I unabashedly support Dino Babers as the coach of the future. | Syracusefan.com

I unabashedly support Dino Babers as the coach of the future.

LAOrange

Starter
I've been around for a long time. My first year as a cheerleader at Syracuse was Ben Schwartzwalder's last year. My last 25 years have been as an Executive Recruiter. I've recruited to Syracuse before. It's a tough sell. I think I know talent when I see it. 2020 sucks...big time...but, Dino's still expressing a positive message; he's still looking ahead and he's still representing the values we want in a coach. He's not going to give up. Neither should we.

I've been around for a long time. My first year as a cheerleader at Syracuse was Ben Schwartzwalder's last year. My last 25 years have been as an Executive Recruiter. I've recruited to Syracuse before. It's a tough sell. I think I know talent when I see it. 2020 sucks...big time...but, Dino's still expressing a positive message; he's still looking ahead and he's still representing the values we want in a coach. He's not going to give up. Neither should we.
If he was looking ahead he wouldn't be starting Rex next week.

If he was looking ahead he wouldn't be starting Rex next week.

How do you know Dino isn’t looking ahead to 2021 and what he sees is Tommy as his starting QB and Rex as his back-up.

I am not advocating this but wouldn’t be entirely shocked if that were to happen.

How do you know Dino isn’t looking ahead to 2021 and what he sees is Tommy as his starting QB and Rex as his back-up.

I am not advocating this but wouldn’t be entirely shocked if that were to happen.
That would show that somehow all of these QB’s behind Rex aren’t as good and that’s concerning. Rex is not a backup capable of winning games

Rex is a senior.

Yep, this school, short of a scandal, is not dumping the guy responsible for the only double digit win season in twenty years two seasons later, it's just not happening.

Yep, this school, short of a scandal, is not dumping the guy responsible for the only double digit win season in twenty years two seasons later, it's just not happening.
So we will keep dino till the end of his contract if he never makes another bowl?

I agree with you from a representative standpoint. I agree with you from a actual coaching football standpoint. The issue is part of being a HC is recruiting. The talent level he has brought in hasn't been ACC quality. On top of that he has left holes are positions causing a disjointed roster.

As an Executive Recruiter, I'm certain that the main criteria of any business client first and foremost is presenting that client with a candidate that will attain the required results. Dino is a head football coach at a P5 level school, and in being such, his first and foremost job requirement/objective is to win games, certainly more than he loses. In that main criterion, Dino has not met expectations. Talent covers a very broad spectrum, which also includes knowing where one's "seat on the bus" is best suited for.

I can live with giving him next year but it has to be a winning season that's not debatable. Let's say he goes 1 and 10 this year and 4 and 8 next year. How many schools are keeping their coach after going 4 and 8 4 and 8 10 and 3 5 and 7 1 and 10 and 4 and 8?

I read the same things about Maloney, who did a great job bringing in some talent, and would have benefited from the brand new Dome.

I read the same things about Coach Mac, who took 5-7 years to get things on track even with the Dome.

I read the same posts about Coach P who gave us the most sustained stretch of winning that we had had in decades, in a more challenging environment. I don’t think anyone here would question that had we invested in the program rather than waiting until after P had been fired to do so, that we would have been better off.

I don’t doubt HCDM is perfect for SU. It will happen, maybe not on the timeline anyone expected, but it will happen.

I read the same things about Maloney, who did a great job bringing in some talent, and would have benefited from the brand new Dome.

I read the same things about Coach Mac, who took 5-7 years to get things on track even with the Dome.

I read the same posts about Coach P who gave us the most sustained stretch of winning that we had had in decades, in a more challenging environment. I don’t think anyone here would question that had we invested in the program rather than waiting until after P had been fired to do so, that we would have been better off.

I don’t doubt HCDM is perfect for SU. It will happen, maybe not on the timeline anyone expected, but it will happen.

The guys who treat this like its pro sports or the SEC are funny.

Syracuse wanted into the P5 division and they are taking the money. If they don't do everything possible to compete at that level do you know what that makes the University? Never in Syracuse sports history have they settled for this.

They are doing everything possible: upgrading facilities, renewing the contract of the coach who led them to their best season in 17 years, and not listening to stupid fans who went from wanting a Dino statue to wanting him fired in two years.

Go find a UMass board.

They are doing everything possible: upgrading facilities, renewing the contract of the coach who led them to their best season in 17 years, and not listening to stupid fans who went from wanting a Dino statue to wanting him fired in two years.

Go find a UMass board.
You implied that SU doesn't need to compete with the top tier. Then get out of the P5 and stop embarrassing the schools tradition of sports achievement against all odds.

You implied that SU doesn't need to compete with the top tier. Then get out of the P5 and stop embarrassing the schools tradition of sports achievement against all odds.

Right. You’re either the NY Yankees, or get out of P5. Got it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom