I thought I was in a time warp | Syracusefan.com

I thought I was in a time warp

CuseFaninVT

2023-24 Iggy Winner Leading Rebounder
upload_2018-5-16_12-9-31.png

Now I realize that millenials probably don't watch TV anymore, so all TV is targeted now at people my age and older.

Magnum PI and Murphy Brown? Sweet!

magnum looks like it will be fun, not sure if it will be good,, Hawaii 5-o has been solid though as has Macgyver.

funny how they cancelled so many shows that only people 50+ were watching and they suddenly those are the shows they are bring back..

Frasier/sienfeld./Cheers to follow would be fun.

bring back NIGHTSTALKER with Kolchak. loved that show. also how about a McMIllen and Mistress reboot ? keep it trumpy.

bring back NIGHTSTALKER with Kolchak. loved that show. also how about a McMIllen and Mistress reboot ? keep it trumpy.
How about Frank Cannon or Theo Kojak
upload_2018-5-16_21-56-22.jpeg
tv-kojak2.jpg

I absolutely love the original Magnum PI. The reboot looks awful.
its actually getting some really solid reviews. it wont be the original but it might be fun.. Hawaii 5-0 is much more fun the original as is MacGyver.

If they could update Columbo, that would be fantastic.

Love Columbo but just not sure I would like anyone but Peter Falk in that role, which obviously can't happen now.

the magnum PI reboot has higgins perilously holed up in the the compound due to kilaulua fissure eruptions . meanwhile magnum accidentally
shoots an unarmed TC cuz he thinks he's stealing a helicopter. and rick inadvertently dials in a phony nuclear threat when he hits the wrong button calling in a sports bet. and yes magnum is getting sued. for serial misogyny and murder.

Call me crazy, but I think Tony Shalhoub could do a serviceable job.

Shalhoub would be a solid choice. They would need good writers also. Not easy to write a murder mystery when the killer is known from the very beginning. That's another thing that makes Columbo so good. Steven Bochco and Steven Spielberg both got their starts on Columbo.

watched Columbo a couple weeks ago, funny that BAD guy who dun it was still young looking Dick Vandyke and the show that was on after it was Diagnosis Murder with Dick as the Good guy solving the crimes..

Shalhoub would be a solid choice. They would need good writers also. Not easy to write a murder mystery when the killer is known from the very beginning. That's another thing that makes Columbo so good. Steven Bochco and Steven Spielberg both got their starts on Columbo.

Fun fact I just read - Bing Crosby was first offered the role of Columbo but was retired and didn't need the money.

part of the terrific supporting cast on amazon's great "marvelous mrs. maisel"

Caught the pilot of this last night after seeing your post. Hilarious - I hope the rest of the series is half as good.

Call me crazy, but I think Tony Shalhoub could do a serviceable job.

Bumping an old thread. I've been watching some of the old Columbos again on the weekend now that football is over. I'm more open to resurrecting it than I was originally. I can't imagine it's easy to make a murder mystery entertaining when you know who did it the whole time, but they manage to. Might be kind of neat to see what they could come up with for storylines with the modern technology that is out there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom