IDGAF what Cam Newton's dad says ... | Syracusefan.com

IDGAF what Cam Newton's dad says ...

Cowtown

Sesquipedalia verba
I want the league to protect the QB's on every team according to the rules.

Newton's dad 'grossly disturbed' by hits on QB

It does make me wonder though, if the fact that Newton has often behaved like a self-obsessed dick, has skewed the officials' interpretation of how the rules should apply. And perhaps, with his immense physical capacity, does he expose himself to greater risks? Or does that make it more difficult to see disadvantage? Do the rules need to be expanded to protect one of the league's stars? Or perhaps all the QB's?

I don't like the guy much, but I do want the rules applied evenly. Leading with the helmet has been a problem for a long time, and that hit put on him in the last minute was a classic example of what;s wrong with doing that. Each player in that exchange could have been seriously injured. That being said, if you're going to wiggle your ass off doing TD celebrations, don't complain when the defense comes a little harder after you've mocked them. So Cam, if you want to be treated like an adult, it's time to start acting like one, instead of an attention-seeking glamour-puss who seems to think he's doing something no one else has ever done. I never saw Johnny Unitas, Roger Staubach, Dan Marino or John Elway celebrate or pout like you do.

I don't much like the sack dances, either. Especially when the QB has been rocked or even hurt. Or any of the BS wiggle-ass acts following routine tackles or passes defended. I've always thought when you do something you're being paid to do, that should just be it. Act like you've done it before. I mean really, what's with all the "Look at me!!" crap? I never did a sack dance after marking a paper. I never did the Worm-dance after submitting the attendance, and I never high-fived anyone for caching a smoker or a fire alarm puller.

Gawd, I feel a lot better! :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom