I was behind the SU bench at Clemson | Syracusefan.com

I was behind the SU bench at Clemson

stuckinbig11

All American
with my son. Mapquest said it was a 1hr 47min drive from Asheville, where I now live and my son is a prof, but it took 2hr 30min of unpleasant driving. Clemson is in the middle of nowhere. I met Wes Durham and Dan Bonner before the game, as they were just hanging out. We were seated close enough to the SU bench that we could hear JB during time-outs. Trust me--he is still very much motivated. JB's comments on why we lost were very accurate--we did not close out on shooters, and Jesse got no looks in the first half. I watched Tyson during warm-ups; he never missed. He did not miss many during the game either, but nobody was closing out on him. Hall has a very good short game. There are signs for Carrier all over the Littlejohn Coliseum, which was only about half full; it was 78 degrees outside, so maybe they did need the air-conditioner running. We saw a lot of SU fans, but they did not make a lot of noise because there was not much to cheer about. I am still glad that we went to the game.

with my son. Mapquest said it was a 1hr 47min drive from Asheville, where I now live and my son is a prof, but it took 2hr 30min of unpleasant driving. Clemson is in the middle of nowhere. I met Wes Durham and Dan Bonner before the game, as they were just hanging out. We were seated close enough to the SU bench that we could hear JB during time-outs. Trust me--he is still very much motivated. JB's comments on why we lost were very accurate--we did not close out on shooters, and Jesse got no looks in the first half. I watched Tyson during warm-ups; he never missed. He did not miss many during the game either, but nobody was closing out on him. Hall has a very good short game. There are signs for Carrier all over the Littlejohn Coliseum, which was only about half full; it was 78 degrees outside, so maybe they did need the air-conditioner running. We saw a lot of SU fans, but they did not make a lot of noise because there was not much to cheer about. I am still glad that we went to the game.
There were some odd comments about tension on the bench between some of the players. Did you see anything like that?

Come to atlanta next time. We often beat GT.

I was at the game as well and second your assessment of Tyson. He was on a different level that day.

The thing that annoys me more than anything with this team is the lack of “dog” in any of the players outside of Judah. A casual observer would think this team didn’t care that they were losing by 20 most of the second half. Jesse especially seems to have this “I’m just happy to be here” attitude. I miss the swagger days of Devo, Flynn and Harris.

On a different note, I have a goal to get to all 15 ACC basketball arenas (this was venue number 8 for me) and the Clemson campus may be the most gorgeous one I’ve seen yet.

I almost dropped my alpha pager when you mentioned Mapquest. I totally forgot it existed so I tried to go online to see if it still worked, but my wife was on the phone so I couldn’t use the modem. Finally she finished her talk with the her friend and although I had access to the modem, my AOL account wasn’t connecting . I decided to switch to Netscape navigator but someone had deleted it , and I couldn’t find the floppy disk to reinstall it.

Oh well, I’ll just fire up the vcr…

Alta Vista forever!!!

1677309684111.jpeg

I almost dropped my alpha pager when you mentioned Mapquest. I totally forgot it existed so I tried to go online to see if it still worked, but my wife was on the phone so I couldn’t use the modem. Finally she finished her talk with the her friend and although I had access to the modem, my AOL account wasn’t connecting . I decided to switch to Netscape navigator but someone had deleted it , and I couldn’t find the floppy disk to reinstall it.

Post of the year candidate.

I missed the days we get AOL floppies in the mail, then it was CDs, then it became Pottery Barns catalogs, then it was Bed Bath & Beyond 20% off postcards. The BB&B 20% off cards came around the same time the program declined 20%, by the time Harbor Freight flyers showed up we were already potato knee deep. I missed the days of the 300 baud rate dialup modem handshake shrieking gghhh-ddddddd-vvvvvvvvvvvv-kkkkkkkkkkkk-sssshhhhhhhhhhh-jjjjjjjkkkkkkkkkkk on a Commodore 64.

I just wanted to know how long the drive would be; Mapquest still works. We used Google enroute.

I lived about an hour from Clemson.
We lived at The Cliffs at Glassy near Landrum just north of Greer for about 3 years.
Clemson has a beautiful campus and while not a great basketball school the football program enjoys a rabid fan base. I attended a football function as a guest of a neighbor. My reaction was I only wished we had the same level of support for SU Football.
As for “…not closing out on shooters… blah blah blah…” JAB is directly responsible for the fact that he and he alone has created this situation. He repeatedly uses this as an excuse for our dismal defense and ACC performance. I didn’t recruit the roster over these last few years, he did !
He and he alone is responsible. I know all teams have bad nights, but nights are now YEARS.

dang. I almost always use mapquest. I like how it lets you filter out routes with toll roads and ferries. Maybe they all do, but if something works why change it?

I missed the days we get AOL floppies in the mail, then it was CDs, then it became Pottery Barns catalogs, then it was Bed Bath & Beyond 20% off postcards. The BB&B 20% off cards came around the same time the program declined 20%, by the time Harbor Freight flyers showed up we were already potato knee deep. I missed the days of the 300 baud rate dialup modem handshake shrieking gghhh-ddddddd-vvvvvvvvvvvv-kkkkkkkkkkkk-sssshhhhhhhhhhh-jjjjjjjkkkkkkkkkkk on a Commodore 64.
Where are the good old days of being a little kid and the Sears and Monkey Wards catalogs with all the toys would come in the mail. Then you became an adult kid and the Victoria Secret catalogs would come. Now, it's too expensive to mail that stuff so the mailbox is empty. Not even bills because everything is paid online.

Where are the good old days of being a little kid and the Sears and Monkey Wards catalogs with all the toys would come in the mail. Then you became an adult kid and the Victoria Secret catalogs would come. Now, it's too expensive to mail that stuff so the mailbox is empty. Not even bills because everything is paid online.

1986 Sears Wishbook was a banger.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom