dept in spite of these existential challenges.

The school is at a challenge being northeast full stop. There's two programs that matter up here: Penn St and ND. The rest are rotating chairs. To me its hard to compete with that, moreso now with the Big 10 being multiples ahead revenue wise going into the next decade.

Hoops will be fixed shortly once Boeheim retires. Fixed as in there will be a path forward to the future. Nothing against Jim but once you have a coach in his 80s essentially, it's an actuarial table of issues.

I think JW has done a nice job all things considered and the fact that he didn't hire either hoops or football coaches being on the job for this long now. I doubt there are many other ADs in his position without that choice being made.
Could start by holding your program coaches accountable for maintaining a competitive product vs those rotating chairs.

Rutgers
Pitt
Uconn
SJU
Colgate

Etc etc

Losses against all of them in the past few years, some across multiple sports. We’re becoming an after thought for the after thought group in CBB and we’re not keeping up with peers in football aside from BC.

Dino needs to beat Pitt and Rutgers who currently arguably out-recruit us in the NE.

Jim can’t be dropping games to colgate, rutgers, sju, bryant etc.

Accountability and competitiveness

Unfortunately, you Tier As have to subsidize us ditch diggers in the end zones.

Sorry.

And thank you.

It's weird to me that the Yankees have an employee whose job is to attract college football games there.

(at least I'm pretty sure I read that).

I can't see how the Yankees are making much money here. I would guess that attendance will be around 35k. So tickets + concessions + advertising + premium seating - costs - $3M or so to SU is a positive number? They don't own the TV rights of the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom