I think its time for a discussion | Syracusefan.com

I think its time for a discussion

Briancuse

Living Legend
About the future of one Dino Babers. I love the man personally but the results are not there. It's looking more and more likely he is about to have his 4th losing season in 5 years. What happened today is unacceptable. Duke is a dreadful football team and they looked like Clemson today.

Syracuse will never win a National Championship, but they should be competitive. Dino's going to get a pass on this season, but will have pressure to make a bowl game in 2021 with or without Devito (probably grad transfers). Today's performance was appalling after a bye week against what was the worst team in the ACC despite having a +4 in the turnover column. The R&D (Recruiting and Development) of the program has to be called out. A lot of money has been poured into the program. This is not the ROI the school and donors wanted. I know for a fact that the Board of Trustees had soured on him midway into 2019.

You are not wrong, I had this conversation with a friend of mine what feels like years ago back before corona hit, we figured then so this would've been a "real season" he could miss a bowl and still get 2021 before anything happens, but the program is in bad shape all over, I said after GT we'd win 4 games maximum which I had a hard time seeing and got killed for saying so, it's not like we just have one problem we are a mess everywhere. I've been saying this for 2 years now we need to HIT THE TRANSFER PORTAL hard this often, their are always good players, idc what we have to do we should be getting 4-5 guys at a minimum

No playmaking QB recruit in 5 years. That is his problem. His staffs failure to bring in a plsymaker. TD is no playmaker. Never over recruited him. Its really that simple.

I thought for sure we’d have no trouble bringing in good QBs and WRs. So wrong. The only good WRs we’ve gotten were 2 transfers, and we haven’t gotten any good QBs. Kinda shocked, really.

Dino is not going anywhere. Just signed an extension a year ago; he’s here for the long haul. he has messed up in recruiting, especially on offensive side with some pretty big misses. The ‘21 class looks like his best class yet so that leaves some room for hope and optimism.

This year doesn’t really count anyway. Everyone preserves a year of eligibility. Only reason it’s being played is for TV money. No spring practice, shortened fall camp, weird schedule— he gets a pass this year.

I thought for sure we’d have no trouble bringing in good QBs and WRs. So wrong. The only good WRs we’ve gotten were 2 transfers, and we haven’t gotten any good QBs. Kinda shocked, really.
This is most concerning.

If we were losing, but he was landing talented QBs and WR’s in an exciting offense, that’s one thing..

He’s literally doing the opposite of that, in every facet I laid out.

Dino is not going anywhere. Just signed an extension a year ago; he’s here for the long haul. he has messed up in recruiting, especially on offensive side with some pretty big misses. The ‘21 class looks like his best class yet so that leaves some room for hope and optimism.

This year doesn’t really count anyway. Everyone preserves a year of eligibility. Only reason it’s being played is for TV money. No spring practice, shortened fall camp, weird schedule— he gets a pass this year.
I don't get the covid excuse. Everyone had no spring camp, weird schedules, and shortened fall camp.

How can you not bring in an experienced wideout after losing Tristan suddenly? How can you lose the only other viable qb on the roster to transfer just before the start of the season?

Not everyone had new OC and DC.
I'll agree somewhat with that, but Sterlin's scheme wasn't to different from what we already ran. The defense (minus today) has actually looked decent and I don't see a ton of mental mistakes being made.

Also, I'm not just arguing with you about the Covid thing, I see a lot of that excuse on this forum.