I would kill to have a baseball team

UpstateSM

Walk On
Watching the baseball regionals right now bums me out that Cuse doesn’t have a team. I would love to spend Saturday’s watching ACC baseball

OttoinGrotto

Professor Irwin Corey
Whoa, whoa man. Don't throw away your life and someone else's so casually. I mean, baseball is cool, but, you know, know your limits.

MSOrange

2018 Cali Winner: Passing Yards (Big Deal Again)
Watching the baseball regionals right now bums me out that Cuse doesn’t have a team. I would love to spend Saturday’s watching ACC baseball
Agree. I made that comment the other day in the H0T Takes thread that it drives me crazy that we're the only ACC school without a team. I know we have to work around the weather and figure out how to handle Title 9, but I'd love to see it happen eventually.

UpstateSM

Walk On
Well, at least you get 70 or so Mets games to go to.
I’ve lived in the Utica area the entirety of my young life and have never been to a game, although $1 beer Thursday’s or whatever day the promo is might get me out there this summer.
Agree. I made that comment the other day in the H0T Takes thread that it drives me crazy that we're the only ACC school without a team. I know we have to work around the weather and figure out how to handle Title 9, but I'd love to see it happen eventually.
The weather can definitely be worked around with the number of other smaller schools that play baseball (successfully too) in upstate New York. You’re right about Title IX and that might be the kicker but I’ll keep being blindly optimistic because it would be a ton of fun

Capt. Tuttle

Living Legend
Why would you go to college games when you haven't been to a game at the 2nd highest level available?

longtimefan

All American
Hockey will happen before baseball, and don't hold your breath for the pucks.

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
As soon as Boeheim retires, we swap basketball for baseball.

MSOrange

2018 Cali Winner: Passing Yards (Big Deal Again)
Hockey will happen before baseball, and don't hold your breath for the pucks.
I'd rather watch paint dry than hockey but you're probably right.

gbo

Resident Clemson Fan
I've always wondered why you guys don't have a team. Is it just a weather thing?

EnviroSciGuy

Walk On
Lemoyne has a D1 baseball team. The climate can’t be that much different way over in DeWitt.
I believe they reclassified to DII earlier in the decade when the MAAC gave them a put up or shut up type of offer, if I'm remembering correctly. Ditto ladies lax.

FloridaFan

2nd String
So what i read was once our FB/BB facilities are fully upgraded and we are making more money we will be able to sustain a program. sounds fair

longtimefan

All American
So what i read was once our FB/BB facilities are fully upgraded and we are making more money we will be able to sustain a program. sounds fair
I still think they add hockey first.

Cheriehoop

Staff member
I believe they reclassified to DII earlier in the decade when the MAAC gave them a put up or shut up type of offer, if I'm remembering correctly. Ditto ladies lax.
Yes, they put in rules that you had to be D1 in all sports just not some.They were targeted because of their success.

Top Bottom