I ran into Red Autry last night. | Syracusefan.com

I ran into Red Autry last night.

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
I was very happy to buy him a celebratory beverage and to thank him. Felt like it was the proper thing to do. Guy behind the bar asked him if he went to the game and then did he stay until the end. Red said that he had to. Thought it was pretty funny. The guy obviously was no sports fan.

I was very happy to buy him a celebratory beverage and to thank him. Felt like it was the proper thing to do. Guy behind the bar asked him if he went to the game and then did he stay until the end. Red said that he had to. Thought it was pretty funny. The guy obviously was no sports fan.
Classic

Where, pray tell, was this genius bartender?
And why in the world would he ask if he stayed until the end? Although, to be fair, our fans are famous for leaving even when the game is in doubt.

Since I sit on the aisle, I believe I can safely report that I didn’t see a single person in my section leaving. Ha!

That is hilarious

Oh man Imagine if it was Edinger after the UNC or FSU game

That’s great. Where were you? Prime?

Why in the world would you go to a bar in Syracuse after a game that had a bartender who was not a sports fan? It didn't have a TV? And why was Red there, unless he didn't want to be recognized.

Where, pray tell, was this genius bartender?
To be honest, before Red walked in, we were talking about the football team and the guy said he hasn't been to a football game since Archbold, so I imagine he hasn't been to a hoop game since there were peach baskets. Plus Red was in street clothes and everyone else had something orange on so it was a semi-legitimate question.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom