If bazely was here | Syracusefan.com

If bazely was here

Briancuse

Living Legend
Hypothetical if he decided to come how much better would this team be? Discuss.

If we must digress it’s Quade we needed
I really wanted Quade, but he might have been a square peg in a round hole here. I could see him not fitting the zone.
We all get a chance to find out when he's at UW next year.

I really wanted Quade, but he might have been a square peg in a round hole here. I could see him not fitting the zone.
We all get a chance to find out when he's at UW next year.
But offensively he’s a true point guard and that speaks volumes. Ennis was fine but not tall

But offensively he’s a true point guard and that speaks volumes. Ennis was fine but not tall

I was fine with a lot of our teams when Ennis, Scoop, Flynn, GMac, Griffin, Hart, etc. were PG. It worked out well in 2010 with Triche, and in the tourney runs of 2013 and 2016, but I don’t think having the 6’4-6’6 guy is a necessity.

He'd prolly give us more consistent scoring/shooting from the 4, enough to win the ODU, UCONN games, maybe the Buffalo game

Bazely disgusts me.

He's made his bed.

Thumbed his nose at us... Then the G League... and is now planning to go directly into the 2019 NBA draft after training on his own for a year...

He's not even on the espn draft board for 2019, unsurprisingly...

NBA Draft 2019 Best Remaining Players - ESPN Draftcast

Talk about tanking your career before it even starts...

Sounds like he'll need to ply his trade in Greece, Australia or elsewhere and hope he can standout enough to make it back to the NBA...

Kid really screwed the pooch and took some horrible advice.

He's made his bed.

Thumbed his nose at us... Then the G League... and is now planning to go directly into the 2019 NBA draft after training on his own for a year...

He's not even on the espn draft board for 2019, unsurprisingly...

NBA Draft 2019 Best Remaining Players - ESPN Draftcast

Talk about tanking your career before it even starts...

Sounds like he'll need to ply his trade in Greece, Australia or elsewhere and hope he can standout enough to make it back to the NBA...

Kid really screwed the pooch and took some horrible advice.
If bazely was here?
"If a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his @ss a-hoppin."
—Nathan Arizona

That's the arrogance and ignorance of youth. We all had 'strange ideas' at that age. Spite aside, i hope his plans (eventually) work out better than mine.

Last edited:
If bazely was here?
"If a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his @ss a-hoppin."
—Nathan Arizona

That's the arrogance and ignorance of youth. We all had 'strange ideas' at that age. Spite aside, i hope his plans (eventually) work out better than mine.

True but either he had no good adult guidance or he was too arrogant to take good advice.

Either way, he's now in a sad situation.

Last edited:
We have absolutely no way of knowing yet whether he made a good or bad decision.

One thing is for certain, a board of Syracuse fans is basically the least objective group of people on Earth for evaluating this specific situation.

What is your draft position for him in the 2019 draft?

he's been on the NBA draft boards . you don't want that guy on your team ?

Somewhere in the 2nd round I would assume.

Based on what?

I know that was where he was projecting last year... But now a year later, hasn't been playing anywhere at a high level... The big draft boards have dropped him...

Based on what?

I know that was where he was projecting last year... But now a year later, hasn't been playing anywhere at a high level... The big draft boards have dropped him...

Based on everything we know about him as a player, it appears to be an odd path he’s taking.

While he’s a good athlete, he’s not some freak like a Zion or something. He’s not 7 feet, and athletic, with guard skills. He’s 6’8-6’9. Guys like that are not that all that rare these days.

And from all reports, he’s not some dynamic one on one type player who would shine in individual workouts or will go take over and stand out in a game that’s just thrown together. He’s said to be a high b-ball IQ team player who would look better when settled into a role on a team.

Doesn’t seem like the ideal candidate to go the route he’s gone.

We’ll see though.

We have a nice car and no steering wheel. Bazley wouldn’t be enough

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom