if chan gailey's purpose in life is to make me want to break things... | Syracusefan.com

if chan gailey's purpose in life is to make me want to break things...

Millhouse

Living Legend
... then no one has ever lived a more purposeful life than him

Punting from the 34 makes me nuts but he wasted a timeout to do it. one they needed later.

he's so old that he doesn't know where the ball is and panicked when he realized the FG was 52 instead of 50 yards

him! He needs to be fired now! We need to tank the rest of these games though. :)

cj spiller: 7 rushes for 37 yards. 1 catch for 15 yards (8 touches @ 6.5 yards per)

fred jackson: 9 rushes for 14 yards. 5 catches for 16 yards. lost his fourth fumble of the year (14 touches @ 2.1 yards per)

Fred was a good player but Spiller should be getting 90% of the touches. Fred has hit the wall, he single handedly lost the Patriots game for the Bills.

The fact that CJ Spiller barely touches the ball, on a day when the weather is absolute and Fitzpatrick can't throw the ball downfield when conditions are perfect, is reason enough to fire this clown on the spot.

I said from the start, he was as bad a re-tread as they could hire (assuming the Ray Handleys and Rich Kotites of the world would never resurface).

Wonder where they go from here, re-tread hasn't worked out (Jauron, Gailey), NFL OC and DC promotion hasn't worked out (Mularky, Williams). College hire? Back to the well on former HCs and go after Andy Reid? (a guy I genuinely felt good for yesterday).

Chan needs to go for a number of reasons...
- the punt instead of a fg for the second time this season... and both times it cost us the win
- the seeming inability to get the most dynamic player in football touches... his explanation for it is priceless but but it was was Fred's turn
- the inability to stop the other team from scoring at the end of game drives... yeah it's on wanny but Chan hired wanny and can't get wanny to pressure the qb at all on those game winning drives
- the faith in a QB who just doesn't have the arm to complete anything but a vertical pass over the middle of the field... can't go deep and can't really throw to the sidelines
- some of the shittiest game management skills in the history of football... against indy before half they get all aggressive from their own 10 before half, give the ball back and Indy scores... last week he gets all conservative given the ball at the 40 and settles for a fg... what the
- drafting so ineptly... on team this bad how can you cut 3 or 4 mid-round draft picks from this year's draft? We can't afford to waste that many picks

The beat goes on for the bills... I thought Jauron was the worst but somehow they found someone worse in Chan.

Fred was a good player but Spiller should be getting 90% of the touches. Fred has hit the wall, he single handedly lost the Patriots game for the Bills.

Spiller will be getting 100% of the touches for the rest of the season.

Ive never said I will stop rooting for a team in my life and I wont say it now, but if they keep Gailey and Wannstedt and to a lesser extent Fitzpatrick there is no way in hell that I am getting Sunday Ticket to watch this team next year. I can't watch a noodle arm QB who throws pop-up flyballs when the WR has his man completely beat resulting in an INT. I can't watch 5,000 f***ing screen passes a game. I can't watch demoralizing game changing/ending INT's every other week. I can't watch while the most electric RB in the NFL gets 8 touches...ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?. Nah, let's just let our extremely poor man's Brett Favre if Brett Favre sucked, throw the ball 100 times a game. Why do we even have a FG kicker again, can someone remind me what it is FG kickers are actually supposed to do if not to kick FG's? We run in obvious pass downs, pass in obvious run downs, constantly go away from what is working to do some fancy Megamind stupidass Chan Gailey type sh**. Oh, yea the defense...does Dave Wannstedt know that its not a penalty if you rush more than 4 people? Blitzing-the word we shall not speak of. Its cool though, I really enjoy watching deja vu as a team converts 3rd downs and 4th downs while we rush 4 all the way to the game ending score for the other team. Being a Bills fan is Awesome!

I said from the start, he was as bad a re-tread as they could hire (assuming the Ray Handleys and Rich Kotites of the world would never resurface).

