If called in the game , it's over and done | Syracusefan.com

If called in the game , it's over and done

tino

Walk On
If it's a flagrant foul than call it , it was not called , if called they get foul shots and it's all done. You can't suspend him now , not fair to Buddy, Team, Fans and the game. If ACC suspends him it's a persona thing...Buddy had a lower shoulder jammed into his body ..that was flagrant and not called also...He plays tomorrow or ,I put the Maloyk on the ACC

If it's a flagrant foul than call it , it was not called , if called they get foul shots and it's all done. You can't suspend him now , not fair to Buddy, Team, Fans and the game. If ACC suspends him it's a persona thing...Buddy had a lower shoulder jammed into his body ..that was flagrant and not called also...He plays tomorrow or ,I put the Maloyk on the ACC
ACC always wants an ace under the sleeves for Duke and UNC. When it happened, the referees were thinking what a gift. We will use it tomorrow.

I mean how can ACC suspend someone for an action which wasnt even deemed a foul... should have been. Yes. But it wasn't... ACC contradicting themselves.

Okay, okay. I'll actually try.

Imagine an opposing player punched an SU player and the refs missed it. I'm sure everyone would just want it to be water under the bridge.
totally

That's what really pisses me off. The refs blew the call, as they should have reviewed it and Buddy should have received a flagrant (no question about it). However, they didn't, so now the cancel police want to come in and take Buddy out after the fact for a call that the refs blew. If they call it during the game, we still win easily and Buddy plays tomorrow. Instead, we get punished for refs missing the call. That doesn't seem right.

I mean how can ACC suspend someone for an action which wasnt even deemed a foul... should have been. Yes. But it wasn't... ACC contradicting themselves.
Same reason NFL fines players after dirty plays and same reason suspensions are given in many sports. Officials enforce rules, leagues/conferences enforce policies. You want a particular play taken out of a game? Start handing out suspensions. Fights becoming too common? Start fining people and putting them on ice for a few games.

Then the NBA and the NHL, and other sports leagues, have contradicted themselves many times. Especially the NHL.

That's what really pisses me off. The refs blew the call, as they should have reviewed it and Buddy should have received a flagrant (no question about it). However, they didn't, so now the cancel police want to come in and take Buddy out after the fact for a call that the refs blew. If they call it during the game, we still win easily and Buddy plays tomorrow. Instead, we get punished for refs missing the call. That doesn't seem right.
Still, one never knows how an ejection today might have changed the game, and potentially even the outcome.

Imagine an opposing player punched an SU player and the refs missed it. I'm sure everyone would just want it to be water under the bridge.

But, the FSU player said he told the refs he got hit. And he’s laying on the ground. So what did the refs miss? Should have been reviewed and immediate penalty accessed.

refs didnt miss they play went to review so they well saw the whole thing and chose not to call anything

refs didnt miss they play went to review so they well saw the whole thing and chose not to call anything
Again, I’m 99% sure you have to make that call at the next dead ball. You cant find something past that and issue a foul. Sid’s second foul was the next dead ball. They didn’t look at the play until that wild FSU turnover a few moments later.

And I think they saw what happened, but knew they couldn’t address it.

What they should have done was review it when the FSU player told them he got punched in the stomach.

So if the dude on FSU punched Buddy after the game I guess there wouldn't be anything that could be done about it because hey, there has to be a foul, right?

OMG Buddy punched the guy with a closed fist seen by tens of millions of people now. The guy went down. He admitted it. If he punched him in the face and they did not see it does that make a difference? A diehard fan even must admit it was dead wrong and Buddy faced the music. Good for him, bad for the apologist’s.

OMG Buddy punched the guy with a closed fist seen by tens of millions of people now. The guy went down. He admitted it. If he punched him in the face and they did not see it does that make a difference? A diehard fan even must admit it was dead wrong and Buddy faced the music. Good for him, bad for the apologist’s.
No apology. Ever hear of Grayson..who committed real first could. Always got away with it...who did he play for and crickets from ACC

No apology. Ever hear of Grayson..who committed real first could. Always got away with it...who did he play for and crickets from ACC
Should say committed real dirt fouls

Or ACC referees think smart. If we called it now, Syracuse will win anyway. How do we do to benefit Duke tomorrow?

If we lost by 39, I wouldn't care after the game.

During the game, I would have been banned from the game thread.

But, the FSU player said he told the refs he got hit. And he’s laying on the ground. So what did the refs miss? Should have been reviewed and immediate penalty accessed.
Laying on the ground in great pains seems more theatrical to me.

Laying on the ground in great pains seems more theatrical to me.
He should have been taken to to locker room for medical care the way he was acting. I hope someday Wilkes comes out and says he faked it all and he got the league to nuke Buddy.

Don’t punch terrible players and this problem never arises .. not a hard directive to follow

I'm not usually in the camp of complaining about fouls called and stuff like that after a game but this whole situation wreaks. So, are we now in the game of going back and reviewing everything that happened afterwards to see if maybe something was missed? If that's where we are, okay I guess, but let's be consistent. Do it after EVERY DAMN GAME. The call wasn't made during the game. Calling it afterwards is BS.

I'm not usually in the camp of complaining about fouls called and stuff like that after a game but this whole situation wreaks. So, are we now in the game of going back and reviewing everything that happened afterwards to see if maybe something was missed? If that's where we are, okay I guess, but let's be consistent. Do it after EVERY DAMN GAME. The call wasn't made during the game. Calling it afterwards is BS.

It's not hard.

Don't punch the opposing player and you will not be subjected to arbitrary league justice protocols.

On the plus side, we haven't seen this before because our players don't punch opposing players ever (until now). In fact, this rarely happens anywhere, thankfully.

It's not hard.

Don't punch the opposing player and you will not be subjected to arbitrary league justice protocols.

On the plus side, we haven't seen this before because our players don't punch opposing players ever (until now). In fact, this rarely happens anywhere, thankfully.
I just disagree. Call it during the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom