I may have missed it (George DeLeone is back!) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I may have missed it (George DeLeone is back!)

Agree. I didn't mean to imply recruiting fell apart because we forgot how to recruit. Although, it turned out that one loss (Vick) really hurt us and wasn't quite at decline time.

Competitors rose up and we didn't keep up. Rutgers, Pitt (with Heinz), UConn (with Burton). Even BC stepped up their game.

Meanwhile, we were looking around and saying that the wood paneling and drop ceiling in the locker rooms looked just fine.

The infrastructure issues were not the fault of P&D.

They pulled rabbits out of their hats for awhile.

ok, call him a run game coordinator. that's fine. he can be good at that and offensive line coaching. no shame in those things.

Following your coaching-acumen-meandering is difficult at times.

Lets see. Solid defensive coordinator. Solid OL coach. Solid running game coordinator.

"But hey, that's where I draw the line!"

i don't think baylor fans are going to like the matt rhule offense - this is a tough gig for deleone

What offense do they plan to run at Baylor?

Do you know?

Dome was still considered a top facility. Throw in Miami's probation as well which hit them for a couple years.

It could have been better, but I'd rather chew off my hand than start 2017 going down that rat hole.

Miami was 9-3 with a bowl win the year Deleone beat them 66-13 in the Dome.

Do you know?
Baylor hired Matt Lubick to be their OC. Lubbick was the OC at Oregon in 2016 and their passing game coordinator from 2013-15. Believe he took over for Frost when he went to UCF.

Baylor is expected to run the Oregon offense.

Do you know?
i assumed it's something more plodding and pro-style like he ran at temple

they're throwing out the baby with the bathwater there

i assumed it's something more plodding and pro-style like he ran at temple

they're throwing out the baby with the bathwater there

So, you don't know.

he was the best defensive coordinator ever

So, this time it's sarcasm?

The horribly difficult schedules that we face these days include the same kinds of teams we faced way back when - including Pitt, BC, UConn, NC State, Wake Forest, etc. We just aren't good enough these days to beat those kinds of teams.

In my business we establish credibility capital by conceding obvious or indisputable facts.

The brushing aside of the substantial success that P&D had for many years absorbs credibility.

well of course we don't know what they're going to run next year since it hasn't happened yet

maybe they run the three man weave

Hysterical!

Actually, it appears that Ruhle plans to run a version of the Chip Kelly spread.

Hysterical!

Actually, it appears that Ruhle plans to run a version of the Chip Kelly spread.
we'll see what they run. i expect it to be a more multiple hodge podge and less like what we're used to from oregon

Temple's QB almost threw for almost 3300 yards and was not accurate. They also had two runners with just under 1000 yards each. This is not your Addazio Temple teams. Sure it won't be the Baylor offense, but with the OC hire is shouldn't be a turd of an offense.

we'll see what they run. i expect it to be a more multiple hodge podge and less like what we're used to from oregon

Huh?

You expect?

Two minutes ago you didn't know that Ruhle had planned to run the Oregon offense.

Temple's QB almost threw for almost 3300 yards and was not accurate. They also had two runners with just under 1000 yards each. This is not your Addazio Temple teams. Sure it won't be the Baylor offense, but with the OC hire is shouldn't be a turd of an offense.
they're in the 50s and 60s in ypp and ypg and great on defense.

maybe he'll learn from gary patterson seeing the light. i'm interested. i bet they hunker down and slow things down as they recover from recruiting

So, this time it's sarcasm?

The horribly difficult schedules that we face these days include the same kinds of teams we faced way back when - including Pitt, BC, UConn, NC State, Wake Forest, etc. We just aren't good enough these days to beat those kinds of teams.

In my business we establish credibility capital by conceding obvious or indisputable facts.

The brushing aside of the substantial success that P&D had for many years absorbs credibility.
It seems in your business you use made up MBA terms like "credibility capital" to sound erudite. (J/K :p)

Dilbert Comic Strip on 1991-11-03 | Dilbert by Scott Adams