Wonder where they go from here, re-tread hasn't worked out (Jauron, Gailey), NFL OC and DC promotion hasn't worked out (Mularky, Williams). College hire? Back to the well on former HCs and go after Andy Reid? (a guy I genuinely felt good for yesterday).

Ugh, please no Andy Reid. Seems like he basically runs the same crap offense as Gailey. Throw the ball 100 times a game, even though you don't have the personnel to do it.

Watching the rams drive down and score in the exact same fashion as the titans was infuriating. Gailey sits there with a thumb up his ass while wannstedt refuses to dial up any pressure. Spiller needs the ball. Heads need to roll and it starts up top. The only time gailey dials up a long throw is when we should be playing for possession time, not the home run. He plays not to lose instead of to win with a 3-0 lead. We have a prevent offense.

in a logical world yes. in chan's world, that means tashard choice wildcat.
LOL, how predictably hilarious was it when FJax went down and then immediately in came...Tashard Choice haha.

Wasting the timeout was puzzling while it happened. His explanation after the game ("I thought it was a 50 yarder but they told me it was 52 yards and I told Chandler to let them run the play clock down to take the penalty but I was afraid they were going to snap it.") was enraging.

That sequence alone is a fireable offense, when one considers his 15-30 record.

The problem is, few if any quality coaches will want to come here and coach for a team with an owner hanging on by a thread and who knows what will happen when he finally croaks.

Wasting the timeout was puzzling while it happened. His explanation after the game ("I thought it was a 50 yarder but they told me it was 52 yards and I told Chandler to let them run the play clock down to take the penalty but I was afraid they were going to snap it.") was enraging.

That sequence alone is a fireable offense, when one considers his 15-30 record.

The problem is, few if any quality coaches will want to come here and coach for a team with an owner hanging on by a thread and who knows what will happen when he finally croaks.
The sad thing is that this team has talent. With better coaching they are a playoff team.

The sad thing is that this team has talent. With better coaching they are a playoff team.

I agree. That's why I think Nix is doing a good job. Just needs to find a quality head coach who can recruit a very good coaching staff. That and choose a QB or two next April.

Jim Kelly needs to walk into Ralph's house and be like listen old man you are going to bite it soon, your wife's not far behind, the only one of your kids who had an interest died there is no reason to hold onto the team. Hopefully Jim could get it for a discount.

Jim Kelly needs to walk into Ralph's house and be like listen old man you are going to bite it soon, your wife's not far behind, the only one of your kids who had an interest died there is no reason to hold onto the team. Hopefully Jim could get it for a discount.

Can Ralph adopt Jim Kelly?

That would be the ideal situation of course adopting a 50 year-old man might be problematic for the IRS.

I don't see why. He'll, if that guy down in SEC country could adapt the college football player, what's the difference?

Hell, if there are any really wealthy folks out there reading this, I am available for adaption.

I don't see why. He'll, if that guy down in SEC country could adapt the college football player, what's the difference?

Hell, Joyce if you are out there reading this, I am available for adaption.

Fixed that for you, Joyce might not be the wealthiest person out there but you will get really, really good tickets.

did any bill, buttfumble??

for if not, you got that going for you.

:p

... then no one has ever lived a more purposeful life than him

Punting from the 34 makes me nuts but he wasted a timeout to do it. one they needed later.

he's so old that he doesn't know where the ball is and panicked when he realized the FG was 52 instead of 50 yards

I'll see the Bills' punt from the 34 and raise it 2 yards. In the 2002 NFC title game, Andy Reid punted from the Bucs 32. The 32! Naturally, the Bucs took over from their own 4 and drove 96 yards for a TD.

Which makes Andy Reid the perfect guy to take over for Chan. He can trade three first round picks for Nick Foles and have him quick kick Coach Mac-style every time the Bills get to the other team's 32.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom