I said it last week | Syracusefan.com

I said it last week

orange7

Starter
And I wasn’t wrong. Gtown he beaten us head to head the last few years. UConn and seton hall in the top 25. Rutgers beat us last year.

We are their little brothers now…I was called out but wasn’t wrong. This is a bad loss. A team that loss to Dartmouth…We lost to Colgate.

This is a poor constructed basketball team. And the rotations do not help from the head coach.

And I wasn’t wrong. Gtown he beaten us head to head the last few years. UConn and seton hall in the top 25. Rutgers beat us last year.

We are their little brothers now…I was called out but wasn’t wrong. This is a bad loss. A team that loss to Dartmouth…We lost to Colgate.

This is a poor constructed basketball team. And the rotations do not help from the head coach.
What you see on the basketball floor is a combination of ego and lack of accountability.

How am I wrong? Both teams have beaten us head-to-head. Both teams have better records.

Use the evidence man.

Youre not right man. One or two head to head matchups dont matter. But the program is in a downturn and its lasted too long

You forgot to mention seton hall. They are better than us too

Youre not right man. One or two head to head matchups dont matter.
Georgetown had the best player on the court today. A real 5 star. Who was a man against boys. We lost head to head and have lost more in recent memory to them.

Our team is getting laughed at as we continue to get beat on the glass and have given up so many wide open 3’s

This program sucks but give me a break about the Rutgers and Seton Hall passing us. Rutgers lost to Lafayette and DePaul Seton Hall didnt make the tourney last year.

Georgetown had the best player on the court today. A real 5 star. Who was a man against boys. We lost head to head and have lost more in recent memory to them.

Our team is getting laughed at as we continue to get beat on the glass and have given up so many wide open 3’s

Your first sentence literally has nothing to do with who is a better program. If I am looking to the future, Syracuse is much better positioned to either of those programs.

I am not defending Syracuse—the program is down and has been. But I am not going to give credence to ridiculous H0T Takes.

Heres one for you—last year, in a down year, we still went further in the tourney than Rutgers’s best year ever. We also went further than G’Town.

Literally none of those programs have accomplished anything. That’s why you were called out. And deservedly so.

But, we are a dangerous tournament matchup. It’s all about March. There is still plenty of time to get on the right side of the bubble and it will totally validate our season if we make the sweet 16 of the NIT.

Colgate has passed us too. And Dartmouth has passed gtown.

Your right, big picture, Villanova has blown past us. Uconn and Seton Hall have caught up and passed us in terms of on court talent right now. Heck Bonaventure could get their team ranked for a week or 2 this year, meanwhile another bubble year at best for JB. Board of Trustees better take note and pay attention.

You were wrong the first time you said it, you continue to be wrong today, and if you spout the same inane logic again tomorrow, it would still be wrong.
Short-sighted simplistic takes, no matter how enticing, do not an argument make. By any measure, we are and continue to be better programs than either The Hall or Rutgers. Our worst years would rank right up there with some of their best.
Your argument sounds juvenile, since programs are not built in a day. To discount years of success, even that which we've accomplished recently, is simply ridiculous on your part.
And notice I haven't mentioned UConn, since they arguably and over a longer period of sustained success, can rightfully make the claim that you've carelessly designated to both RU/SH.
Wrong perspectives based on faulty and premature arguments are still just that...wrong. JMHO

But, we are a dangerous tournament matchup. It’s all about March. There is still plenty of time to get on the right side of the bubble and it will totally validate our season if we make the sweet 16 of the NIT.
Can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. Not a knock on you; just wondering if I should try or can afford a prevagen regimen.

Terrible stupid loss and its might be a long year (or short depending on how you look at things).

If the Syracuse, Georgetown, Seton Hall, UConn, Villanova, Rutgers jobs all came open at the same time tomorrow, our job is better than the others by miles.

Terrible stupid loss and its might be a long year (or short depending on how you look at things).

If the Syracuse, Georgetown, Seton Hall, UConn, Villanova, Rutgers jobs all came open at the same time tomorrow, our job is better than the others by miles.
Then Syracuse should be winning these games, but they are not...who does that reflect on?

I agree with all of those schools except Villanova due to 2 recent national titles and their location to Philadelphia talent. Thats a pretty good job, right now if Wright left for the NBA.

Be honest, right now a Nova offer from Jay Wright means more to a HS kid than a Syracuse offer from JB does, I hate to say it but its true.

Then Syracuse should be winning these games, but they are not...who does that reflect on?

I agree with all of those schools except Villanova due to 2 recent national titles and their location to Philadelphia talent. Thats a pretty good job, right now if Wright left for the NBA.

Be honest, right now a Nova offer from Jay Wright means more to a HS kid than a Syracuse offer from JB does, I hate to say it but its true.

It reflects that our roster is screwed up. For all the talk of stars and legends here, our program has been built on the backs of guys like Fair, Joseph, Triche, Rautins, etc etc...and guys aren't hanging around to be those players anymore.

Villanova still rents an NBA arena way off campus, plays on Fox Sports, doesn't have our $$$. Wright is obviously a total stud otherwise.

You really, really want to be right about this.

We are better than Georgetown, Seton Hall, and Rutgers fro sure. UConn and Nova not so much. Historically they are better. There are better recently and currently. SU will always be a Top 25 job. But the days of it being a Top 10 job have gone away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom