I love your quarterback | Syracusefan.com

I love your quarterback

hungrychuck

All Conference
As a measure of the growing momentum of this program, I can’t tell you the number of general sports fans and general CFB fans I have met in recent weeks who have said those words immediately upon learning I’m an SU fan.

About half as many, still impressive, have said something nice about Dino.

But I think Eric has a national following beyond what many of us may understand.

Had he not had the strange back freakout against ND, I have a feeling the legion would be even larger.

We’ll enjoy TD’s efficiency next year, but Eric is a genuine folk hero.

He’s a bill brasky type...Cant wait to hear the legends of Eric Dungey 5 years from now.
Did I ever tell you about the time Eric Dungey and I walked down Marshall Street? So we're just casually strolling along, enjoying a nice evening and each other's company, when suddenly the night sky is broken by a pillar of bright light. The light engulfs us, and we start levitating. Well, I'm strongly considering wetting myself and I look over to Eric Dungey to see how he's doing, and wouldn't you know, he's yawning! So we enter the UFO and are met by a delegation of aliens that inform us that we have been selected for analysis and research by their race. Before the main alien finishes, Eric Dungey murders him with a single punch to his center throat (he had 5) and says "According to Statute 9 section XII part A of the Intergalactic Treaty I have deposed of your leader and am hereby designated as Supreme Star Commander."

And that's how we colonized Mars on behalf of Earth.

Did I ever tell you about the time Eric Dungey and I walked down Marshall Street? So we're just casually strolling along, enjoying a nice evening and each other's company, when suddenly the night sky is broken by a pillar of bright light. The light engulfs us, and we start levitating. Well, I'm strongly considering wetting myself and I look over to Eric Dungey to see how he's doing, and wouldn't you know, he's yawning! So we enter the UFO and are met by a delegation of aliens that inform us that we have been selected for analysis and research by their race. Before the main alien finishes, Eric Dungey murders him with a single punch to his center throat (he had 5) and says "According to Statute 9 section XII part A of the Intergalactic Treaty I have deposed of your leader and am hereby designated as Supreme Star Commander."

Otto ...watching too many of those Chariot of the Gods episodes?

I can see some people not liking him too. As much as we love the competitiveness, he’s gotten into trouble over the years where the passion goes a bit far leading to insportsmanlkke conduct stuff

I can see some people not liking him too. As much as we love the competitiveness, he’s gotten into trouble over the years where the passion goes a bit far leading to insportsmanlkke conduct stuff

Yep, but he’s ours. I completely agree though. A lot like Devo, but Su basketball didnt suck before the 6 OT’s

As a measure of the growing momentum of this program, I can’t tell you the number of general sports fans and general CFB fans I have met in recent weeks who have said those words immediately upon learning I’m an SU fan.

About half as many, still impressive, have said something nice about Dino.

But I think Eric has a national following beyond what many of us may understand.

Had he not had the strange back freakout against ND, I have a feeling the legion would be even larger.

We’ll enjoy TD’s efficiency next year, but Eric is a genuine folk hero.
College sports is great for flawed crazy interesting players in teams you don't care about
Dungey is perfect for that.

“He’s helped bring back Syracuse football to relevance, holds most of our records, carried himself off the field in a way that made the school proud, and made some of the most iconic plays in the last 20 years ... but man, he was a little too fired up at times for my liking”

“He’s helped bring back Syracuse football to relevance, holds most of our records, carried himself off the field in a way that made the school proud, and made some of the most iconic plays in the last 20 years ... but man, he was a little too fired up at times for my liking”

I am 100% OK with Eric being a little too fired up at times.

Give me that every game with a leader on offense and a leader on defense.

I remember that story.

Who said that?

I know you wrote that in jest, but that's pretty accurate to how I view things.

An iconoclast. Not to be seen before or since. A gatekeeper of sorts; a player we'll judge others by in the sense of having drawn a line. Before ED and after ED. Program is right on the cusp of something special. At this specific moment in time, I'd argue that Eric has had more to do with the perception of our program outside the 315 than even Dino. Dino may have built the path and doorway. Eric carried everyone through it. Or, rather, ran that d@mn door over.

An iconoclast. Not to be seen before or since. A gatekeeper of sorts; a player we'll judge others by in the sense of having drawn a line. Before ED and after ED. Program is right on the cusp of something special. At this specific moment in time, I'd argue that Eric has had more to do with the perception of our program outside the 315 than even Dino. Dino may have built the path and doorway. Eric carried everyone through it. Or, rather, ran that d@mn door over.

Absolutely.

Eric does not get there without Dino.

But Dino does not get there without Eric.

Dino said exactly that after BC. They needed each other.

Once Dino realized he wasn't talking to a quarterback, but a linebacker, all was good.