I think it’s time | Syracusefan.com

I think it’s time

Orangtiz

Starter
Agreed, its the same stuff that can be said for any great college player. It's the name of the game. You get 4 or 5 years to make your mark and Eric did that. Now its time to move on, no more excuses and no more dwelling.

Cuse12

Starter
Completely agree. I know we all relish in his past play, but let’s stop with the comparisons and “oh if we had dungey”. Every college has to have turnover with their QBs, and lets just be happy we have a QB who has great potential and he just needs to grow. Just like dungey had to do!

PAcuse

Hall of Fame
When DeVito proves himself and gets us a winning season, hopefully more than six games, and a good bowl then posters will stop talking about Dungey.
I want to believe this, I really do...

Scooch

Living Legend
1568728095346.png

Chip

Creature of Bad Habits
I saw someone rocking an old-school Graves jersey at the game

Was he also wearing the football pants? I believe the jersey had the Hall of Fame bowl patch.

Saw him at Orange Crate earlier in the day. By the way, the outside area in back of that place was a wonderful place to pregame before the tailgate on a surprisingly beautiful day.

Fat tire 13

But I really prefer IPAs
Was he also wearing the football pants? I believe the jersey had the Hall of Fame bowl patch.

Saw him at Orange Crate earlier in the day. By the way, the outside area in back of that place was a wonderful place to pregame before the tailgate on a surprisingly beautiful day.
ha! That was definitely him

elimunelson

All American
i think we should talk about things interesting on a message board. If someone started a conference reshuffle post i'm going there, no questions asked. i'm a sucker for certain flavors of syracusefan ice cream

elimunelson

All American
I've heard Philcox and Scharr's name in recent weeks.

Legends never die.

I don't think we talk about the GRob era nearly enough.

I'll show myself out.

I'll always thank Cam Dantley for his "get on my back" game at ND. The GERG Wars were often loss on the battlefield but the final fight in South Bend was fantastic. Colonel GERG went out with his head high.

IthacaBarrel

Shaky Potatoes
I'll always thank Cam Dantley for his "get on my back" game at ND. The GERG Wars were often loss on the battlefield but the final fight in South Bend was fantastic. Colonel GERG went out with his head high.

I thought Paulus had a couple moments as well!

IthacaBarrel

Shaky Potatoes
I honestly don't think that we will ever stop talking about Eric. He helped to bring SU football out of the darkness. You never stopped talking about legends but I think there will be less comparisons to DeVito once the team starts winning with Tommy at QB.

Agreed, Dungey will always be a legend in my book, as will Marvin and McNabb and who will ever forget Andy Robinson

Chip

Creature of Bad Habits

And Antwon Bailey and Art Jones in that game.

Broken clock is right twice a day. GRob couldn't quite achieve broken clock status. So close. Once.

Cuse12

Starter
I honestly don't think that we will ever stop talking about Eric. He helped to bring SU football out of the darkness. You never stopped talking about legends but I think there will be less comparisons to DeVito once the team starts winning with Tommy at QB.
Yup it’s not that we can’t talk about his phenomenal performances and his grit that we all loved. It’s just the comparisons and the “but if we had dungey this would/would not have happened” that could be put on a simmer.

kuethstheman

All Conference
I've heard Philcox and Scharr's name in recent weeks.

Legends never die.

I don't think we talk about the GRob era nearly enough.

I'll show myself out.
I didn't see the references to Scharr but I've been thinking about him. I'm reminded that he was like TD, a terrific passer. He also had a problem where he had no time to throw. It got so bad we had to switch to a running quarterback (McDonald) that was not nearly the passer Scharr was. I don't think we've got quite the same problem but it's reminiscent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Red2003

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom