I was wrong | Syracusefan.com

I was wrong

IthacaMatt

Old Timer / Unofficial Contributor for 25+ years
Buddy is 100% starting next year.

In my defense, I was just saying that I hate to see him put under too much pressure prematurely, but I think Buddy is going to have a great year. No way he is coming off the bench. He will be a leader of this team.

In my defense, I was just saying that I hate to see him put under too much pressure prematurely, but I think Buddy is going to have a great year. No way he is coming off the bench. He will be a leader of this team.
It takes a bigly man to admit his error! And it’s “this” year, not “next” year, thank god!

First of all, great post. Best one all summer.

I am not so sure you are wrong. Buddy has all the markings of a good sixth man. JB has a history of bringing his most talented players off the bench. Sometimes last year the game was too fast for Buddy. He'll get better at that. But, as it is with all of his father's players, his place in the line up will be determined by how well he plays defense.

From the heading, I was expecting to read: "I was wrong said no women ever"

1*o4pDunKhOH6yNk9OEtWzxw.gif

I don't think it's that crazy to assume with 5 guards and a ton of shooting that Buddy might not necessarily be a starter specifically, particularly with some of the struggles he had defensively. But as poorly as he played in the NCAAT, he really had a pretty darn good second half. Improved significantly on the defensive end (maybe from atrocious to just below average, but still), had an excellent shooting year for a frosh and actually showed a little more varied offensive game than I would have predicted. Doubt we'll ever see him creating a ton of offense but he's not afraid to try and create inside the 3-pt line.

Will be interesting to watch but I'd guess he's in JB's circle of trust.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom