I would kill to have a baseball team | Syracusefan.com

I would kill to have a baseball team

UpstateSM

LeQuint Allen/Justin Taylor Flag-Planter
Watching the baseball regionals right now bums me out that Cuse doesn’t have a team. I would love to spend Saturday’s watching ACC baseball

Whoa, whoa man. Don't throw away your life and someone else's so casually. I mean, baseball is cool, but, you know, know your limits.

Watching the baseball regionals right now bums me out that Cuse doesn’t have a team. I would love to spend Saturday’s watching ACC baseball

Agree. I made that comment the other day in the H0T Takes thread that it drives me crazy that we're the only ACC school without a team. I know we have to work around the weather and figure out how to handle Title 9, but I'd love to see it happen eventually.

Well, at least you get 70 or so Mets games to go to.
I’ve lived in the Utica area the entirety of my young life and have never been to a game, although $1 beer Thursday’s or whatever day the promo is might get me out there this summer.
Agree. I made that comment the other day in the H0T Takes thread that it drives me crazy that we're the only ACC school without a team. I know we have to work around the weather and figure out how to handle Title 9, but I'd love to see it happen eventually.
The weather can definitely be worked around with the number of other smaller schools that play baseball (successfully too) in upstate New York. You’re right about Title IX and that might be the kicker but I’ll keep being blindly optimistic because it would be a ton of fun

Why would you go to college games when you haven't been to a game at the 2nd highest level available?

Hockey will happen before baseball, and don't hold your breath for the pucks.

As soon as Boeheim retires, we swap basketball for baseball.

Hockey will happen before baseball, and don't hold your breath for the pucks.

I'd rather watch paint dry than hockey but you're probably right.

I've always wondered why you guys don't have a team. Is it just a weather thing?

1200px-SU-baseball-1888.jpg

No more eligibility.

Last edited:
Lemoyne has a D1 baseball team. The climate can’t be that much different way over in DeWitt.
I believe they reclassified to DII earlier in the decade when the MAAC gave them a put up or shut up type of offer, if I'm remembering correctly. Ditto ladies lax.

So what i read was once our FB/BB facilities are fully upgraded and we are making more money we will be able to sustain a program. sounds fair

So what i read was once our FB/BB facilities are fully upgraded and we are making more money we will be able to sustain a program. sounds fair
I still think they add hockey first.

I believe they reclassified to DII earlier in the decade when the MAAC gave them a put up or shut up type of offer, if I'm remembering correctly. Ditto ladies lax.

Yes, they put in rules that you had to be D1 in all sports just not some.They were targeted because of their success.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom