i need to vent | Syracusefan.com

i need to vent

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
we had a chance to steal the game at the end of regulation, and the best boeheim can come up with is inbounding it to edwards, who dribbles into the corner with nowhere to go, passes to torrence who shoots a contested corner fadeway that had less than a 1% chance of going in. knew the game was over there.

all jb had to do was screen mintz’s defender on the inbounds to free him up. you had the entire freaking backcourt to throw him the ball. boeheim sux man. so done with him and watching this same bs for almost a decade now. our regular seasons SUCK!!! bubble team or not even good enough to be on the bubble. What happened to us??? this is the least ive EVER been excited about a syracuse basketball season. and it sucks. syracuse games were a great thing to look forward to during the cold dark winters. but those days are gone until something changes.

we had a chance to steal the game at the end of regulation, and the best boeheim can come up with is inbounding it to edwards, who dribbles into the corner with nowhere to go, passes to torrence who shoots a contested corner fadeway that had less than a 1% chance of going in. knew the game was over there.

all jb had to do was screen mintz’s defender on the inbounds to free him up. you had the entire freaking backcourt to throw him the ball. boeheim sux man. so done with him and watching this same bs for almost a decade now. our regular seasons SUCK!!! bubble team or not even good enough to be on the bubble. What happened to us??? this is the least ive EVER been excited about a syracuse basketball season. and it sucks. syracuse games were a great thing to look forward to during the cold dark winters. but those days are gone until something changes.
Look, if you have something to say, say it.

Even more strange was boeheim subbed torrence for bell, but didnt even use torrence to secure the inbound. So why was symir out there? I rather have bell take a shot to win.

Well clearly the play was for Judah but they bottled him up (as they should have) and Joe missed the early look to him. And then I suppose…. Nothing else was the plan

I haven't rewatched, but I recall that Judah fell down in the backcourt and was out of the play. So to be fair, I'm not sure that is what JB drew up. Also to be fair, so far in this young season, everytime he calls a timeout to draw up a play, the resulting play is a complete turd, so who knows?

I haven't rewatched, but I recall that Judah fell down in the backcourt and was out of the play. So to be fair, I'm not sure that is what JB drew up. Also to be fair, so far in this young season, everytime he calls a timeout to draw up a play, the resulting play is a complete turd, so who knows?
If anything the judah fall down spared us from seeing something even worse.

Posh is a really great defender and made it hard on Mintz and wore him down. He fell down on that play and Girard was forced to throw it to Jesse. That said, the lack of screens to free up Judah was very frustrating. Not really sure why they didn’t do that. JB loves that damn ball screen. Did he feel like it would play into the Johnnies chaos creation? Man, we had that game and then just went into a funk for 6-8 minutes. Then we had it again at the end of regulation.

The play was likely to get it to Judah and drive and lob to Jesse or kick to an open Joe. Judah has to work on getting free for the in bounds pass.

This year should actually be easy for JB re strategy. When we need a bucket the play is ... get the ball to Judah. OK Judah you score. That's the play. Don't over complicate it. Once the ball goes to someone else and they start dribbling and dribbling it's over.

Well clearly the play was for Judah but they bottled him up (as they should have) and Joe missed the early look to him. And then I suppose…. Nothing else was the plan
Joe probably could’ve gotten him the ball. He took the easy way(for him) out though and abandoned the play and made the easy pass and then hid.

Why not put Torrence back there and have him screen for Mintz and come back to the ball? Probably frees Mintz enough and if not at least a guard has it and can maybe get it back to Mintz? I can’t think of any other reason for Torrence to be on the court there, other than to be another option to get the ball into, who can then hopefully get the ball to a scorer.(Mintz or Jesse inside)

Would have been cool if we had a timeout to call when chit hit the fan with 7 seconds left. JB burned a pointless one with five minutes or whatever left and we didn’t make a sub and turned the ball over out of it.

The coaching is so bad. We should be 5-0.

I honestly think our best end game play would have been inbounds to Jesse, go coast to coast and score.

Would have been cool if we had a timeout to call when chit hit the fan with 7 seconds left. JB burned a pointless one with five minutes or whatever left and we didn’t make a sub and turned the ball over out of it.

The coaching is so bad. We should be 5-0.
Not sure we have the talent to be 5-0.

If you watch, Judah fell down after the ball was inbounded, completely taking him out of the play

I honestly think our best end game play would have been inbounds to Jesse, go coast to coast and score.
Once Jessie gave up the ball I knew we were going to OT. He should have gone rogue and taken the last shot. Dude single-handedly kept us in the game late in the second quarter.

Once Jessie gave up the ball I knew we were going to OT. He should have gone rogue and taken the last shot. Dude single-handedly kept us in the game late in the second quarter.
The play was obviously broken by the time Jesse had the ball. Agree he should have tried to go to the basket instead of pounding the ball into the floor and burning up half the time left.

Lol we had no one working or even as a diversion to get Judah open.

We had Judah getting bottled up then the rest of our players assuming their offensive role of standing around doing nothing on the other end.

That in bounds could’ve been drawn up better by your local middle school coach.

Judah was open on the inbounds. I’m not sure if passing it to him was the play because Joe wasn’t looking at him for whatever reason.

Might have been a plan to get it to Jesse and have him get it to Mintz at a full sprint like a lot of NBA teams do now? Idk.

To me, the priority on that last possession is:
  1. Take the final shot
  2. Take a good shot
So from that POV, Jesse did the right thing not going up with it. Probably shouldn’t have dribbled where he did though.

At any rate, the play clearly broke down and the players didn’t respond particularly well. I have a lot of issues with Boeheim, but I think that play was mostly on the players.

Last edited:
This year should actually be easy for JB re strategy. When we need a bucket the play is ... get the ball to Judah. OK Judah you score. That's the play. Don't over complicate it. Once the ball goes to someone else and they start dribbling and dribbling it's over.
He told Judah several times to just drive and he didnt do it.. Its all a learning process

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom